Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › freeing school
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) freeing school (Read 3203 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: freeing school
Reply #110 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:04pm:
Yet you have counter to the factual statements that Lincoln never banned slavery or recommended a ban of slavery in Union slave states and that he fired a general for freeing slaves.
Why bother "countering" isolated factoids, chosen to promote your bad opinion of all the things you hate? Piss on you, you narrow minded bigot.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #111 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:25pm:
Why bother "countering" isolated factoids, chosen to promote your bad opinion of all the things you hate? Piss on you, you narrow minded bigot.

You sure hate to lose, Jeff.  Worse than Kaz, actually . . .

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #112 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:29pm:
You sure hate to lose, Jeff.

In fact, I'm used to losing, having done so much of it over my fairly long life.

I'm also used to having people like you declare me a loser rather than address my arguments.

What I have hated since I can remember is being told I lose, but not why.

F**k you.

Edit: They are not really my ideas or original arguments. I've mentioned that many times.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #113 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:42pm:
In fact, I'm used to losing, having done so much of it over my fairly long life.

I'm also used to having people like you declare me a loser rather than address my arguments.

What I have hated since I can remember is being told I lose, but not why.

Oh, sorry.  You lose when you admit that  you are unable or willing to counter facts that show that you are wrong.  Also when you say things like:

Quote:
F**k you.

Quote:
Edit: They are not really my ideas or original arguments. I've mentioned that many times.

Well, no.  I knew that.  You already said you get your ideas about the moral rectitude of the Union and the vile evilness of the Confederacy from those historical bodice rippers you like so much. 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #114 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:07pm:
Oh, sorry.  You lose when you admit that  you are unable or willing to counter facts that show that you are wrong.
I know the narrow evil ways in which you operate.

I have been wrong many times, but I am not wrong here.

You distort reality into your own narrow ideological channel, ans say I am wrong because I know your ideology is evil.

Too bad for you.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #115 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:16pm:
I know the narrow evil ways in which you operate.

I have been wrong many times, but I am not wrong here.

You distort reality into your own narrow ideological channel, ans say I am wrong because I know your ideology is evil.

Too bad for you.

This is your classic method when you lose.  Change the subject to some silly personal attacks because you have no evidence whatsoever that Lincoln opposed slavery.

Kaz finally left the board for good.  I'm happy not to have his childishness, but I would have preferred that he stayed and grew up.  I ask the same of you.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #116 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:30pm:
This is your classic method when you lose. 
Classical liberal ideas are not exposed as nonsense without strong rational arguments, which  you cannot provide. 

F**k you asshole.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #117 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 8:16am:
If you had been listening to libertarians you would know that acting human consists of respecting the rights of others and taking responsibility for yourself, which you say you do now, so you should have no problem continuing to act human.

Acting human. Listening to libertarians. Lesson 1:

Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:25pm:

Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:42pm:
F**k you.

Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 6:47pm:
Classical liberal ideas are not exposed as nonsense without strong rational arguments, which  you cannot provide. 

F**k you asshole.

I hope at least Burnsy sees why I refuse to act human, even if it will grant me rights. If I have to act like this to get rights, I'd prefer to die in a gas chamber. Thanks anyway, though.

Jeff wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 8:35am:
Just act human and people will generally respect your rights as a human. Libertarians will anyway, and the classical liberals. Authoritarians of all stripes will continue to deny you the exercise of whichever of your rights interfere with them taking power and keeping it.

Jeff wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 4:21pm:
The Opposition wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 4:10pm:
Jeff wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 7:08am:
So you believe that every human is born with Natural Human Rights.

All you have to do to have them is admit to being human and not in prison.

And in Nazi Germany, all I would have to do to have rights is say I'm not a Jew.

I don't want 'em if I have to say the right things to have them.

You claim to be an animal then, but want to be recognized as having  human rights? That's fine. Just act human and everybody will respect your human rights.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #118 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 6:57am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 12:26am:
I hope at least Burnsy sees why I refuse to act human, even if it will grant me rights.
Make up your minds. First you claim to obey all the 'rules' and respect everyone elses' rights, then you say you refuse to act human.

Red says Lincoln liked slavery, just like Jefferson Davis (and he tosses slavery and Lincoln into discussions as a constant diversion) but can't explain how Lincoln and Davis ended up on opposite sides of a terrible war because he is ignorant of the history of the time.

Lincoln understood that allowing the rebellious slave states to leave the Union would preserve slavery in America and lead to continued and continuous war over the Territories and slavery.

Lincoln understood that the best way to end slavery in America was to preserve the Union.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #119 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 6:57am:
Make up your minds. First you claim to obey all the 'rules' and respect everyone elses' rights, then you say you refuse to act human.

Red says Lincoln liked slavery, just like Jefferson Davis (and he tosses slavery and Lincoln into discussions as a constant diversion) but can't explain how Lincoln and Davis ended up on opposite sides of a terrible war because he is ignorant of the history of the time.

The fact that two slavers were on opposite sides of the terrible war is proof that the war wasn't about slavery. 

Quote:
Lincoln understood that allowing the rebellious slave states to leave the Union would preserve slavery in America and lead to continued and continuous war over the Territories and slavery.

You keep saying that but you have zero quotes from Lincoln in which he said anything like that.

Quote:
Lincoln understood that the best way to end slavery in America was to preserve the Union.

As you know, there was never a declaration of war.  Instead, Lincoln called up the militias of the states with the stated aim of forcing states in rebellion to comply with U.S. law.  Nothing was mentioned about slavery in that proclamation. 

Nor were the loyal states so eager to invade the south in spite of Lincoln's stirring words about taking back Union-owned forts:

https://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/14/lincoln-declares-war/

Some governors were undiplomatic in their response. Gov. Claiborne Jackson wrote, “Not one man will the state of Missouri furnish to carry on any such unholy crusade.” Gov. John Ellis wrote, “You can get no troops from North Carolina.” Gov. Beriah Magoffin wrote, “Kentucky will furnish no troops for the wicked purpose of subduing her sister Southern states.” Gov. William Burton of Delaware didn’t answer. Maryland was an acute problem, not only because its governor, Thomas Hicks, was unenthusiastic, but because so many northern troops would have to cross Maryland to defend Washington. Many Marylanders felt invaded by these troops — whose main purpose was to stop an expected invasion. These problems would eventually work themselves out, as the federal government, by necessity, transformed itself from a feeble collection of office-holders into a mighty instrument of national will. By the end of the war, governors were far less important.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › freeing school
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy