Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Taxation Theft?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Taxation Theft? (Read 3435 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is Taxation Theft?
Reply #280 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 7:11am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:25pm:
I'm trying to show that refusing to tell on those breaking rules is bad no matter what your opinion is, even if you think the rules are petty, and as you know, no one makes rules more petty than the barbarians do.

The staunch no-snitching is what maintains and supports a system of petty rules.
I agree. If it forbidden to talk about what the barbarians are doing, they can keep getting away with it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #281 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 7:15am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 10:58pm:
For example, some people do get punished for illegal downloading. Is that right, do you think? Or should it be more fair; enforced across the board or not at all?
Some people get punished for "insider trading" while others get rich from it (like Hillary). Some people get punished for being careless with national secrets, while others get away with it (like Hillary).

The broad issue you are addressing is called "government corruption".

Government corruption is at the root of taxation outside the Constitutional limits on the granted taxing powers.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #282 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 11:52am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 10:58pm:
For example, some people do get punished for illegal downloading. Is that right, do you think? Or should it be more fair; enforced across the board or not at all?

What I think about that has nothing to do with snitching. You still haven't made the necessary connection.

As to the question, you're implying it's not fair and I don't just automatically accept that. You would have to show that it's not fair for another reason other than it being the seriousness of the crime, not preferential treatment for some people and not for others.

Now do your homework if you want to continue to have my attention.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #283 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
I have made the connection, you just didn't see it. And if you're saying inequity in enforcement might not be unfair, you're the one who's not worth my time.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #284 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 3:45pm:
I have made the connection, you just didn't see it.

I think I saw it! Barbarians will kill you if you snitch? Or at least beat you up and steal your phone and lunch money?

And they are proud about doing it?

So they have a "code of honor" among themselves that says good barbarians stick together?

Is that basically correct?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #285 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 5:42pm:
I think I saw it! Barbarians will kill you if you snitch? Or at least beat you up and steal your phone and lunch money?

And they are proud about doing it?

So they have a "code of honor" among themselves that says good barbarians stick together?

Is that basically correct?

Close, but not exactly. If you hate a little rule, the way to get it gone is to report everyone violating it, not just let everyone slide because you have a code of honour. Rather than enforce against everyone - they can't - those who make the rules will be forced to adjust them, so that now, when one tattletale comes along, he doesn't get an unreasonable advantage.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #286 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:22pm:
Close, but not exactly. If you hate a little rule, the way to get it gone is to report everyone violating it...

Not in the real world dumbshit. In the real world, reporting elites who are violating the rules is a good way to get on the elites shitlist and have them make your life hard.

If you report other peasants for violating "little" rules, maybe the elites will reward you by letting you torture the peasants who break the "little" rules. Cry Shocked Maybe you will be gifted with some of the peasants property... Sad

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #287 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 3:45pm:
I have made the connection, you just didn't see it. And if you're saying inequity in enforcement might not be unfair, you're the one who's not worth my time.

Inequity in enforcement is not fair.

You can't make the connection because you're not smart enough to make something up that you can get past me.

And now you want to go on about enforcement, as if you think I disagree with you on that. How can that have anything to do with snitching on somebody?

I can think of the exact opposite but I'll save it for a while in order to cause you to start thinking.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #288 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:48pm:
You can't make the connection because you're not smart enough to make something up that you can get past me.

You are way out of your depth here Donat... the lizard is a government certified super genius. Smiley

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #289 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:39pm:
Not in the real world dumbshit. In the real world, reporting elites who are violating the rules is a good way to get on the elites shitlist and have them make your life hard.

If you report other peasants for violating "little" rules, maybe the elites will reward you by letting you torture the peasants who break the "little" rules. Cry Shocked Maybe you will be gifted with some of the peasants property... Sad

That or they'll realise they can't enforce on everybody. The jails would not hold everyone who illegally downloads! Forget about the elites. You've called Bob a paranoid idiot like twenty times just for using the term.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Taxation Theft?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy