Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › rand paul introduces bill to end civil forfeiture
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) rand paul introduces bill to end civil forfeiture (Read 512 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: rand paul introduces bill to end civil forfeiture
Reply #10 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
EasyAce wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 6:01pm:
Our new Attorney General, for one thing. I'd guess it won't take long before Sessions denounces Paul as a druggie in waiting.

Anyone who actually believes in the Constitution and due process would oppose civil forfeiture

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

ahhell
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: rand paul introduces bill to end civil forfeiture
Reply #11 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:05pm:
It's not a simple cut and dried thing. Not even genius prevents people from being fundamentally wrong about things outside their area of expertise.

Sometimes you say things that are unequivocally correct. 

Jeff is absolutely right, even smart people can be wrong and when they are, their intelligence usually just means they are better able to defend and maintain their delusions.

Painting our opponents as merely stupid will only leaves us at a disadvantage when fighting them and their bad ideas.

Edit, I agree, anyone who cares about liberty should oppose civil forfeiture.  Unfortunately, few of our representatives and fellow countrymen actually care about liberty.  Legislators care about maintaining their jobs and the people are far more concerned about phantom threats to safety than to actual threats to freedom.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › rand paul introduces bill to end civil forfeiture
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy