Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › freeing school
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) freeing school (Read 4191 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: freeing school
Reply #20 - May 23rd, 2017 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 23rd, 2017 at 10:15am:
Ending slavery, the Sandy Creek Massacre (in which the Union Army bravely slaughtered women and children of the Cheyenne tribe who were flying the American flag in submission, but nevertheless had their breasts cut off and worn on Union Hats like trophies), Massacre at Wounded Knee, the Illegal invasion of the Philipines in which outright genocide occurred (and we are still in possession of the Bells of Balangiga, which the Filipinos continually request the return of).

"Samar was a major centre for the production of Manila hemp, the trade of which was financing Filipino forces on the island. At the same time United States interests were eager to secure control of the hemp trade, which was a vital material both for the United States Navy and American agro-industries such as cotton."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balangiga_massacre

Funny that the Union Army massacred an ethic group to support the Cotton Industry after beating the south and freeing the black slaves! Irony runs deep in history, which is written by the winners.

Sounds like your type of Unregulated Commerce was good ol' New England manifest destiny of the Puritans to control the planet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_H._Smith

I doubt Yankee arrogance would relinquish any trophies like those bells after having gotten them in a fight.

You may be right, good 'progressive' schooling would probably have stopped all that evil nonsense by making people much more sensitive. Grin

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - May 23rd, 2017 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Um merkelstan, about 14, there are so many schools in the United States that prohibit students from bringing food & candy onto school property because school officials are trying to prevent illegal drugs from being onto school property.  Preventing students from bringing food & candy onto school property I believe is unconstitutional because some students have Type I "Junior" diabetes and thus said students need that food & candy to stay healthy.

And Don_G, I'm an adult woman.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - May 24th, 2017 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 23rd, 2017 at 5:15pm:
I lived in good places in New England, where people would help almost anybody who needed help and were very accepting of almost anybody...

Where did you live? In 'progressive' inner city Boston?

You're a foreigner. Go back to Canada with the Hasidim.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - May 24th, 2017 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 3:23pm:
You're a foreigner. Go back to Canada with the Hasidim.
You think French Jews should be deported from Canada? Cry

No wait... I'm sure that's wrong...

You think serious Orthodox Jews from everywhere originally came from Canada, and should go back?

You've confused me completely with this one... Huh

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Also, Don_G, Libertarian's Forum isn't the only website that I've been told that I'm another member; at a game system related website, a moderator loginnamed chihawk says I'm my Green Party friend chip burcham.  And I think you'll like #83 below.

78, have each standardized test's multiple choice answers randomly positioned on each test paper(s) for each student to more prevent enlighteners (teachers) from giving answers to students because there've been some teachers that've cheated in past to get more tests correctly answered for more Federal $ for education;

79, require students to count to a centillion (exponently of powers of 10, see number word in Webster's Third New Dictionary for centillion);

80, make sure each student that rides a schoolbus has high definition sunglasses to protect his or her eyes from sunlight;

81, have chess and checkers updated for more diversity (why have 13th Century pieces when there can be photographs of you sort of shaped like said 13th Century pieces) and democracy (how about CoPresident, First Lord xor First Lady, etc.?);

82, have each student do physical activity for no more than 45 minutes at a time to greatly prevent toxic protein from happening in each of their bodies;

83, allow each student to listen to his or her choice(s) of music via headspeakers to improve her or his learning while respecting other student(s)' learning and teachers teaching and assistant teachers teaching;

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
I'd think that list was a joke but nobody would put that much effort into a joke. 

Magic classes, really?

Ban school uniforms because the cause fight but require the wearing of school colors?

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Ideas for freeing schools 70 to 77
Reply #26 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 4:29pm:
After reading your long, tedious and confusing posts, I have to conclude that I agree with you on this single point... The Maharishi University of Management has the right idea!

I am hoping you will waste lots more of your time elucidating on the issue. Thanks.

That's a much funnier and pithier joke.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 10:16pm:
14, allow students to bring their own food to school since each student and his/her parent(s)/legal guardian understands what's best for him/her

This hurts my brain.  US students cannot bring a bag lunch?  Or is this just in some states?

Its rare and only in some districts, I know of know state that has done this state wide.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 12:33pm:
I'd think that list was a joke but nobody would put that much effort into a joke. 

Magic classes, really?

Ban school uniforms because the cause fight but require the wearing of school colors?

Oppo does regularly. So that makes two who would!

No seriously, that's all easily identified as Oppo and that's the reason why I haven't been buying into it.

Maybe i will start for the fun of it. I has thought that libertarians would want to discourage that kind of behaviour because it only deligimizes their ideology and must drive prospects away. But apparently not?

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Not a joke, but instead just recommendations. 

Yes, magic courses because with so many evil spirits trying to eradicate lives and preparing to telekinetically smash one or more gigantic asteroids or comets into Earth, we have to react.

I think if a student's grade point average of PreK through 12 is below 2.5 (75% or below), then a school uniform probably should be worn by her or him at school only; school colors I'd leave to local schooldistricts to decide.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › freeing school
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy