Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Taxation Theft?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Taxation Theft? (Read 5937 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Is Taxation Theft?
Reply #270 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 8:38am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 11:38pm:
I think it's tragic. If everyone just reported everything, the understood leeway and tattletale stigma would cease to exist and the actual rules would be forced to revert to reasonability.

It is everyone else's resistance to sink to the tattletale's level that gives the tattletale an unfair advantage.

Yes, everyone is breaking the rules. These unreasonable rules could not exist without the understanding that leeway is necessary. In other words, look to the egg for the source of the problem, not the chicken.

Why would I want to sink to the tattletale's level to defeat them?  It's like becoming a hobo to defeat hobos.  I want to mock him for what he is.  I have no interest at all either in being like him or being what he is.

It's pretty obvious for anyone who reads my posts that I don't insult anyone who don't insult me.  Donnie gets it all the time because he constantly insults me and everyone else.  It's not complicated.  Well, except for an idiot like Don The Democrat.  Or I should say Don, Servant of the Democrats

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #271 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 8:38am:
Why would I want to sink to the tattletale's level to defeat them?  It's like becoming a hobo to defeat hobos.  I want to mock him for what he is.  I have no interest at all either in being like him or being what he is.

It's pretty obvious for anyone who reads my posts that I don't insult anyone who don't insult me.  Donnie gets it all the time because he constantly insults me and everyone else.  It's not complicated.  Well, except for an idiot like Don The Democrat.  Or I should say Don, Servant of the Democrats

Mocking does not work to deter when the thing being mocked is an extreme advantage.

Look, a lot of morality is created and maintained in order to be parasitical on those who adopt it and benefit those who do not. This is one such example.

If everyone became a tattletale, the rules would be forced to revert to reasonability, the status quo would no longer be that everyone is breaking some "little" rule, and the tattletale would disappear because he'd have nothing to tell on, except things that ought to be infractions in which case we should all be glad there are people who jump at the chance to tell.

You think you're being better but in actuality you're just helping the behaviour you oppose. If you want a system wherein the tattletale behaviour is not an extreme advantage, which you ought to want if you really oppose it, then you want that horse to be rode hard until she drops dead, because that's the only way to kill her.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #272 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:10pm:
Mocking does not work to deter when the thing being mocked is an extreme advantage.

Look, a lot of morality is created and maintained in order to be parasitical on those who adopt it and benefit those who do not. This is one such example.

If everyone became a tattletale, the rules would be forced to revert to reasonability, the status quo would no longer be that everyone is breaking some "little" rule, and the tattletale would disappear because he'd have nothing to tell on, except things that ought to be infractions in which case we should all be glad there are people who jump at the chance to tell.

You think you're being better but in actuality you're just helping the behaviour you oppose. If you want a system wherein the tattletale behaviour is not an extreme advantage, which you ought to want if you really oppose it, then you want that horse to be rode hard until she drops dead, because that's the only way to kill her.

The message I get out of that is that you want to ride a horse. Was that your point?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #273 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:14pm:
The message I get out of that is that you want to ride a horse. Was that your point?

I'm trying to show that refusing to tell on those breaking rules is bad no matter what your opinion is, even if you think the rules are petty.

The staunch no-snitching is what maintains and supports a system of petty rules.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #274 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:25pm:
I'm trying to show that refusing to tell on those breaking rules is bad no matter what your opinion is, even if you think the rules are petty.

OH?

Quote:
The staunch no-snitching is what maintains and supports a system of petty rules.

No, that doesn't make sense. But you can try to explain how that would be true.  Make it good because I'm not going to entertain you much longer.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #275 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:43pm:
No, that doesn't make sense. But you can try to explain how that would be true.  Make it good because I'm not going to entertain you much longer.

When 90% of people have an understanding that "little" infractions should be let slide, it allows the rules to grow unreasonably strict because those that make the rules don't understand that most people are guilty.

We can have a rule against illegal downloading precisely because everyone does it and hardly anyone is punished. If everyone who did it was charged, the system couldn't sustain it and they would have to find some other way. They can't punish everyone.

This status quo of a rule existing but never being enforced gives snitchers unreasonable power. Everyone is guilty; just threaten to expose people and get what you want.

So if you don't like tattletales, tattle on everyone, for everything, as hard as you can.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #276 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:59pm:
When 90% of people have an understanding that "little" infractions should be let slide, it allows the rules to grow unreasonably strict because those that make the rules don't understand that most people are guilty.

We can have a rule against illegal downloading precisely because everyone does it and hardly anyone is punished. If everyone who did it was charged, the system couldn't sustain it and they would have to find some other way. They can't punish everyone.

This status quo of a rule existing but never being enforced gives snitchers unreasonable power. Everyone is guilty; just threaten to expose people and get what you want.

So if you don't like tattletales, tattle on everyone, for everything, as hard as you can.

The connection you're trying to make between sniches and breaking little rules doesn't make any sense. Forget it, at least with me. I've got better things to do than listen to your phony attempts at trying to be clever.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #277 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
The connection you're trying to make between sniches and breaking little rules doesn't make any sense. Forget it, at least with me. I've got better things to do than listen to your phony attempts at trying to be clever.
I think the lizard is often clever, but since it isn't smart enough to carry it off for any length of time, it ends up sounding ignorant and ill-educated.... Dare I say it- Ideological to the exclusion of reason. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

To the point, rules for little snitches is about as far as the lizard got in his thinking on theories of law. It is certainly what he likes best, but he wants to be the evil enforcer who's in control of the little snitches.Shocked

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #278 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:59pm:

No, that still doesn't make sense.

Quote:

Yeah o.k.

Quote:

No, not enforcing rules doesn't give snitchers power. Exposing those who break little rules will be ignored because it's being ignored.

Quote:

Leave home and get a job before you know everything.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #279 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 7:13pm:
No, not enforcing rules doesn't give snitchers power. Exposing those who break little rules will be ignored because it's being ignored.

I'm not talking about those who make the rules delibertaely ignoring their own spew holes. I'm specifically talking about the system that often results when there's this gentleman's understanding among those who are supposed to be following said rules that you don't snitch. Those who make and enforce the rules get out of touch with what's actually going on.

For example, some people do get punished for illegal downloading. Is that right, do you think? Or should it be more fair; enforced across the board or not at all?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Taxation Theft?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy