Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Does the IRS turn us into slave-like citizens?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Does the IRS turn us into slave-like citizens? (Read 846 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Does the IRS turn us into slave-like citizens?
Reply #30 - May 12th, 2017 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 12th, 2017 at 2:02pm:
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Its a stupid Law. It grants a power to Congress that it neither needs nor deserves.

Let's repeal it and be done with it.  Smiley

That's a brilliant idea Sky, so let me suggest a method for how it can be done!

Keeping it is obviously in the best interests of congress so all it's going to take is electing all new ones and unelecting all the present ones.

You see Sky, it's again back to the rotten system and how to change it. We should talk about it sometime!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - May 12th, 2017 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 12th, 2017 at 11:56am:
I would suggest that it's not worth the effort of trying to appeal parts of your constitution. The problems are in the interpretations and those wrongs are basically accepted by the people. That needs to stop.

If the Amendment was repealed, there would be no need for interpretations. 

A movement of the left to bring your country a candidate who will promote socially responsible capitalism. It's going to call for a big change in the American attitude.
"In moving toward socially responsible capitalism, nine characteristics of bad capitalism need to be recognized and eliminated:"

1) free market ideology
2) fear mongering over national debt
3) privatization
4) economic disparities and poverty
5) shut-out capitalists
6) financial speculation
7) exploitative globalization
8) unsustainable development
9) elitist pay without performance.

https://www.opednews.com/articles/America-needs-a-socially-r-by-Gary-Brumback-11...

2 through 9 seem fairly logical.  It's number 1 that Libertarians would really hate to see eliminated.

And #4 cannot ever be eliminated. There have been socio-economic scholars from all corners of the world that have proposed methods to achieve this goal.  And they have all failed.

In any society, there will be the Haves and the Have Nots. There will always be some degree of economic disparity.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - May 12th, 2017 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 12th, 2017 at 2:42pm:
If the Amendment was repealed, there would be no need for interpretations. 

"In moving toward socially responsible capitalism, nine characteristics of bad capitalism need to be recognized and eliminated:"

1) free market ideology
2) fear mongering over national debt
3) privatization
4) economic disparities and poverty
5) shut-out capitalists
6) financial speculation
7) exploitative globalization
8) unsustainable development
9) elitist pay without performance.

https://www.opednews.com/articles/America-needs-a-socially-r-by-Gary-Brumback-11...

2 through 9 seem fairly logical.  It's number 1 that Libertarians would really hate to see eliminated.

And #4 cannot ever be eliminated. There have been socio-economic scholars from all corners of the world that have proposed methods to achieve this goal.  And they have all failed.

In any society, there will be the Haves and the Have Nots. There will always be some degree of economic disparity.

Good stuff! I'll have a detailed look at it when I get time. #1 doesn't really say very much. Seems to me there are a lot of elements that go into making free market ideology that could be amended or even discarded. I wouldn't subscribe to forcing them to take the air out of the crisp bags but I've mentioned to numbnuts jeff that there are many other laws and restrictions on private companies that keep them honest. Maybe just add a few more?

How about mandating that affordable health care be provided to all the people?
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2017 at 8:00pm by Don_G »  

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - May 12th, 2017 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
I can't ease your obvious pain but I have some ideas. I'm going to suggest that there is a net benefit to US bases throughout the world and formidable military strength.
Quit talking to yourself off in the weeds and tell us how we will benefit.

As you might guess, I've been hearing that same shit since the Vietnam 'War'.

I keep paying for the "benefits" but all I hear about what they are is that things would be even worse if we didn't waste your money all over the world bombing and droning people and overthrowing governments here and there.

Finally, someone who can explain the "net benefits"- You. ( Roll Eyes)

So, what are they?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - May 12th, 2017 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 12th, 2017 at 3:30pm:
Seems to me there are a lot of actors that go into making free market ideology that could be amended or even discarded...

Have you ever considered just keeping quiet?

This process of "amending or discarding actors", how does it work? Who picks the actors that are to be discarded? Shocked

There isn't really any "free market ideology". Free markets are just one part of a free society of free people...

You don't like that idea do you? So you label it an "ideology"... Shame on you for being either dishonest or ignorant, or both.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #35 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 6:37am:
Property tax is not rent

Try not paying your property tax and see what happens to your property ...

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Does the IRS turn us into slave-like citizens?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy