Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Unregistering to Vote
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Unregistering to Vote (Read 594 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Unregistering to Vote
Reply #10 - May 24th, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
Better to vote for a Real Yankee with his Yacht than to vote for a Fake Texan with his oil ranch.

Is that so profound that it flies beneath everyone?

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - May 24th, 2017 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 7:05pm:
Is that so profound that it flies beneath everyone?

Flying beneath is sometimes more real than flying above like Trump in a giant Yankee airplane.

Frankly, I would vote immediately for Ramsey Clark, a Texan so Texanish that his face literally says Texas. You can literally look at his face and think Texas. This guy has a much more objective viewpoint on trade deals than Trump. He personally visits Mexico to understand the effects of NAFTA. I would vote for him instantly and feel like he was better than JFK and any other stripe of bastard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramsey_Clark

I would rather have Lyle Lovett for president than Bush.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - May 24th, 2017 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 4:27pm:
Unregistered to vote period. I am not currently able to vote, if there was an election, because I filled out the "unregister form".  It's a shorter form that removed you entirely.

I might do this as well. If I accept a vote, it means I am passively legitimising the government.

And no one on this forum except Dissident thinks I should be allowed to vote anyway. I don't vote for the right things.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - May 25th, 2017 at 7:41am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 9:39pm:
I might do this as well. If I accept a vote, it means I am passively legitimising the government.

And no one on this forum except Dissident thinks I should be allowed to vote anyway. I don't vote for the right things.
I think you should be afforded every privilege of citizenship there is, as long as you are not a convicted violent felon.

But anyway, if you don't vote against the TwoParties, you are giving them your tacit approval.

Where I live, you can register to vote right at the polls on the same day of the election, or change your party affiliation if you want to. You can vote as a Democrat in the Democratic primaries, then switch to Libertarian (when/where it's 'legal' to be a Libertarian anyway) or Republican or Independent for the main election... not that I understand the reason for that...

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - May 25th, 2017 at 2:53pm
Print Post  

I think a lot of this anarchist thinking either from European anarchists or right wing libertarians in the USA will end up destroying the USA.  When I think back over the years to people who made me angry, no one group sticks out, but they all had a vague anarchist lean.  Who knows, maybe they are why the USA is so messed up now, passing through Gramm Leach Bliely Acts, disenfranchising real American voters, importing slaves that can't vote for competition to replace real Americans. Pushing through their insidious trade deals since the 1970s that take away national sovereignty. pushing us into wars with closed off nations. Hell, I'm no communist, but anyone can see that anarchists will not like socially isolated nations. All the time we have to fight to control commerce abroad, oil, to keep markets open for American lunatics, the maddening extroverted desire for outgoing socialization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkTjsBrNk70

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - May 25th, 2017 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 2:53pm:
I think a lot of this anarchist thinking either from European anarchists or right wing libertarians in the USA ...
What do you mean by "right wing libertarians" and what makes you imagine they are anarchists?

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - May 25th, 2017 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 6:03pm:
What do you mean by "right wing libertarians" and what makes you imagine they are anarchists?

Because they say the same crap in Europe about opening borders and one-world government. You can barely tell the difference between communists, anarchists, libertarians, or just Latin Americans who want to make some quick money before returning to retire in Oaxaca.  The only good part about opening the borders and removing taxes might be, that you find most of the Latin Americans would quit coming to the USA, because there would be no profit in it for them, and at the end of the day they don't really want to be Americans. they just use our society to bankroll their return to Mexico.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw01R4cQAck

IP Logged

Dissident Right

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - May 25th, 2017 at 10:24pm
Print Post  

Voting isn't about expressing some idiotic fantasy of "liberty". It's about the stability and continuity of the nation-state.

Jeff carpools with murderers.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - May 25th, 2017 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Dissident Right wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 10:24pm:
Voting isn't about expressing some idiotic fantasy of "liberty". It's about the stability and continuity of the nation-state.

It advantages you to think so. This is because the less aggressive type must be protected artificially from the more aggressive type to survive. And not individualistically - wholesale. If one more aggressive can kill twenty less aggressive, it doesn't matter that he's punished because his type will still win.

I'm not allowed to do what every other human being on the planet does and just vote for what will advantage myself. I must actually vote for what's right, regardless of practicality and regardless of the fact that everyone else is allowed to play the selfish game.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

Dissident Right

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - May 25th, 2017 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 8:47pm:
The only good part about opening the borders and removing taxes might be, that you find most of the Latin Americans would quit coming to the USA, because there would be no profit in it for them, and at the end of the day

Nonsense. Why do you think all the European immigrants came to America? Or the Chinese? Why do you think blacks are always fleeing from the urban blight they create for American neighborhoods?

High-trust communities, free markets, and limited Constitutional government are their own reward. No welfare needed.

Quote:
they don't really want to be Americans. they just use our society to bankroll their return to Mexico.

Xenos aren't Americans. Wanting to be American doesn't make you one. At any rate, what xenos want is a slice of our civilization. They will never go back without...incentives.

Jeff carpools with murderers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Unregistering to Vote
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy