Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian Carpetbaggers
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Libertarian Carpetbaggers (Read 698 times)
kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Libertarian Carpetbaggers
Reply #70 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 12th, 2017 at 7:52pm:
That means you think state governments should have been protected in their "right" to protect slavery in their states, and that new slave states should have been added to a growing America? Because governments that permit and protect slavery are "legitimate"?

My argument has nothing to do with slavery, but why the Northeast doesn't respect the national sovereignty of other nations.

Even my friend from Mexico believes that the northeast is essentially the seat of power and corruption and if Washington DC were to be nuked we would be better off. He doesnt talk about nuking Seattle, Dallas, or Atlanta, but New York and the northeast. What president has ever been from Seattle?

There are multiple substates in the USA that have never produced a president.  Nevertheless, the last presidential campaign was a fight between two New Yorkers! It's such an joke, I feel like I might as well live in a foreign land.

In the rest of the USA we get really sick of it.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #71 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
One solution might be to have a rotating capital. For instance, we could move the Capital to Omaha or Des Moines for several years, then move it to California for a while, then Arizona, Texas, etc, and have the capital and place the president lives out of the maw of the northeast. It's like having a made dog foaming at the mouth grabbing your leg the way things are going.

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #72 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on Jun 12th, 2017 at 8:06pm:
My argument has nothing to do with slavery, but why the Northeast doesn't respect the national sovereignty of other nations.

I can't figure out what you mean...

I'm pretty sure the governments of Massachusetts and New Jersey etc. don't respect the sovereignty of their own citizens... Could that be the root of the problem you see?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #73 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on Jun 12th, 2017 at 8:15pm:
One solution might be to have a rotating capital. For instance, we could move the Capital to Omaha or Des Moines for several years...
Cheesy
You think Congress will propose a Constitutional amendment that would move them to Nebraska? Grin

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 12th, 2017 at 8:37pm:
Cheesy
You think Congress will propose a Constitutional amendment that would move them to Nebraska? Grin

The military does strikes without congressional approval. Why can't we the people move the capital to Omaha? I have a feeling for this, because it would bespeak modesty and America, rather than that mausoleum in the northeast.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #75 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 12:34am
Print Post  
If things continue on the way they are going in the land of the gun, it's quite likely that the constitution will be amended to outlaw Darwinian evolution.

Already close to 50% of americans reject evolution in favour of the sky fairy fantasies of creation.

And the 6000 year old earth! Why not believe in Santa, Easter bunny, Peter Pan, Jesus, tooth fairy, and the rest of the sky fairies too?

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #76 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 12:34am:
If things continue on the way they are going in the land of the gun, it's quite likely that the constitution will be amended to outlaw Darwinian evolution.

Already close to 50% of americans reject evolution in favour of the sky fairy fantasies of creation.

And the 6000 year old earth! Why not believe in Santa, Easter bunny, Peter Pan, Jesus, tooth fairy, and the rest of the sky fairies too?

Frankly,  though I am not a "Christian", I have to admit that your arguments against the USA interceding abroad are more compelling. After all Greece, Italy, Spain, Bavaria, Ireland, are all places filled with religious lunatics. Statistics show Ireland is more religious than America, and many lands actually have blasphemy laws. The USA has no blasphemy laws.

So really, the essential difference is that Ireland and Italy are not constantly intervening internationally.  If we could just make the USA stop, stop, stop it's wars, we could be like these other lands.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #77 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 8:30am
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on Jun 12th, 2017 at 8:41pm:
Why can't we the people move the capital to Omaha? I have a feeling for this, because it would bespeak modesty and America, rather than that mausoleum in the northeast.
It seems absurdly unlikely that Congress will propose amending the Constitution in such a way. but it seems even more absurdly unlikely that the States would propose such an amendment, or that the people of America would approve it.

I'll start the argument in opposition to your idea.

Who will pay for the creation of a new Capitol City in Nebraska? How much do you estimate it will cost?

IP Logged

kaz

Small Government Libertarian

Reply #78 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 12:34am:

It would be so much better if only the criminals had guns, we'd be safe to walk the streets.

Leftists in Canada sure are no smarter than the ones here

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him - Groucho Marx

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way - Mark Twain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian Carpetbaggers
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy