Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › freeing school
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) freeing school (Read 4257 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: freeing school
Reply #150 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 5:30pm:
108, have sprinklers in every classroom to extinguish fire(s);

109, to raise more money for public education, a fee of five cents per minute of very violent entertainment (like Dragonball Z episodes) broadcasted is beneficial and higher fee is much more beneficial;

110, perhaps let local school officials decide criteria for "student(s) schedule(s) swapping", so basically if student(s) has or have good grade achievements of course(s), then they can skip said course(s) for hour(s) of day(s) to go to other course(s) in other classroom(s) during respective hour(s) of respective day(s);

111, a tax or fee on fictional violent related words that are to go through Echelon to compensate for Echelon slowing can be of great benefit for educaring (public education or private education or religious education);

112, (from chip burcham): have Arabic taught in all preK through high school schools because on Sunday morning of 26th day of August of 2018, i had asked friendly spirits if: 1, evil spirits were created from distress of violence in Iraq, and if said evil spirits had caused John McCain's brain cancer; and 2, if so, then should Arabic language be taught in schools to try to discourage said evil spirits from being mean, and instantly I had a vision of John McCain instantly appearing in front of my mind's eye of which he had said to me, "Damn it! Yes!"

113, optionalize studying of prime numbers so that more worthwhile studying can be achieved;
If I've correctly learned the lessons about the NAP that the lizard has been trying to teach me,  all of that sort of thing is prohibited to pure libertarians by the NAP, which means you'll have to get "progressive" people to teach all the lessons and install the sprinklers, and that will cost way more...

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #151 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
from chip burcham: we must prohibit every educarer from unusually punishing student(s) because when i was in 7th grade, my health teacher punished a student about 10 to 11 times for being late to sit on a chair after bell rang 10 to 11 separate respective schooldays (that chair was near back of room away from classroom door farther than other students' respective chairs; that student had to write a 3,000 to 3,300 word report for that teacher about those latenesses

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #152 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 8:13am
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 9:09pm:
from chip burcham: we must prohibit every educarer from unusually punishing student(s) because when i was in 7th grade, my health teacher punished a student about 10 to 11 times for being late to sit on a chair after bell rang 10 to 11 separate respective schooldays (that chair was near back of room away from classroom door farther than other students' respective chairs; that student had to write a 3,000 to 3,300 word report for that teacher about those latenesses
Being late disrupts the class and cheats the other students out of time that is supposed to be used to educate them.

What would you propose to do with a student who was repeatedly late for class?

People who are repeatedly late for work get fired...

And isn't part of the education of children to help prepare them for responsible adulthood when they will have to go out and get a job and hold it? Shouldn't students be taught that irresponsible behavior has real consequences in the real world?

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #153 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Jeff replied: Quote:
Being late disrupts the class and cheats the other students out of time that is supposed to be used to educate them.

I agree. 

Quote:
What would you propose to do with a student who was repeatedly late for class?

I would impose just and fair proportional deduction(s) to any student(s) salary (salaries) that she or he or they get from educational facility.

Quote:
People who are repeatedly late for work get fired...

Yes, but children are still learning how to be good citizens.

Quote:
And isn't part of the education of children to help prepare them for responsible adulthood when they will have to go out and get a job and hold it? Shouldn't students be taught that irresponsible behavior has real consequences in the real world?

Yes, and officials of an educaring facility (a.k.a. school) also should know how to mitigate such problems of tardiness, and so basically teacher(s) mustn't be prejudiced or deliberately rig said educational facility to try to humiliate student(s) for tardiness(es) or for other minor infraction(s).  Remember, each educaring facility usually has a small quantity of toilets to student population ratio and there's usually a small quantity of counselor(s) to student population ratio.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #154 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 11:50am:
I agree. 

I would impose just and fair proportional deduction(s) to any student(s) salary (salaries) that she or he or they get from educational facility.
Students get paid for going to school where you live? What a bad idea.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #155 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Yes, but children are still learning how to be good citizens.
And one way you teach them is to teach them that disrupting the productive activities of others will be punished.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #156 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Yes, and officials of an educaring facility (a.k.a. school) also should know how to mitigate such problems of tardiness
When I was in school, the teacher would say "You're late, go to the office."

Usually the administrators would notify your parents unless you had a believable written excuse.

Sometimes they would call parents into school to confer about a child's repeated tardiness or absence.

From time to time, a child would be forced to stay after school, or sometimes even be paddled in order to focus the child's mind.

It worked pretty well.

We had counselors, but their job was to help you find a good career path, not to help you through your emotional turmoils or counsel that you might need drugs and should explore your feelings about being pansexual.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #157 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 4:35pm:
Students get paid for going to school where you live? What a bad idea.

Actually, once you accept the idea of funding public schools through theft, it is an awesome idea.  It would be extremely cost-effective for reasons anyone who claims to be dedicated to both the free market and free public education for all children for the good of the community (not for the good of the children because that would be wealth transfer) should readily understand.

But if you don't, I'll be happy to explain it to you:

If a community requires or allows children to attend school at great expense to the taxpayer for the good of the community, then we are telling/asking them to labor for the benefit of others.  Yes, the children can also benefit, but children do not understand that.  They look at school as something they are forced to do.  Teachers tell them, "get to work!" and that is the start for many of them developing a poor work ethic because they see work as a negative.

At schools I often ask teachers who have kids with behavior disabilities, "What rewards to you give for good work?"  The answer is almost always WTTE of, "Well, if they don't do their work, I get on to them (Texas-speak for harshly chastising them), call their parents or give them detention.  If they do their work, their reward is that I don't get on to them, I don't call their parents and I don't give them detention." 

Would anyone else work hard under that "reward" system?  Of course not, that's absurd.

If the community wants children to be educated for the benefit of the community, let the community pay children for doing their school work, just as they pay the sewer workers for doing their waste disposal work.

Again, that is if one accepts the idea of theft-funded public schools which I do not.  Of course I greatly prefer my own system in which parents pay for  their own kids' education and use whatever parental methods they choose to motivate the learning.  But you think that sucks because it doesn't use enough force, so I'm explaining how you could more effectively use the stolen money.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #158 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:34am:
Actually, once you accept the idea of funding public schools through theft, it is an awesome idea. 
It will always be a terrible idea.

Start showing and telling children the difference between educated people and people who never became educated, show them as early as possible. Help them make up their own minds to want to be educated.

Give them nothing beyond a basic education, but make a part of that education education in reality.

Teach them that disrupting the productive activities of others has strong negative consequences.

Show the the real world benefits of education.

Help them learn if they want to. If they don't want to learn, not even productive manual skills, get rid of them, kick them out of school. Let the police keep an eye on them.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #159 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 4:30pm:
It will always be a terrible idea.

Start showing and telling children the difference between educated people and people who never became educated, show them as early as possible. Help them make up their own minds to want to be educated.

How are you going to stop the media from showing them high school dropouts who become millionaire basketball players and gang-bangers turned rappers who earn more in a year than a teacher with a masters degree earns in a lifetime?

Quote:
Give them nothing beyond a basic education, but make a part of that education education in reality.

Are you going to tell them that all of the funds for their education was provided by forcible confiscation? Or would stick with your claim that the "donations" were "voluntary" because the "community" "voted" on them?

Quote:
Teach them that disrupting the productive activities of others has strong negative consequences.

Show the the real world benefits of education.

Help them learn if they want to. If they don't want to learn, not even productive manual skills, get rid of them, kick them out of school. Let the police keep an eye on them.

How soon should unmotivated kids be gotten rid of?  First week of kindergarten?  Third grade after they've already had three years to disrupt other students' educations?

Which government officials are you confident can be trusted to make life-altering decisions about these children?    Will their parents be refunded their tax money so they can hire tutors?

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › freeing school
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy