Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Does the IRS turn us into slave-like citizens?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Does the IRS turn us into slave-like citizens? (Read 509 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Does the IRS turn us into slave-like citizens?
Reply #20 - May 11th, 2017 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 9:44am:
I agree 100%.

So what is the remedy?  I like Ron Paul's solution:

Abolish the IRS. 

Ron Paul and his buddy Daniel McAdam have a lot going for them. Especially recently as they are breaking free of false patriotism and domestic party preferences and telling it like it is. You may be interested in knowing that I've helped move them in that direction.

Tell you more?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - May 11th, 2017 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 1:32pm:
Ron Paul and his buddy Daniel McAdam have a lot going for them. Especially recently as they are breaking free of false patriotism and domestic party preferences and telling it like it is. You may be interested in knowing that I've helped move them in that direction.

Tell you more?

No thanks.  I'm sure I wouldn't believe you.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - May 11th, 2017 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 1:47pm:
No thanks.  I'm sure I wouldn't believe you.

If you're a libertarian, where do you find Ron's and Daniel's vids? And don't google it because I'll know.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - May 11th, 2017 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 1:32pm:

Tell you more?

You've threatened their families? How is it that you have the power to do that?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - May 11th, 2017 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 2:10pm:
If you're a libertarian, where do you find Ron's and Daniel's vids? And don't google it because I'll know.

Why waste our time asking for information that's easily available and you claim to already know?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - May 12th, 2017 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Our government has shown us that it cannot be trusted to spend tax monies prudently.  Most of the revenues from income taxes go towards Military and Entitlements. This is why both of these money-pits have become to be the behemoths that they are. The US has over 700 Military Bases scattered across the globe!  More than 50% of Americans receive some form of assistance from entitlements!  It's completely out control.

It's no easy task to repeal a Constitutional Amendment.  It takes a lot of courage and fortitude to admit that (a) part of our Constitution is flawed, but we should swallow our pride and do it when the need arises.

We did it with the 18th Amendment.  It was a stupid Law and many lives were ruined (and even lost!) because of it. It had to be repealed.

I say it's the same situation with the 16th Amendment. It's a bad Law that allows government to claim rights to our wealth. It needs to be repealed immediately.

I've already contacted my Congress Critter - Maxine Waters - and expressed my desire to repeal 16A. She wrote back and thanked me for my concerns about ending income tax.  And she offered to send me her periodic newsletter. WTF??

I think Waters' reply was probably a "form" letter, and I'm guessing Ms. Waters never actually read my letter.  It was probably intercepted by one of her minions.  Smiley

I don't know what else to do. I know there are hundreds of millions of Americans who would like to see income taxes abolished. Why won't Washington listen to us?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - May 12th, 2017 at 9:21am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 12th, 2017 at 7:43am:
I say it's the same situation with the 16th Amendment. It's a bad Law that allows government to claim rights to our wealth. It needs to be repealed immediately.

The 16th Amendment, as I'm sure I mentioned, has become superfluous. The essentially wrong Supreme Court decision in Pollock v. Farmer's Loan & Trust Co. has been overturned in all it's particulars by subsequent Supreme Court decisions.

No court in the U.S. since Pollock has ever held (nor will they ever) that a tax on  income derived from the use of property (profit) is somehow Direct, because it's not. Taxes on profits have, since the beginning, always been held to be Indirect, with the glaring exception of the loony Pollock decision.

The correct questions are, why will the Supreme Court not hear arguments that taxes laid on wages and salaries are Direct and must be apportioned? And why are cases brought to the lower Courts making such claims not published?

The answer of course is that 'progressives' want to re-distribute wealth, and the majority of the wealth created comes in the form of wages and salaries.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - May 12th, 2017 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Sorry, I quoted when I wanted to modify.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - May 12th, 2017 at 11:56am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 12th, 2017 at 7:43am:
Our government has shown us that it cannot be trusted to spend tax monies prudently.  Most of the revenues from income taxes go towards Military and Entitlements. This is why both of these money-pits have become to be the behemoths that they are. The US has over 700 Military Bases scattered across the globe!  More than 50% of Americans receive some form of assistance from entitlements!  It's completely out control.

I can't ease your obvious pain but I have some ideas. I'm going to suggest that there is a net benefit to US bases throughout the world and formidable military strength. This is a diversion away from the MIC concept as it's reason. Your country is very wealthy and is on the march to empire to make it more wealthy and eventually untouchable. The problem is, the wealth doesn't come home to the people. Hence, the top heavy statistics of the 1% or 2%.

There is it in a few words. Can it be accomplished? I believe that the window of opportunity opened with the fall of the Soviet Union and history shows the US took full advantage of that situation. Now the window has been slammed shut by Russia and China. All the pieces fit in the puzzle and there are no flaws in the analysis. Now is the time for debate and discussion.

Quote:
It's no easy task to repeal a Constitutional Amendment.  It takes a lot of courage and fortitude to admit that (a) part of our Constitution is flawed, but we should swallow our pride and do it when the need arises.

I would suggest that it's not worth the effort of trying to appeal parts of your constitution. The problems are in the interpretations and those wrongs are basically accepted by the people. That needs to stop.

Quote:
I don't know what else to do. I know there are hundreds of millions of Americans who would like to see income taxes abolished. Why won't Washington listen to us?

Appealing to the system with letters isn't the thing to do. The voters tried to do the right thing and so the idea has been planted. The Dems hijacked Bernie's effort for Clinton, but regardless, Bernie was only a hint of the right direction. And Trump pretended to be the same answer that Bernie hinted at and hijacked the whole effort. It's almost as if there was a script for them to follow.

Now what?

A movement of the left to bring your country a candidate who will promote socially responsible capitalism. It's going to call for a big change in the American attitude. We can talk about it here on this board. If only to begin with, the experience of how some will attempt to hijack it and betray their motives by their methods of doing so.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - May 12th, 2017 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 12th, 2017 at 9:21am:
The 16th Amendment, as I'm sure I mentioned, has become superfluous. The essentially wrong Supreme Court decision in Pollock v. Farmer's Loan & Trust Co. has been overturned in all it's particulars by subsequent Supreme Court decisions.

The answer of course is that 'progressives' want to re-distribute wealth, and the majority of the wealth created comes in the form of wages and salaries.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Its a stupid Law. It grants a power to Congress that it neither needs nor deserves.

Let's repeal it and be done with it.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Does the IRS turn us into slave-like citizens?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy