Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Meaning of Banning Cash
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Meaning of Banning Cash (Read 2309 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Meaning of Banning Cash
Reply #60 - May 1st, 2017 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 10:04am:
But I believe there's a light at the end of that dark tunnel we a racing towards.  I don't pretend to know what it is,  but things will  probably be very different on the other side. 

What?

Is that what your "critical thinking" produces? Bizarre statements that sound like naive children talking about their faith?

Sorry, I guess scientists think the same thing...

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #61 - May 2nd, 2017 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 5:04pm:
Yeah yeah, OK... how long from the "beginning stages"  to the actual collapse?

This is the question that the experts struggle with. Most of them predict 2 to 5 years - some predict it will happen this year. 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #62 - May 2nd, 2017 at 10:01am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 9:52am:
This is the question that the experts struggle with. Most of them predict 2 to 5 years - some predict it will happen this year. 

OK. Let us know when you get a glimpse of that light at the end of the tunnel... Do you have any idea how long the tunnel is? Decades? Centuries? Millennia?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #63 - May 2nd, 2017 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 10:01am:
OK. Let us know when you get a glimpse of that light at the end of the tunnel... Do you have any idea how long the tunnel is? Decades? Centuries? Millennia?
The "light at the end of the tunnel" metaphor was not a good one - I regret using it.

I should have said when all the dust (of economic collapse) settles, we will be better off for it. The world will become smarter when is comes to thinking about money.

Real Money will become good again. Fake money will be rejected.

The biggest mistake that visionaries make with their predictions is pinning a date on them.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #64 - May 2nd, 2017 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 11:09am:
The "light at the end of the tunnel" metaphor was not a good one - I regret using it.

I should have said when all the dust (of economic collapse) settles, we will be better off for it. The world will become smarter when is comes to thinking about money.

Real Money will become good again. Fake money will be rejected.

Economic collapse will be good? It will make people better off? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

After a worldwide economic collapse, people will be thinking of survival... Gangs of barbarians will be roaming around stealing what they need to survive...

I'm certain that means they won't give you anything at all for completely worthless government issued fiat currency?

What will you use to replace it? I have extra turnips and beets... And some oats. If you get hungry, what will you give me for them? I'll take 90% silver dimes.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #65 - May 2nd, 2017 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 4:28pm:
Economic collapse will be good? It will make people better off? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

After a worldwide economic collapse, people will be thinking of survival... Gangs of barbarians will be roaming around stealing what they need to survive...

I don't think it will come to that. I think it will be a severe depression that will greatly reduce the standard of living for all but the 1%ers.  The government will be forced to shut down all non-essential operations.  That means ObamaCare, welfare checks, and the Military Intervention Policy [Middle-East wars] stop. A lot of government jobs will be lost, exacerbating the economic collapse even more.

Jeff wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 4:28pm:
What will you use to replace it? I have extra turnips and beets... And some oats. If you get hungry, what will you give me for them? I'll take 90% silver dimes.

I have .999 1-ounce silver coins.  No 90% dimes.  Also, have lots of toilet paper.  Everyone needs toilet paper sooner or later.  And when the stores run out of it, I reckon it will be worth its weight in gold.

Ill trade 4 rolls of toilet paper for your bushel of beets.  Or I can offer one American Silver Eagle. Your choice.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #66 - May 5th, 2017 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
It looks like Canada's banking "system" is going to collapse.

Probably if they would have banned cash, things would be working out better...

I think it's all those people buying and selling for gold nuggets and gold dust that has destroyed Canadian banks...

This modern fiat money "system" often confuses everybody!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #67 - May 26th, 2017 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Before a total ban on Cash, they will initially ban the $100 notes.  $500 and $1000 notes have already been removed from circulation. This will "condition" people to make electronic payments instead of using cash. Once everyone is comfortable making all purcahases with electronic transfers, they will issue an edict that cash is no longer leagal tender.  Mercants will no longer have a cash drawer in their registers. The US Mint will only coin silver and gold. No more Federal Reserve Notes will be printed.

There will be alot of grumbling at first, but 99% of the sheeple will just bow their heads and accept it.  The 1% will continue to conduct cash and barter transactions.

Typically, most people dont want to fuss with electronic payments for purchases under $10.  They prefer to use cash.  I think that over time, local currencies will emerge. These will be the equivalent of FRNs, but they will be issued and backed by each State.   Interesting times ahead.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #68 - May 26th, 2017 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 12:09pm:
Before a total ban on Cash, they will initially ban the $100 notes.  $500 and $1000 notes have already been removed from circulation. This will "condition" people to make electronic payments instead of using cash. Once everyone is comfortable making all purcahases with electronic transfers, they will issue an edict that cash is no longer leagal tender.  Mercants will no longer have a cash drawer in their registers. The US Mint will only coin silver and gold. No more Federal Reserve Notes will be printed.

There will be alot of grumbling at first, but 99% of the sheeple will just bow their heads and accept it.  The 1% will continue to conduct cash and barter transactions.

Typically, most people dont want to fuss with electronic payments for purchases under $10.  They prefer to use cash.  I think that over time, local currencies will emerge. These will be the equivalent of FRNs, but they will be issued and backed by each State.   Interesting times ahead.

Typically, people would rather use their debit cards for transactions. The only factor holding them back is the charges that go with it.

I know from experience as I have a no-charges card due to association with my bank.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #69 - May 26th, 2017 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 12:09pm:

How will I be able to pay the kid who cuts our lawn?  What if he doesn't accept BitCoin?  Hopefully, checks will still be honored as payment for goods and services.

I might offer him a nice shiny Silver Eagle as "payment". I has a face-value of just one dollar, but it's actually worth over $17!  He would be wise to accept it -  normally we just give him 15 bucks cash.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Meaning of Banning Cash
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy