Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment? (Read 26945 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Reply #780 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Rep. Al Green blasted House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi for “trivializing” the issue.

“President Donald Trump can be impeached, and should be impeached, for his hateful, hurtful and bigoted policies.  Trivializing his bigotry also allows Trump supporters to hypothesize that while Trump may be an objectionable jerk, he is not an impeachable bigot, which is not true.”

Pelosi shot back:

“I’m not walking away from impeachment for political reasons, and I’m not walking toward it for political reasons. I just think it’s divisive.”

“What people want to know is, what are you doing to help me in my life? How I’m going to educate my kids or pay the rent or mortgage, medical bills and the rest of that? They think it’s an excuse not to have solutions by talking about the rest of these other things.”

It's odd, but I agree with Pelosi about the dangers of impeaching Trump without a commitment from House Rebublicans to assist.

If Trump was impeached and subsequently acquitted, it would essentially guarantee a second term for him.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #781 - May 17th, 2018 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Trump and his legal team are planning to use the one-year anniversary this week of Robert Mueller’s appointment to ratchet up pressure on the special counsel to close his investigation.

"Congratulations America, we are now into the second year of the greatest Witch Hunt in American History...and there is still No Collusion and No Obstruction."  -  Trump

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-15/trump-to-use-mueller-one-year...

I predict the investigation will drag out until a strategic time emerges to drop a bomb on Trump. 

The Mueller fishing expedition has two main goals:

1) DESTROY.

2) TRUMP.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #782 - May 17th, 2018 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 1:41pm:
Trump and his legal team are planning to use the one-year anniversary this week of Robert Mueller’s appointment to ratchet up pressure on the special counsel to close his investigation.

"Congratulations America, we are now into the second year of the greatest Witch Hunt in American History...and there is still No Collusion and No Obstruction."  -  Trump

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-15/trump-to-use-mueller-one-year...

I predict the investigation will drag out until a strategic time emerges to drop a bomb on Trump. 

The Mueller fishing expedition has two main goals:

1) DESTROY.

2) TRUMP.
Geez, very close to half of all Americans support Trump.

Only 8.7356% like Bernie, and the excitement of having Trump removed from office would be likely to kill him.

Pence isn't my first choice to become President by default and not be in office long enough to evaluate before he runs against Elizabeth Warren...

Who really wants Pence to be President?

More than want Trump...

So why didn't the GOP run Pence as their candidate?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #783 - May 17th, 2018 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 5:25pm:
So why didn't the GOP run Pence as their candidate?

Pence didn't have the "star" status that Trump did.  Trump had the name recognition.  Pence didn't. 

The LNC chose Gary Johnson for exactly the same reason  - name recognition.  There were much more qualified Libertarian candidates running for prez, but nobody had ever heard of them. 

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #784 - May 19th, 2018 at 11:21am
Print Post  
The push to impeach Trump has shifted gears.  Its now in low gear.  Clearly the Mueller fishing Expedition has been dragging the nets for a year now, and no big fish were found - just a few creepy-crawly things.

Maxine "Impeach 45" Waters is a lucking funatic.  Even many Democrats admit it.  Only the most ignorant people pay any attention to her rants.

It all rests on one man: Michael Avenatti, Stormy Daniels' lawyer.  This morning on MSNBC's Joy Reid Show, Avenatti showed his cards.  Which was surprising actually, because he just telegraphed his knockout punch to Trumps lawyers.

He said he would do exactly what I predicted Mueller would do:  get Trump to lie about something - anything - while under oath. Then slap him with perjury and/or obstruction charges.

Avenatti said to Reid:   "Mr. Trump is incapable of telling the truth - everyone knows it."

He has a point - Trump lies like a rug.  But one thing Avenatti is overlooking is the 5th Amendment.  Any time a sworn deposition is offered, 5th Amendment rights apply - in a criminal case AND a civil case (Stormy Daniels Non-Disclosure Agreement lawsuit is a civil case).

If Trump were to be subpoenaed to testify in a sworn deposition, he may (and certainly would) plead the 5th.

Avenatti made it very clear that he intends to single-handedly get Trump removed from office.

Avenatti is a fool and has more hubris that Trump.  If that's even possible!   Grin

(edited for spelling)
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2018 at 10:40pm by SkyChief »  

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #785 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Tom Steyer, a California Billionaire activist, is running a $20 million national ad campaign calling for Trump's impeachment.

“People in Congress and his own administration know that this president is a clear and present danger,”

“What’s the strategy?   There’s a proper time to impeach him.  When you impeach Trump, you gotta do it real close to 2020 - I don’t want to give those bastards five minutes to get their act together.”

“My point is the Founders — the people who wrote the Constitution — gave us a tool for removing a dangerous and lawless president, which is what we have. And not to use it means that we are basically going to accept the idea that there is no response to a president who puts democracy — and our people — at risk.”

“We’ve noticed that the political Establishment is opposed to the opinion of the country: that this president needs to be impeached and removed from office. We hear it, we see it. They say the time is not right, they say it is politically inconvenient. They say that we’re normalizing the impeachment process.”

Trump said of Steyer:

“Wacky & totally unhinged Tom Steyer, who has been fighting me and my Make America Great Again agenda from beginning, never wins elections!”

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #786 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 4:55pm:
Tom Steyer, a California Billionaire activist, is running a $20 million national ad campaign calling for Trump's impeachment.

“People in Congress and his own administration know that this president is a clear and present danger,”

“What’s the strategy?   There’s a proper time to impeach him.  When you impeach Trump, you gotta do it real close to 2020 - I don’t want to give those bastards five minutes to get their act together.”

“My point is the Founders — the people who wrote the Constitution — gave us a tool for removing a dangerous and lawless president, which is what we have. And not to use it means that we are basically going to accept the idea that there is no response to a president who puts democracy — and our people — at risk.”

“We’ve noticed that the political Establishment is opposed to the opinion of the country: that this president needs to be impeached and removed from office. We hear it, we see it. They say the time is not right, they say it is politically inconvenient. They say that we’re normalizing the impeachment process.”

Trump said of Steyer:

“Wacky & totally unhinged Tom Steyer, who has been fighting me and my Make America Great Again agenda from beginning, never wins elections!”
If it went buy popular opinion, lots of Presidents would have been impeached.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #787 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
If it went buy popular opinion, lots of Presidents would have been impeached.

Thankfully, "popular opinion" is not a criterion for impeachment.  We need to rely on cooler heads to make these hard choices.

Rachael Maddow had an emotional breakdown tonight.  It was totally faked, and everyone (who saw it) knows it.

So sad.   Cry

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #788 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 7:38pm:
The LNC chose Gary Johnson for exactly the same reason  - name recognition.  There were much more qualified Libertarian candidates running for prez...
Pooie Chief.

Johnson was a successful two time Governor who did a very good job. He has a record you can look at. It's far better than Hillary's record or the record of The Donald.

There was no better candidate running than Gary Johnson.

Edit: Are you wondering why he got almost no airtime, and what little he did get was dishonestly adversarial?

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #789 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 6:24pm:
Pooie Chief.

Johnson was a successful two time Governor who did a very good job. He has a record you can look at. It's far better than Hillary's record or the record of The Donald.

There was no better candidate running than Gary Johnson.

Edit: Are you wondering why he got almost no airtime, and what little he did get was dishonestly adversarial?

i should know what you're thinking, being so well connected to you but I don't, so could you tell us why we should support Gary Johnson?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy