Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › North Korea Close to Ensuring it's Freedom
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) North Korea Close to Ensuring it's Freedom (Read 319 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

North Korea Close to Ensuring it's Freedom
May 24th, 2017 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/usa/389495-north-korea-missile-cyber-threats/

And there's not a damn thing the US can do about it because China is looking after North Korea's interests.

And why would the US even care? North Korea obviously will never be a threat to the US militarily.

The only threat to the US is in taking away it's ability to attack North Korea because of their MAD deterrent.
(mutually assured destruction)

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: North Korea Close to Ensuring it's Freedom
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2017 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 1:40pm:
And there's not a damn thing the US can do about it because China is looking after North Korea's interests.

China wants to ensure that North Korea becomes a modern liberal nation where individual Liberty is guaranteed by the government? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Corpax1

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2017 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 4:42pm:
China wants to ensure that North Korea becomes a modern liberal nation where individual Liberty is guaranteed by the government? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

China is actually becoming increasingly distant to NK. They're becoming more and more tired of their insane antics.

The real threat is to South Korea and maybe Japan. Initial shelling and missile attacks would be very devastating, but SK and Japan could easily crumble NK on their own, let alone if the U.S. stepped in.

EDIT: Not that I think the U.S. should step in.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - May 25th, 2017 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Corpax1 wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 8:54pm:
China is actually becoming increasingly distant to NK. They're becoming more and more tired of their insane antics.

No, China isn't becoming more distant to N.Korea. That is only the perception that China wants to further. And it's the perception that China wants to pass off on the US. It's most likely the US is totally aware of that but there's nothing can be done to change it.

Not to suggest that the US feels threatened in any way by N.Korea, because that's ridiculous. Because the US wants to install a missile base in S.Korea with which to threaten China. That is against China's best interests.

Quote:
The real threat is to South Korea and maybe Japan. Initial shelling and missile attacks would be very devastating, but SK and Japan could easily crumble NK on their own, let alone if the U.S. stepped in.

That is the real threat but not in the way you imagine it. N.Korea is not going to attack preemptively. The threat is in S.Korea attacking or the US attacking on behalf of S.Korea. That is impossible because of the N.Korea counter-attack.

Quote:
EDIT: Not that I think the U.S. should step in.

The US is not going to give up on it's attempts to install the offensive missile base in S.Korea. Therein lies the reason for everything that is happening now with N.Korea. The status quo will hold for many more years, unless China can successfully find a way to reunite the Koreas on China's terms.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - May 25th, 2017 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 12:24pm:
Not to suggest that the US feels threatened in any way by N.Korea, because that's ridiculous.

I thought there were concerns about the North Korean crazies launching a nuclear armed ICBM onto somewhere  in Kalifornia? That might not affect me personally, but I will feel bad for all the people who are incinerated and poisened by hard radiation... Cry

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - May 25th, 2017 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 5:52pm:
I thought there were concerns about the North Korean crazies launching a nuclear armed ICBM onto somewhere  in Kalifornia? That might not affect me personally, but I will feel bad for all the people who are incinerated and poisened by hard radiation... Cry

They would be intercepted before they could get within 12 miles of the California coast. We have many anti-ballistic missle batteries along the west coast that would shoot any incoming N.K. missile down.  N.K. has no  anti-ballistic missile capabilities whatsoever.  If they were to send over a single nuclear warhead, the US would turn North Korea into glass within 30 minutes.  Kim Jong-un may be crazy, but he's not stupid.

I wasn't supposed to to leak that, so let's keep it under our hats, ok, boys?

Thanks!   Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - May 25th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 6:02pm:
They would be intercepted before they could get within 12 miles of the California coast.
You trust that our Congress and their friends in the MIC have actually given us effective ICBM defense? Isn't that in fact "illegal" according to international treaties our Presidents have agreed to?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - May 25th, 2017 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
N.K. has no  anti-ballistic missile capabilities whatsoever.  If they were to send over a single nuclear warhead, the US would turn North Korea into glass within 30 minutes.  Kim Jong-un may be crazy, but he's not stupid.

Are you sure? Crazy and stupid often go hand in hand...

Which Kalifornia city do you hope gets incinerated?

I'm hoping for Sacramento when all the government types are there... Smiley

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - May 25th, 2017 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
You trust that our Congress and their friends in the MIC have actually given us effective ICBM defense?
I do. I have seen some of them. I have seen the contrails from test ABM missiles in the twilight sky.

Jeff wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
Isn't that in fact "illegal" according to international treaties our Presidents have agreed to?
Not really.  ICBMs [3400-mile range] are offensive weapons. ABMs are strictly defensive.  There are no treaties limiting defensive ABMs.  These ABM missiles are typically conventional warheads.

Are you referring to the 1972 SALT treaties? I don't think they are still in effect.  I could be wrong, though. Anyways, the US doesn't have any Nuclear Proliferation agreements with N.K., so no matter how the US counters a N.K. Nuclear Attack,  its still "legal".

Any attack on the US by North Korea would bring a swift end to the North Korean People. Time-To-Surrender would be measured in hours. It would be remembered as "the 1-Day War".

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - May 25th, 2017 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
They would be intercepted before they could get within 12 miles of the California coast. We have many anti-ballistic missle batteries along the west coast that would shoot any incoming N.K. missile down.  N.K. has no  anti-ballistic missile capabilities whatsoever.  If they were to send over a single nuclear warhead, the US would turn North Korea into glass within 30 minutes.  Kim Jong-un may be crazy, but he's not stupid.

I wasn't supposed to to leak that, so let's keep it under our hats, ok, boys?

Thanks!   Smiley

You're showing an acceptance of learning and you've learned quite a bit already! You've basically got it right, except that you don't have it right on your country defending against ballistic missile attacks.

Currently N.Korea doesn't have the ability to hit your country and isn't in the process of trying to reach that capability. China does have the capability and that's all that matters for N.Korea because N.K. is China's proxy state.

The future is not in more small nations becoming nuclear armed. It's in small nations being protected as proxy states by their big brothers. In fact, US nuclear proliferation has already spread to several European countries. The future will see Russia and China doing the same.

Oh, and Kim Jong-Un is not crazy, nor is any other country's leaders that the US has tried to make out as crazy.
There, you've learned something today.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › North Korea Close to Ensuring it's Freedom
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy