Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is this sort of thing legal?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is this sort of thing legal? (Read 796 times)
kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is this sort of thing legal?
Reply #10 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:30am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 10:18am:
I'm curious - is there an American Embassy in Esperanto?

To my knowledge, Esperanto is not used in any official capacity. In fact, there was an April fool's joke in Europe about it become the official EU language.

It's a fun language to learn, but you have to choose who speak it with very carefully. A lot of the speakers treat it like a religion. 

The Chinese Use it heavily. Perhaps that is an official capacity. This entire website is in Esperanto from China.

http://esperanto.china.org.cn/

IP Logged

The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - May 20th, 2017 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 7:10am:

Yes. It's not aggression. Libertarianism is actually very simple.

The real question here is whether the government should have regulations in place disqualifying candidates depending on where from and how much money they get due to potential conflicts of interest. And the real answer is that 1) it's a non-issue since the State is an aggressive entity by definition and any such rules would not make it less so, and 2) such rules would be unenforceable at best and tools for those in power to further disqualify outsiders at worst.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - May 20th, 2017 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:58pm:
Yes. It's not aggression. Libertarianism is actually very simple.

The real question here is whether the government should have regulations in place disqualifying candidates depending on where from and how much money they get due to potential conflicts of interest. And the real answer is that 1) it's a non-issue since the State is an aggressive entity by definition and any such rules would not make it less so, and 2) such rules would be unenforceable at best and tools for those in power to further disqualify outsiders at worst.

Then Libertarianism is basically like the Republicans or Democrats, serving only the richest alpha members of society with more freedom, while increasingly disenfranchising voters who are actually from the nations in question, in order to hijack people who have been living in some land for generations of their right to vote, and to use the said power of that nation for their personal, possibly alien intentions. I hardly need to vote myself, I can't afford to buy enough attorneys. Just say so long to any shred of Democracy. 

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - May 20th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Real Americans should move to Canada where they can vote for themselves instead of kowtowing to rich foreigners and fatcats who strip them of their right to vote. Of course, a real multi-generational American would eventually see moving to Canada for Democracy as an option.

Kill Americans and internationalize them. Strip them of their citizenship, sell them to rich foreigners. thanks a whole bunch!

Every human must be stripped of their lives and internationalized to the highest bidder, is that right?

Dont be content living where you live in your town, state,  or country. All humans, unlike cats and dogs, have to be stripped of themselves and turned into the international servants of an international elite! You are no loner in your city, but in the international world.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:27am:
Only in your strawman argument.
You think its not true that Soros is giving millions to sway the election of District Attorneys? But if he is actually doing that (which he is) you approve?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - May 20th, 2017 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:52pm:
Then Libertarianism is basically like the Republicans or Democrats, serving only the richest alpha members of society with more freedom, while increasingly disenfranchising voters who are actually from the nations in question, in order to hijack people who have been living in some land for generations of their right to vote, and to use the said power of that nation for their personal, possibly alien intentions. I hardly need to vote myself, I can't afford to buy enough attorneys. Just say so long to any shred of Democracy. 

I agree. Libertarianism is a loss in practical freedom for the vast majority of people.

The thing is, they only enjoy said freedom because they benefit from aggressive force. The recipient of minimum wage, the welfare parasite, and the beneficiary of enforced nondiscrimination all enjoy practical freedom at the expense of ideal freedom, because they impose force on the employer, the taxpayer, and the business. Libertarianism dictates that these should be allowed to do as they like with their own things. This does, of course, only benefit people who have their own things. For everyone else, it is a loss. No one is denying that and no one is claiming that pure libertarianism would result in a net practical gain for the average person.

kunstler wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:55pm:
Kill Americans and internationalize them. Strip them of their citizenship, sell them to rich foreigners.

This will be the practical result, yes.

However, one must prefer the ideal to the practical. For example, one can always gain in the practical and the immediate by stripping healthy people of their organs and distributing them to dying people. Each healthy person can save more than one. The problem is not in the result, but in the procedural. One has taken an action that violates proper moral procedure in the ideal because one has committed murder. The result is not as important.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - May 20th, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:00pm:
You think its not true that Soros is giving millions to sway the election of District Attorneys? But if he is actually doing that (which he is) you approve?

George "Will Soar" Soros can give out as much money as he wants, just like Republicans do, but I the little American living elsewhere in "Usono" will feel more and more sorry for myself as my little self is made responsible for very big money political and military actions done on an international scale by people who dont care if I live or die.

George Soros povas doni tiel monon, kiel li volas, kiel Respublikanoj, sed mi, la malgranda Usonano loĝante aliloke ol la Nordoriento, pli kaj pli memkompatos, dum kiam mia malgranda memo fariĝas respondeca por la grandegaj politikaj kaj militistaj agadoj, farite en mia nomo internacie de homoj, kiuj ne zorgus, se mi vivus aŭ mortus.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - May 21st, 2017 at 6:49am
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
George "Will Soar" Soros can give out as much money as he wants, just like Republicans do...

Let's have transparency about where donations come from.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - May 21st, 2017 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 6:49am:
Let's have transparency about where donations come from.

Superman's girlfriend wrote an interesting article about Hilary Clinton buying superdelegates. I've already accepted that the Democrats and Republicans fight tooth and nail against any nontraditional party or candidate and usually resort to money in their attempt to win. They run off the stale tradition of north versus south politics. It's one reason I even think of seceding. Since the conflict is about north versus south, it's just as well to end the conflict through breaking up the USA.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/04/01/how-hillary-clinton-bought-the-loyalty-of...

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - May 21st, 2017 at 10:54am
Print Post  
These days I think the Democrats actually feed the animosity of Republicans. I've seen Republicans who I knew not to be racist actually turning racist while talking to Democrats under the duress of nearly continuous slander about racism, as if someone being questioned by police eventually admitting to crimes they didnt commit. These days after the civil rights movement, it sometimes seems clear that Democrats need racism as party of their party platform.

If there were no racists, on what angle would Democrats run an election?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is this sort of thing legal?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy