Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › China's Communist Success Story
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) China's Communist Success Story (Read 1595 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: China's Communist Success Story
Reply #10 - May 30th, 2017 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 8:22am:
China went from a Communist Party controlled command economy to a form of Communist Party controlled crony 'capitalism' that could easily be compared to Mussolini's Italy or Hitler's Germany.

Whatever you want to believe is fine with me. It's a waste of time to continue to point out the obvious truth with you. You're eventually coming to state the truths on the facts I relate to you anyway.

Quote:
It's not a good system of political economy and it will fail and most likely lead to war.

It's possible but quite unlikely at this point in time as China is definitely forecast to surpass the US economy.

The only thing you have said that is interesting is your notion that it will 'lead to war'. that leaves me wondering just what country will initiate your war?

If you were serious you might want to say. If it just fell out of your brain then don't bother.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - May 30th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
Whatever you want to believe is fine with me.

That sort of weaselly statement isn't really worthy of a teacher.

Pack those "forecasts" up your ass. They all come from suspect people, people who think Keynes and Marx were right. Grin

They weren't.

It's been well proven, and that's why I believe it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - May 30th, 2017 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
The only thing you have said that is interesting is your notion that it will 'lead to war'. that leaves me wondering just what country will initiate your war?
I don't want war or anarchy or global tribal terrorism. Don't try to blame me for 'progressive' tribal failures all around the world.

From history. Failed governments start wars.

Also from history. Governments that do not follow the American principle fail. Then they often start wars.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - May 30th, 2017 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
I don't want war or anarchy or global tribal terrorism. Don't try to blame me for 'progressive' tribal failures all around the world.

From history. Failed governments start wars.

Also from history. Governments that do not follow the American principle fail. Then they often start wars.

If true then the 37+ wars of aggression the US has started since WW2, are a measure of your country's failure?

I wouldn't agree that your country is a failure, just as I wouldn't agree that the Roman empire was a failure. Both have shwon success for a limited period of time.

personally, I see the US being a major player in the world for a long time to come. I guess we only disagree on the simple fact that it won't go on unimpeded by a faction that has the capacity to oppose US empire.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - May 31st, 2017 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 7:39pm:
If true then the 37+ wars of aggression the US has started since WW2, are a measure of your country's failure?

I wouldn't agree that your country is a failure...

It's failed governments that start wars, and 'progressive' governments always fail. Even when they aren't failed, 'progressive' governments start wars, which is what has been going on in many of what you call America's "wars of aggression".

America is not a total failure, yet, but as 'progressives' take us ever farther away from legitimate Constitutional government and more and more into 'progressive' one Part rule, it will fail completely. But long before that happens, many more 'progressive' countries around the world will crash like Venezuela, and it's most likely that one of them will start a war.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
If the US has started over 37 wars since WW2, according to Jeff would that make the US a failure?

I don't think so but according to Jeff the US is going to fail. It's too progressive and needs to be more regressive.

I guess?

Obviously the US isn't going to fail any time soon but it will be restricted by the other side that is coming together to stop the US march to empire. Russia is giving up on the West and is cozying up to China. It was obviously going to happen and easy to predict right back to the fall of the Soviet Union.

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/390337-russia-china-g7-west/

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - May 31st, 2017 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 1:05pm:
If the US has started over 37 wars since WW2, according to Jeff would that make the US a failure?

I don't think so but according to Jeff the US is going to fail. It's too progressive and needs to be more regressive.
Why don't you go through those wars, one by one, and look to see what sort of President and Congress was responsible for them? I'm going to guess 96% or more were started by 'progressive' U.S. governments.

Certainly there were no classically liberal governments beyond perhaps Coolidge., but even then, Congress was champing at the bit to get busy remodeling America through the power of government.

The opposite of 'progressive' government is strictly limited government that protects individual liberty and Rights, which allows free individuals to make progress in usually unforeseen ways, but always results in the creation of lots of wealth, so that everybody is better off.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - May 31st, 2017 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 4:20pm:
Why don't you go through those wars, one by one, and look to see what sort of President and Congress was responsible for them? I'm going to guess 96% or more were started by 'progressive' U.S. governments.

Certainly there were no classically liberal governments beyond perhaps Coolidge., but even then, Congress was champing at the bit to get busy remodeling America through the power of government.

The opposite of 'progressive' government is strictly limited government that protects individual liberty and Rights, which allows free individuals to make progress in usually unforeseen ways, but always results in the creation of lots of wealth, so that everybody is better off.

I've been through the list and all of them were started by the US. And none were started by 'progressive' government. Not a one!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - May 31st, 2017 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 4:55pm:
I've been through the list and all of them were started by the US. And none were started by 'progressive' government. Not a one!
Who were the  Presidents for the first five wars on the list?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - May 31st, 2017 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 4:58pm:
Who were theĀ  Presidents for the first five wars on the list?

www.presidentsforthefirstfiveUSwars.com

As you see, none were progressives.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › China's Communist Success Story
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy