Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › freeing school
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) freeing school (Read 12011 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: freeing school
Reply #90 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 5:21pm:
You're like Jeff that you can't be honest.
I am honest about this issue to the best of my knowledge, and you haven't taught me anything.

When the Democrats from slave states managed to get a "compromise" enacted into law that said territories applying for Statehood could use "democratic" means to determine if the new State would be slave or Free, Abolitionists started sending arms to Kansas and Missouri and taking up arms and going themselves.

That was the real start of the civil war.

The "democratic" means involved denying the vote to anyone who wasn't a white adult male.

Are those people really the one's you like?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #91 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 1:52pm:
It proclaimed the slaves in a foreign nation to be free. Even if you think the rebellious states were still part of the Union, Lincoln had no power to free them.

So have you changed your mind about your support for Lincoln's starting an undeclared war against a foreign nation or do you support U.S. invasions of foreign countries to bring about regime change and a new social order?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #92 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 8:32pm:
So have you changed your mind about your support for Lincoln's starting an undeclared war against a foreign nation or do you support U.S. invasions of foreign countries to bring about regime change and a new social order?

US invasion of foreign nations?

Come on back to the real world of the 21st. century burnsred.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #93 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
US invasion of foreign nations?

Come on back to the real world of the 21st. century burnsred.

The problem is that the South was supposed to have the right to secede - declare itself autonomous. If you follow through with respecting only the rights they were granted by the Constitution, they were a foreign nation.

Obviously slavery is wrong but that's a separate issue. It also makes it a very complicated issue because we generally accept that we shouldn't simply attack every foreign nation that does wrong.

You're the one who takes America to task for doing this, and you're right to do so.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #94 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 10:40pm:
The problem is that the South was supposed to have the right to secede - declare itself autonomous. If you follow through with respecting only the rights they were granted by the Constitution, they were a foreign nation.

Obviously slavery is wrong but that's a separate issue. It also makes it a very complicated issue because we generally accept that we shouldn't simply attack every foreign nation that does wrong.

You're the one who takes America to task for doing this, and you're right to do so.

If you examine all Don's posts, the only consistency is that he's ALWAYS for the Democrat party.  That's never the justification he gives, but his positions are 100% in their favor

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #95 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 11:02pm:
If you examine all Don's posts, the only consistency is that he's ALWAYS for the Democrat party.  That's never the justification he gives, but his positions are 100% in their favor

No, the Democrat party in the US is just as corrupt as the other one. But they definitely at least speak my political views. Acting accordingly is something totally different.

With the exception of Obama who both spoke and acted on his views. Had he not been prevented from doing the good he intended, he would have been on of the US's best presidents ever.

Already that is. In a very few years he will be recognized as perhaps the best and most socially responsible the US has ever had.

Now let's keep it straight in your head from now on pig. You've already admitted you were completely wrong and fuked up with my position on Russia.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #96 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 8:32pm:

Lincoln called it a Rebellion.

The slavers claimed to have created a new nation, concieved in slavery and dedicated to the proposition that black people were really livestock.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #97 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 7:27am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 10:40pm:

People disagree about the right of states to leave the Union, but there is no doubt that the reason slave states seceded was to preserve and extend the institution of slavery, and unless they intended to extend the CSA into Mexico, the only other place they could extend slavery into was U.S. Territory, something they were already fighting to do before they seceded.

I don't see how that has anything to do with things like "progressive" plans to annex Cuba and Costa Rica and Haiti, all of which were considered in the period just after the War to End Slavery in America. And not by Lincoln or Grant.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #98 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 7:31am
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 10:26am:
Don_G, about having magic taught in schools, I recommend that you watch TV episodes of:
1, Masters of Illusion
2, Princess Tenko
3, Penn and Teller: Fool Us.
Back on topic, I see no reason why people wanting to learn to be magicians shouldn't be able to go to a trade school that teaches magic tricks. If there is enough demand, someone wil start such a school. Maybe they already exist.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #99 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 7:17am:
Lincoln called it a Rebellion.

The slavers claimed to have created a new nation, concieved in slavery and dedicated to the proposition that black people were really livestock.

Right, I know what Lincoln called it and what the C.S. called it.

What do you call the U.S. invasion of the C.S. and do you support it?

« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2018 at 4:07pm by Little Big Man »  

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › freeing school
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy