Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why are they laws against victimless crime?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why are they laws against victimless crime? (Read 621 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Small Government Libertarian

Re: Why are they laws against victimless crime?
Reply #40 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:08pm:
We can entertain any and all examples but it's really not necessary. Laws have been passed that will tell you whether or not something is a crime.

On gay consensual sex, I know of no crime being committed in Canada. There probably is in Muslim countries. In Muslim countries it's a crime because there are victims.

But it's an excellent discussion to have with libertarians because libertarians have different priorities than others who are in the majority. This is the 'real' topic isn't it!

Running away from the question again, noted.  You claimed there are no victimless crimes

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him - Groucho Marx

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way - Mark Twain

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:20pm:
You do seem to know a lot about Cuba without even being there.

But I also think you aren't telling the whole truth in order to make some point against Cuba and it's government.

Not at all.

I have never been to Cuba, but I do know a lot about it from reading first-hand witness accounts of raids by Cuban Police for thought crimes.  This was much more than just a "show-of-force"  These people were indicted and had to appear in court!

Here's the full story  https://beinglibertarian.com/castro-regime-arrests-cuban-libertarian-party-membe...

Don_G wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:20pm:
I think you are getting into the topic of religious intolerance. That's good because it can make this topic even more worthwhile.

Honestly, this has nothing to do with religious intolerance.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:33pm:
Not at all.

I have never been to Cuba, but I do know a lot about it from reading first-hand witness accounts of raids by Cuban Police for thought crimes.  This was much more than just a "show-of-force"  These people were indicted and had to appear in court!

Here's the full story  https://beinglibertarian.com/castro-regime-arrests-cuban-libertarian-party-membe...

Excuse me for not reading the full story but let's take this to the other thread where I've begun to make my point.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:21pm:
Running away from the question again, noted.  You claimed there are no victimless crimes

Maybe we can get back to this narrow topic later. I have something much more interesting going on with the Chief. If you use your libertarian imagination you might be able to discern how it's all really the same thing.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:02pm:
That's an interesting example to explore further.
Just tell me whether it was you who grew the pot and sold it to me or me who bought your good pot at a fair price who is the victim of the crimes we are both guilty of.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:21pm:
Just tell me whether it was you who grew the pot and sold it to me or me who bought your good pot at a fair price who is the victim of the crimes we are both guilty of.

Dealing in narcotics is a crime and thus there are victims. If there were no victim (s) there would be no crime. I don't make the laws and neither do you. If you don't want to obey the law then find a country where there is no law enforced against drug dealers.

Fwiw, I sympathize with you if you are opposed to punishing marijuana users.

But that's not really what this is about. It's about your libertarianism and how it misleads you into getting behind the wrong causes.

That's the issue I'll talk to you about. If not then go fu-k yourself, you're a waste of my time.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
deleted

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why are they laws against victimless crime?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy