Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian Carpetbaggers
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Libertarian Carpetbaggers (Read 699 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Libertarian Carpetbaggers
Reply #10 - May 27th, 2017 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 11:39am:
Here, let me correct that a bit for you:

The 'progressives' controlling our government wanted an American empire.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - May 27th, 2017 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 2:40pm:
People really didn't want any more slave states in America. Lot's of Americans were thinking it was past  time to live up to "All men are created equal". Spontaneous Civil war was already breaking out in Kansas and Missouri. Laws had been passed by Congress that required free people to become complicit in holding other people in slavery.

Are you ignorant of history?

I have found more and more the history of Latin America interesting. Apparently only a fraction of slaves to the Americas were even in the USA. The Majority of slaveholding was in Latin America. I believe Brazil had the most.  It's historically interesting, because often people complain about the USA, but all colonial territories held slaves. Beligans had slaves in the congo and were notorious for mistreating them

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/black-in-latin-america/featured/full-episode-mexico-peru...

But for some reason the USA is notorious, and I believe it's because the Yankees took over the world, and in the process made the American South look more bad than it actually was. You for instance never ever hear anyone complaining about slavery in Brazil. As far as I know, Lincoln had to designs on ending it there. Nevertheless, slavery ended later and was much more involved than in the USA.

Slavery in the south, regretfully was only the tip of a much bigger iceberg.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - May 27th, 2017 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Is it so hard to imagine, that the northeast, New England, where nearly every person is snow white, and most of them even today grow up without even seeing a black or going to school with blacks in their all white new england towns -- is it so hard to imagine, that those people actually didnt care about freeing slaves?

In my travels, you usually find that in any good sized town in the northeast where there are blacks, there are also racists. Having lived in Buffalo New York, I can personally attest to the racism of the locals, who hate blacks and Puerto Ricans. Possibly the lack of diversity causes more empathy in their all white areas.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - May 27th, 2017 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Australia has the highest rate of black incarceration worldwide. Why don't people complain about them? Is it so easy to complain about the USA? The ultimate scapegoat for all your own failings, the States....

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/04/15/national-crisis-indigenous-incarce...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - May 27th, 2017 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 4:05pm:
But for some reason the USA is notorious, and I believe it's because the Yankees took over the world
Spain, the Dutch, especially the Portuguese were the nastiest colonial powers. By comparison, being colonized by England was a blessing. France treated it's colonial subjects not much worse that it treated everybody in France, which wasn't all that good.

The United States never had any colonies in the same sense.

"Yankees took over the world"? Grin Cheesy

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - May 27th, 2017 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 4:05pm:
Slavery in the south, regretfully was only the tip of a much bigger iceberg.
Fascinating! Please tell us more about this. Thanks.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 5:06pm:
Fascinating! Please tell us more about this. Thanks.

Read a history book your own self. I'm not here to instruct the misinformed.

The USA is either a land where you can just live and be an American, or it's more than that, an empire, or a tool.  You can test this yourself, just think

"I am an American. I will not intervene overseas militarily. I have a right to just live in the USA and be an American, just as a Frenchman lives in France."

You will almost right away feel something, like a force against you from the Yankees. they literally want to intervene everywhere, often for Israel and to drag you along. You can feel their pressure.  Literally, if you are content to be an American only, then you better leave, because this powerhouse runs on intervention.

IP Logged

Dissident Right

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - May 28th, 2017 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 11:39am:
Here, let me correct that a bit for you: The US south was crushed, defeated and rightfully so. Racist slaveholders were defeated!
Then both the Yankees and Confederates joined forces to plunder the Philippines, and further war after war.

The US is being held back and will continue to be indefinitely because the south can't get over it. This likely results in saving hundreds of thousands of lives in other countries because Americans are busy fighting amongst themselves.

Trump can extend the Yankee Empire's life support a little longer, but it is ultimately doomed. No institution built on lies can long stand, least of all an empire.

When the Yankee Empire collapses from within, and it will, the South will rise again, and the monuments to the Great Tyrant will be smashed to rubble.

Jeff carpools with murderers.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - May 28th, 2017 at 7:45am
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 11:44pm:
You will almost right away feel something, like a force against you from the Yankees.
Cheesy

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - May 28th, 2017 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Dissident Right wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 12:31am:
Trump can extend the Yankee Empire's life support a little longer, but it is ultimately doomed. No institution built on lies can long stand, least of all an empire.

When the Yankee Empire collapses from within, and it will, the South will rise again, and the monuments to the Great Tyrant will be smashed to rubble.

Right! And so now is the time to dig up all your guns that you buried in your potato garden. Obama is not going to come and take them from you in the middle of the night. Get them oiled up and ready to water the tree of liberty! LOL

The hillbilly revolution is coming soon!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian Carpetbaggers
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy