Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment? (Read 30479 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Reply #800 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Trump circles the wagons.  If Dems take House in mid-terms (and it kinda looks as though they might), Impeachment is a done deal.

He is now assembling a special impeachment defense team.

Impeach-O-Meter bumps up to a 65% !!   Shocked

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #801 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
It is believed that either Dan Coats or Don McGahn wrote an "anonymous" Op-Ed piece in the NYT basically saying that Trump is incompetent and that the 25th Amendment protocols may soon be put into motion.

Outraged, Trump Tweeted:

"Does the so-called “Senior Administration Official” really exist, or is it just the Failing New York Times with another phony source? If the GUTLESS anonymous person does indeed exist, the Times must, for National Security purposes, turn him/her over to government at once!"

Lots of drama on the Hill!    Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #802 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
When Congress takes the control that has been given to it, I'll expect them to impeach lots of people. I can give testimony as to what defines a "High Crime". Wink

The Donald wants dissenters and/or whistle blowers to be turned over to the government?

That's exactly why they want to remain anonymous...

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #803 - Dec 10th, 2018 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Impeachment rhetoric is back in the news.

Senior House Democrats have raised the prospect of impeachment or prison time for Trump if it's proved that he directed illegal hush-money payments to women, adding to the legal pressure on the U.S. president over the Russia investigation and other scandals.

Democrat Party attack-dog, Maxine Waters said:

"We cannot continue with a president who lies - this president must be impeached."

However, cooler heads advise not letting emotions dictate actions.  Sen. Angus King (I) from Maine and a member of the Senate intelligence committee, cautioned against a rush to impeachment, which he said citizens could interpret as political revenge and a coup against the president:

"I'm a conservative when it comes to impeachment. I think it's a last resort and only when the evidence is clear of a really substantial legal violation. We may get there, but we're not there now."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/top-house-democrats-raise-prospect-impeachment-jai...

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #804 - Dec 10th, 2018 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 10th, 2018 at 1:56pm:
Impeachment rhetoric is back in the news.

Senior House Democrats have raised the prospect of impeachment or prison time for Trump if it's proved that he directed illegal hush-money payments to women, adding to the legal pressure on the U.S. president over the Russia investigation and other scandals.

Democrat Party attack-dog, Maxine Waters said:

"We cannot continue with a president who lies - this president must be impeached."

However, cooler heads advise not letting emotions dictate actions.  Sen. Angus King (I) from Maine and a member of the Senate intelligence committee, cautioned against a rush to impeachment, which he said citizens could interpret as political revenge and a coup against the president:

"I'm a conservative when it comes to impeachment. I think it's a last resort and only when the evidence is clear of a really substantial legal violation. We may get there, but we're not there now."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/top-house-democrats-raise-prospect-impeachment-jai...

This is a point in favour of having a dictator and having that dictator be above the law.

I disagree with just about every one of Trump's policies, but he shouldn't be subject to this. It's disgusting. To me anyway.

Politics has devolved into, "I disagree with you, so you must be breaking the law, and I'm going to find where."

I guess if you're a pragmatist, anything that gets him gone, but something about that is just distasteful to me, especially if he was elected legitimately.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #805 - Dec 10th, 2018 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 10th, 2018 at 9:40pm:
I guess if you're a pragmatist, anything that gets him gone, but something about that is just distasteful to me, especially if he was elected legitimately.

That's just it - dems say he stole the election by colluding with Russia. (he didn't)  And they allege that he used campaign money to silence the whores he was banging.  That IS a crime and impeachable.

In the end, impeachment will only help Trump.

The Senate will never convict, and he will walk away victorious.

Trump's re-election will be a slam-dunk.

The dems need to tread very carefully.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #806 - Dec 10th, 2018 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 10th, 2018 at 10:28pm:
That's just it - dems say he stole the election by colluding with Russia. (he didn't)  And they allege that he used campaign money to silence the whores he was banging.  That IS a crime and impeachable.

In the end, impeachment will only help Trump.

The Senate will never convict, and he will walk away victorious.

Trump's re-election will be a slam-dunk.

The dems need to tread very carefully.

What outcome are you hoping for?

I admit, I'm secretly hoping you're right.

Trump is an aggressor, and it is right that he should be impeached of course, but it's also not aggression for me to hope he isn't.

I'm a libertarian in action, and I would never vote for Trump, but my emotions still tend toward Statism. I find dirty tactics deplorable, even if they're used for the right reason, against the right people - against aggressors. I instinctively desire a state of affairs that's less mud-flinging and more about respect, even for those who oppose you.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #807 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 10:47am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 10th, 2018 at 11:31pm:
What outcome are you hoping for?

I admit, I'm secretly hoping you're right.

Trump is an aggressor, and it is right that he should be impeached of course...

In December, 1998, they impeached Bill Clinton for his extra-marital sexual escapades.   

Clinton said "I did not have sex with that woman!"    But he did.  Nine times. 

The actual charges were perjury and obstruction of justice.   Senate failed to convict.

I think hope dems will hit Trump with the exact same charges; perjury and obstruction of justice.

And the Senate won't get the required 2/3 votes to convict.  Trump will walk.   

Poetic justice?  I think so!   Smiley    Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #808 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 9:01am
Print Post  

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #809 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Good one.  I liked this part:

After all, real transparency would undermine [the Left's] ability and that of their allies to distort the truth and to perpetuate their venerable tradition of character assassination by selective leaks, slander, innuendoes, and tsunamis of vulgarity, vituperation, vitriol, and violence.

The Lefties are sneaky snakes, and that became apparent when Nancy demanded that the discussion of funding for the Wall be held in private - away from News cameras.  It's clear the Left just want to obfuscate.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Many Weeks Until The President's Impeachment?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy