Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › freeing school
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) freeing school (Read 10661 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: freeing school
Reply #170 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 14th, 2018 at 4:07pm:
Make them pay for the ice cream with money they earned, then take half of the ice cream they bought and eat it yourself, or give some of it to strangers.

Tell them to think about it and try to learn, but not to neglect their chores.

So what is the intended lesson, there?

That the children must get used to keepng less than they earn so that other people who don't earn can get stuff (like education, police protection, aircraft carriers and sewars) also?

In a way you have a point.  Whether you are a strong proponent of taxes as you are, or whether you are a strong opponent of that kind of theft as I am, It really would spoil children if you let them keep all of the money they make with their lemonade stands, lawn mowing, baby-sitting, etc. 

To keep the kind of social-democracy you advocate going, it is important that people enter the workforce already resigned to having half their earnings or more taken to be spent as Jeff sees fit.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #171 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 6:51am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 11:09am:

You can't figure it out? Really?

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #172 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote yesterday at 11:09am:

Jeff wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 6:51am:
You can't figure it out? Really?

Of course I can.  I just want you to say it so you will be once again contradicting yourself.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #173 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
114 number implied on page 16 (see my reply #151);

115, I think it would be a good idea if parent(s) or legal guardian(s), that live in poverty and that have (not necessarily respective) child(ren), be carefully observed by the government because said parent(s) or said legal guardian(s) could perhaps be unable to care for said child(ren) and could perhaps try to kill or sell said child(ren) for insurance money or for profit;

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #174 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 5:55pm:
...be carefully observed by the government because said parent(s) or said legal guardian(s) could perhaps be unable to care for said child(ren) and could perhaps try to kill or sell said child(ren) for insurance money or for profit;

Is this happening where you live? How barbaric!

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #175 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Jeff, I've never harmed nor hurt nor killed any child(ren) and no other person(s) have done so at my residence because there have been no child(ren) at my residence and there are no child(ren) at my residence and most likely there will never be any child(ren) at my residence.  But there does seem to be a numerical increase of child(ren) death(s) or child(ren) having been abused or child(ren) having been neglected, and those events of that numerical increase have been reported to local television media stations.  Unlike my Green Party friend chip burcham (he leans libertarian), I believe that person(s) living in poverty must not be allowed to create or raise child(ren).

Robots or software or holograms or artificial intelligence or computers or drones are going to do many jobs, except for tournament game judges, school officials, caring for child(ren), law personnel, all elected officials (hopefully), and other emergency personnel.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2018 at 5:06pm by AlayneLeung »  

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #176 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Well, there's going to be more jobs that perhaps hubeings will labor at that artificial intelligences won't have.  My Green Party friend chip burcham seems to have good ideas for jobs:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/gpctemp/2019-annual-national-meeting-should-vigo...
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2019 at 3:24pm by AlayneLeung »  

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #177 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 1:44pm:
Well, there's going to be more jobs that perhaps hubeings will labor at that artificial intelligences won't have.  My Green Party friend chip burcham seems to have good ideas for jobs:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/gpctemp/2019-annual-national-meeting-should-vigo...
What sort of people is he looking to hire? Is he like a working class headhunter?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #178 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
On topic, when did public schools turn from a good idea that virtually everybody supported to being something that nobody likes because it is largely ineffective and a huge money pit?

When was the Dept. of Education created, out of whole cloth?

That's when the changeover began isn't it?

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #179 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Jeff, chipburcham doesn't currently have a place to hire any beings yet.  No, he's not a headhunter.

And I would say that disdain for public schools (in the USA) began about the 1980s when funding was reduced for said public schools so that that funding went to USA Dept. of Defense insead. 

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=VJhhXPSiCYb-sAWAy4qQDw&q=when+was+the...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › freeing school
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy