Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › China's Communist Success Story
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) China's Communist Success Story (Read 688 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: China's Communist Success Story
Reply #50 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 12:37pm:
The "Trump Lied" meme assumes that he is in charge now.

What does that mean, to be polite and ask?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 8:06am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 8:06am:

I would say that's just wishful thinking now. China is too powerful to allow US manipulation of the global market in a way that can harm China's economy. The US would have to do harm to itself in order to accomplish that.

In any case, if we had a section for predictions, this one could be recorded there. Admin???

IP Logged

kaz

Small Government Libertarian

Reply #53 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 12:36pm:
I would say that's just wishful thinking now. China is too powerful to allow US manipulation of the global market in a way that can harm China's economy. The US would have to do harm to itself in order to accomplish that.

In any case, if we had a section for predictions, this one could be recorded there. Admin???

It's pretty funny how you realize with us that we would have to harm ourselves to harm China, yet you're completely oblivious to the reverse ...

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him - Groucho Marx

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way - Mark Twain

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:10pm:
It's pretty funny how you realize with us that we would have to harm ourselves to harm China, yet you're completely oblivious to the reverse ...

A point worth comment. No, not at all. I'm fully aware that China is taking a completely non-confrontational stance to the US, and will likely continue to do so.

With the exception of China stating that which it considers it'r rights on building new islands.

Think a little before making silly comments. You'll be ignored for the silly stuff but I will reply to something worth a reply.

IP Logged

kaz

Small Government Libertarian

Reply #55 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:41pm:
I'm fully aware that China is taking a completely non-confrontational stance to the US, and will likely continue to do so.

With the exception of China stating that which it considers it'r rights on building new islands.

Think a little before making silly comments. You'll be ignored for the silly stuff but I will reply to something worth a reply.

Huh

China is non confrontational.  You do love you some Communists ...

You really want to call for silly people to be removed from the board?

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him - Groucho Marx

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way - Mark Twain

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 12:36pm:
I would say that's just wishful thinking now.
You think sane people are hoping that the Chinese Communists will crash their "planned crony economy" on purpose? Because...? Cheesy What? China's economic collapse can be quarantined by smart Central Bankers so as not to go viral?Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Which ones do you think have it figured out?

How will it effect my portfolio? Should I get into Eastern Europe? Is there a guarantee of no danger from some sort of resurgent Soviet Empire? Can Poland protect itself against Russia? Would anybody go to help them? (Historically speaking, no. Everybody will look the other way if Russia and Germany decide to divide up Poland again.)

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:55pm:
You really want to call for silly people to be removed from the board?

I'd like to get in on that, but not to exclude silly people (silly people are often fun!) only to exclude silly ideas!

And since I'm an expert on silly ideas, having had more of them than any living person with the same name as me who was born on the same day etc... I will decide which ideas are silly, and I will censor them before they are posted.

It will make everything easier if everybody here has the same ideas, and none of them are silly.

I bet the site would get some sorts of awards for that... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
Everybody will look the other way if Russia and Germany decide to divide up Poland again.)

The only part of all that worth commenting on is Germany and Russia dividing up Poland. And that's even off topic.

You're safe in assuming there won't be another rise of the Soviet Union. And you're also safe financially in understanding that Russia has gained immunity from US sanctions.

If you can connect that to your portfolio then go for it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #59 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:50pm:
The only part of all that worth commenting on is Germany and Russia dividing up Poland.
Have you commented on it somewhere that I can go and read your comments? ShockedNo?

What a big surprise to everyone. (Is there one of theseĀ  Cheesy that is a big yawn?)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › China's Communist Success Story
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy