Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Meaning of Banning Cash
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Meaning of Banning Cash (Read 2753 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Meaning of Banning Cash
Reply #80 - May 29th, 2017 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 11:51am:
Im not going to spoon-feed you, Jeff.  If you want to find out what Rickards is talking about, you'll need to re-read the essay.

When Rickards talks about "Exchanges", he's referring to London gold spot Market, and New York Gold Futures [COMEX] Market 

You quoted Rikards as saying that the London spot market and the New York Futures market are "new" exchanges? You expect me to believe he said that?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #81 - May 29th, 2017 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 3:40pm:
You quoted Rikards as saying that the London spot market and the New York Futures market are "new" exchanges? You expect me to believe he said that?
Believe whatever you want.

I'm bored discussing what Rickards said (or meant). If you have an issue with the essay, take it up with him. he can be reached at:

Info@jamesrickardsproject.com

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #82 - May 29th, 2017 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 4:53pm:
Believe whatever you want.

Thanks, I didn't need your permission, and I still think you made up some nonsense that included Rikards calling rather ancient exchanges "new". As if he was an ignorant 15 year old. Cry

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #83 - May 29th, 2017 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 4:57pm:
Thanks, I didn't need your permission, and I still think you made up some nonsense that included Rikards calling rather ancient exchanges "new". As if he was an ignorant 15 year old. Cry

There's only one rude and ignorant 15 year old on this forum and that's you, shit for brains. Learn how to respect your elders.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #84 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 8:10am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #85 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 8:10am:

Faux libertarians inventing ways to undermine the system. The wrong way out and the easy way out. As opposed to just coming to accept that 'socially responsible capiatlism' is what has been missing all the time!

Socially responsible capitalism which Trump actually promise to bring to the people, but never had any intention of doing so.

This thread serves the purpose of an exercise in learning for Americans.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #86 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 1:28pm:
As opposed to just coming to accept that 'socially responsible capiatlism' is what has been missing all the time!

You still haven't described the system of political economy you mean by "socially responsible capitalism". You haven't even given us a hint (because you can't without exposing it as evil tyranny), but nevertheless, you want people to just "accept" it. Cheesy

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #87 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
The War On Cash Rages On -  Visa Begins Bribing Merchants To Stop Taking Cash!

Visa Inc. has a new offer for small merchants: take thousands of dollars from the card giant to upgrade their payment technology. In return, the businesses must stop accepting cash.

The company unveiled the initiative on Wednesday as part of a broader effort to steer Americans away from using old-fashioned paper money. Visa says it is planning to give $10,000 apiece to up to 50 restaurants and food vendors to pay for their technology and marketing costs, as long as the businesses pledge to start what Visa executive Jack Forestell calls a “journey to cashless.”​

read rest of article:
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2017/07/visa-trying-bribe-merchants-stop-taking-c...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #88 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 4:49pm:
The War On Cash Rages On -  Visa Begins Bribing Merchants To Stop Taking Cash!

Visa Inc. has a new offer for small merchants: take thousands of dollars from the card giant to upgrade their payment technology. In return, the businesses must stop accepting cash.

The company unveiled the initiative on Wednesday as part of a broader effort to steer Americans away from using old-fashioned paper money. Visa says it is planning to give $10,000 apiece to up to 50 restaurants and food vendors to pay for their technology and marketing costs, as long as the businesses pledge to start what Visa executive Jack Forestell calls a “journey to cashless.”​

read rest of article:
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2017/07/visa-trying-bribe-merchants-stop-taking-c...
Think for a moment about who might want to use cash.

Then contrast that against the people who want to ban the use of cash (even though "cash" is now in fact valueless fiat scrip.)

Pick sides and we'll go on from there.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #89 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 5:36pm:
Pick sides and we'll go on from there.

Its a good challenge. I won't pick sides, though.  Both sides are doomed.  I will wait until the dust settles.  I have lots of toilet paper and boxes of dry .357 mags.    I'm willing to trade...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Meaning of Banning Cash
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy