Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Unregistering to Vote
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Unregistering to Vote (Read 621 times)
kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Unregistering to Vote
Reply #30 - May 27th, 2017 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 4:47pm:
Are the Chinese Communists allowing people to have children by choice now, or do you still need permission to have more than one?

You can have as many children as you want. Just don't confuse your fertility with a right to immigrate to the United States.  I know however that the Yankees like Mexicans better,because unlike whites they work hard, keep their mouths closed and have a lot of humility. Good trademarks for the Puritans, who don't like voices of dissent. If only the small group of whites and jews in the liberal north could replace whites in the rest of the USA with Mexican slaves, eh?

IP Logged

Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:42am
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 10:12am:
You can have as many children as you want. Just don't confuse your fertility with a right to immigrate to the United States.  I know however that the Yankees like Mexicans better,because unlike whites they work hard, keep their mouths closed and have a lot of humility. Good trademarks for the Puritans, who don't like voices of dissent. If only the small group of whites and jews in the liberal north could replace whites in the rest of the USA with Mexican slaves, eh?

Expressing your racism and hate wherever you go! Your kind are a defeated bitter people. Get over the civil war.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - May 27th, 2017 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 8:16am:
You are talking about government instituted racial discrimination, which is clearly unconstitutional. Fight against it!

(You can talk all you want about any communities you have joined voluntarily.
You being short and bald puts you in  a 'group' without any choice on your part, so if the government decides that short bald people are almost always geniuses and therefore have an unfair advantage and must go to the back of the line... That's the illegal government sponsored discrimination I mentioned.) 

1) I'm not bald. You're bald.

2) If any of that is true then maybe it's fair.

You're basically suggesting that I don't have an unfair advantage, even if I do. My IQ is a one-in-a-thousand. There are people who can't compete with me even if I slack off and they put everything they have into it. I was taught that this is wrong and needs to be corrected for. It's not libertarian but holy carp, I can see where they're coming from.

If the world is as blind to inherent advantage as you suggest it ought to be, how far do we go? Do we throw the mentally retarded into the free market and let them get eaten alive, blind to their disabilities? Do we stop making wheelchair ramps (remember they do this because it's a regulation) because we're blind to the fact that they can't get up the stairs? Because let's be honest, a business like McDonald's is not likely to care about the minuscule portion of customers it's losing (the ramp is likely a net loss) and let's be super-honest: You're not likely to care either if you really want that burger and fries.

I want you to understand something about my immense intellect that's extremely relevant to all political discussions. I do not have the massive normalcy bias you do. Even discounting the intellect directly, I'm going to see things in a much different way because I don't have experience being about equal to everyone else in almost everything. I don't have that experience where most stuff works and this weird outlier guy is always suggesting weird outlier scenarios and I'm like, "Really?"

Also, it's legal to discriminate on the basis of anything else except the things in anti-discrimination law. Race, creed, colour, religion, sexual orientation, etcetera. So don't call it illegal to discriminate on anything else.

Funny you should mention bald. This happens. And it's not wrong!

http://business.time.com/2007/11/01/are_we_biased_against_baldies/#

So really it's a crapshoot. You might be a protected minority and golden, or you might have a different trait that causes people to hate you and you're SOL. You can't protect everyone from discrimination, even by the government. The most discriminated against group is ugly women, and no one cares. People declare it right.

So excuse me if I find this whole charade to be a bit of ridiculous.

I'm not saying you're wrong - and in fact protecting everyone is more morally consistent than protecting just a few - I'm just saying it's ridiculous any way you slice it. Any practical way you find to deal with it will inherently contain such compromises as to render it ridiculous.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - May 27th, 2017 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 11:42am:
Expressing your racism and hate wherever you go! Your kind are a defeated bitter people. Get over the civil war.

Strangely, I'm a staunch supporter of the Zapatista movement. I'm filled with contradictions.  I love other races as long as I don't feel they are being used against me politically.  It follows my theory that racism comes from people pitting races against each other politicallty.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - May 27th, 2017 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 11:42am:

I extend this poignantly correct statement to the entire white race.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - May 27th, 2017 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 12:22pm:
I extend this poignantly correct statement to the entire white race.

The entire white human race won't bear your guilt. You Americans need to accept it as your own.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - May 27th, 2017 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 12:26pm:
The entire white human race won't bear your guilt. You Americans need to accept it as your own.

I've never been in the military and don't even own a gun. How can I really be blamed for military actions that I never supported in my whole life? I'm content to rest in the USA without leaving. 

If the USA were to stay entirely neutral I would be very happy to just be an American.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWAFvIT-NHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlbQ1zsE2nQ

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - May 27th, 2017 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 12:26pm:

But it's genetic guilt anyway. I didn't do anything.

You can't have it both ways. If guilt bleeds downward through descendants it also bleeds sideways to genetic relatives. By what principle should a son suffer for a crime where a sister should not?

The one thing you can say is that I benefited from slavery in a way you did not, but the limit to this guilt is any measurable advantage I enjoy from it. I may owe something more, but this is a debt, not a guilt.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - May 27th, 2017 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
You both must bear your country's responsibility for it's crimes against humanity.

Maybe you should move to Cuba.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - May 27th, 2017 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 12:50pm:
You both must bear your country's responsibility for it's crimes against humanity.

Well then we have a lot of Jews and their descendants to punish because they were citizens of Nazi Germany.

Come on. You know it's purely genetic guilt. Admit it. This is why the Jews are not at fault for their own genocide. No (or very, very, very few) were culpable for the acts. I'm agreeing with your conclusions; I'm just saying the guilt is genetic rather than national.

Don_G wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 12:50pm:
Maybe you should move to Cuba.

No thanks. I think those people Picasso painted are ugly and I don't want to go among them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Unregistering to Vote
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy