Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › SOCIALLY Responsible Capitalism!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) SOCIALLY Responsible Capitalism! (Read 484 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: SOCIALLY Responsible Capitalism!
Reply #30 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 3:35pm:
And you're suggesting that Trump is trying to lead that horse? If so then it's an easy argument to defeat.
I keep trying to lead you to the clean water of individual Rights and responsibility, economic freedom, non-tyrannical government...

Maybe that's what he's referring to?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
The Democratic Senate is considering sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many more Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates of the millions of Americans who lack any real skills and ambition.

“Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society,” said California Sen. Barbara Boxer. “We can no longer stand by and allow People With No Ability (PWNA) to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing.”

In a Capitol Hill press conference, Nancy Pelosi pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons With No Ability (63 percent).

Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million mid-level positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.

Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given to guarantee upward mobility for even the most non-productive employees. The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of Persons of Inability (POI) into middle-management positions, and give a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.

Finally, the Americans With No Abilities Act contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, “Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?”

Said Sen. Dick Durbin, II: “As a senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation, plus a handsome salary for doing so!”

parody. not to be taken seriously.http://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/the-americans-with-no-abilities-act-anaa.146...

IP Logged

merkelstan

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
It's really a classic!

In real life students in some US school started an initiative for more social justice.  Their proposal: distribute some of the high grades from the hard-working and gifted to those less priveleged.

"Obviously, the lack of any evidence just proves Russia is behind the lack of evidence." - AZJoe

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 7:53pm:
It's really a classic!

In real life students in some US school started an initiative for more social justice.  Their proposal: distribute some of the high grades from the hard-working and gifted to those less priveleged.

You think it's a joke but I've taken flak all my life for being so gifted that my good grades were supposedly handed to me. I don't know what the people telling me such things want if not exactly this.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 7:43am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 9:28pm:
You think it's a joke but I've taken flak all my life for being so gifted that my good grades were supposedly handed to me.

That's just how "affirmative action" works. Since short people (as a group) are inherently inferior, they need a "hand up", which is why you got points added to your grades whether you, individually, needed them or not.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Socially responsible capitalism isn't a joke anymore with Americans. Trump switched the light on in their vacant skulls and now they aren't going to let government turn it off. They are going to remember those promises next election and somebody is going to promise again!

Socially responsible capitalism could happen in the land of the gun!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #36 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 11:22am:
What is it? What does it mean for government to be socially responsible?
What American attitudes must change in order to bring about the change it will represent?
Can Americans at least come to accept that affordable health care is a right and that right is being denied by big corporations that profit off the backs of the people? The rest of the world has it. Why can't Americans embrace it with a change in attitude?

But health care is only one example among dozens of examples of the US destroying it's people's wellbeing.

What does it mean for government to be socially responsible?

You don't have the "right" to other people's money

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › SOCIALLY Responsible Capitalism!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy