Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian Carpetbaggers
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Libertarian Carpetbaggers (Read 1066 times)
kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian Carpetbaggers
May 26th, 2017 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
I notice a lot of Republicans are carpetbaggers like Ted Cruz, and that a lot of Libertarians are also carpetbaggers. Is it possible that libertarianism a philosophy that attracts carpetbaggers like Ron Paul? Is there a deep connection between carpetbaggiing exploitation and libertarian thinking? Got any snakeoil?

IP Logged

ahhell
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Libertarian Carpetbaggers
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2017 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
There are also a number of democratic carpet baggers, notably, Hillary Clinton.  I would need some actual statistics to accept the premise that libertarians are more prone to it than others.

If your premise is true, perhaps its because libertarians are less rooted to the places they were born and being more free than Dems or Reps, they are more loyal willing to engage in public service in the places they have chose to live in. 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2017 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 4:07pm:
If your premise is true, perhaps its because libertarians are less rooted to the places they were born and being more free than Dems or Reps, they are more loyal willing to engage in public service in the places they have chose to live in. 
His premise is nonsense. It's likely that libertarians move more often than others, but they don't do it as carpetbaggers. The whole carpetbagging thing after our war to end slavery in America was crony deals with the corrupt government that arose after Lincoln was shot and the nasty unrepresentative state governments that were permitted to control the former slave states.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - May 27th, 2017 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
His premise is nonsense. It's likely that libertarians move more often than others, but they don't do it as carpetbaggers. The whole carpetbagging thing after our war to end slavery in America was crony deals with the corrupt government that arose after Lincoln was shot and the nasty unrepresentative state governments that were permitted to control the former slave states.

The war to expand Yankee Territory as I call it didnt really end with beating the south. If only history stopped short eh? The Yankees continued to fight into the Philippines, then on and on, war after war, getting rid of the Spanish Empire, exploiting Latin America, Banana Wars, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, and finally Yankee George Bush Senior invading Panama.  Yes, the Bushes are descended from you guessed it Slavery Abolitionists/imperialists in Ohio and New York.

It's so quaint to mask your entire imperialist history with one act of Slave Liberation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obadiah_Bush

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - May 27th, 2017 at 10:28am
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 4:07pm:
There are also a number of democratic carpet baggers, notably, Hillary Clinton.  I would need some actual statistics to accept the premise that libertarians are more prone to it than others.

The main thing about Carpet Baggers is that they move to the south to profiteer. Hilary, though a corrupt double-standard wielding Yankee, yet lives in the north with Trump.

I myself have moved all over the USA. In fact, moving around a lot is what finally taught me about Yankees and Europe. Otherwise I might have stayed in the south my whole life and voted for the Democrats, because in general I am pretty open minded about what other people get up to, but living in the north showed me the truth. The Yankees don't merely represent more liberal thinking. They are imperialists.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Libertarians are Carpetbaggers wherever they go.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:39am
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 10:16am:
The war to expand Yankee Territory as I call it didnt really end with beating the south. If only history stopped short eh? The Yankees continued to fight into the Philippines, then on and on, war after war, getting rid of the Spanish Empire, exploiting Latin America, Banana Wars, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, and finally Yankee George Bush Senior invading Panama.  Yes, the Bushes are descended from you guessed it Slavery Abolitionists/imperialists in Ohio and New York.

It's so quaint to mask your entire imperialist history with one act of Slave Liberation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obadiah_Bush

Here, let me correct that a bit for you: The US south was crushed, defeated and rightfully so. Racist slaveholders were defeated!
Then both the Yankees and Confederates joined forces to plunder the Philippines, and further war after war.

The US is being held back and will continue to be indefinitely because the south can't get over it. This likely results in saving hundreds of thousands of lives in other countries because Americans are busy fighting amongst themselves.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - May 27th, 2017 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 11:39am:
Here, let me correct that a bit for you: The US south was crushed, defeated and rightfully so. Racist slaveholders were defeated!
Then both the Yankees and Confederates joined forces to plunder the Philippines, and further war after war.

The US is being held back and will continue to be indefinitely because the south can't get over it. This likely results in saving hundreds of thousands of lives in other countries because Americans are busy fighting amongst themselves.

I would think that the southern soldiers were resting up after the fight, but in fact the soldiers and generals who killed the indians and invaded the philipines were dumb bastards that they pulled out of innercity areas like New York, mostly whites who were possibly new immigrants, because the Yankees themselves were taxed after the civil war. That's why you find the soldiers literally mutilating indian corpses and taking body parts trophies, because they grew up in New York on the streets and were used to excessive violence. 

One strange nearly unthinkable thing that those people did was cut the breasts off of women and wear them on their hats.

The south lacked that New Immigrant flair.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - May 27th, 2017 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
One of those worst killers in the Philippines was most definitely a Yankee soldier:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_H._Smith

Yeah, I got the invadomania blues,
I try to stop, but peace I cant stand,
I've got to take my soldiers and invade some other land,
I'm self righteous sure, I gave the slaves a hand,
But I've got the invadiadiadomania blues,

It's like a drug that I cant stop putting in my mouth,
Yeah, I'll blame the crappity smacking south,
I guess I'll invade Iran,
I've got the invadomania blues!
I always feel innocent, lying to myself while I fight,
I see myself in a golden light.
I've got the invadomania blues!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - May 27th, 2017 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 10:16am:
The war to expand Yankee Territory as I call it...
People really didn't want any more slave states in America. Lot's of Americans were thinking it was past  time to live up to "All men are created equal". Spontaneous Civil war was already breaking out in Kansas and Missouri. Laws had been passed by Congress that required free people to become complicit in holding other people in slavery.

Are you ignorant of history?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian Carpetbaggers
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy