Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Packin Heat!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Packin Heat! (Read 823 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Packin Heat!
Reply #10 - May 29th, 2017 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 4:36pm:
...a government that continually wants to send bombladen jets and drones abroad to bomb civilians in good old liberal democratic fashion...
'Progressives', it's the 'progressives' that do that sort of thing. Liberals hate it.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - May 29th, 2017 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 4:44pm:
'Progressives', it's the 'progressives' that do that sort of thing. Liberals hate it.

Then the question is who are the real liberals? You can't trust democrats.  The gun issue to me is like the Mexican border issue - not my problem.  It's a problem for people who live in certain places. Let various local places make their own laws. Let the people who live in bordertowns decide about walls or border security. Ask the people who live in Laredo, El Paso, San Diego, Nogales, etc, and let them decide. I wouldnt want to decide anything for someone else, when I won't live with the decision.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - May 29th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 4:54pm:
Then the question is who are the real liberals?
We changed our name to 'libertarian' because the stinkin' 'progressives' started calling themselves "liberal" and no true liberal want's to be complicit with 'progressive' tyrannies. Not even by implication.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - May 29th, 2017 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 4:36pm:
I don't personally own any guns of any kind (even though I live in an african american neighborhood!), but I am not against gun ownership. It doesnt concern me as much as other issues like elitism in the government/regions of the USA. In fact, gun ownership, though I don't own any guns, because I'd probably shoot myself with one, may be useful to scare the jerks in the government, to imagine a bunch of inbred nuts running around with guns is a real fear factor for a government that continually wants to send bombladen jets and drones abroad to bomb civilians in good old liberal democratic fashion, then call us all losers in the greater USA for not voting them into office again in the central atlantic elite society.  However, I wouldnt personally trust myself with a gun not to suicide.

You're very wise not to own guns. Statistically, you're more likely to get shot or have a loved one shot in a robbery if you bring a gun into the situation. The gungoons don't want to accept that truth because it spoils their charade. They probably think that they can have fun being a cowboy with a gun and it's worth losing a loved one over.

Having said that, I would strongly advise "all" Americans to have lots of guns and have them ready for the burglar they are hoping for.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - May 29th, 2017 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
kunstler wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 4:54pm:
It's a problem for people who live in certain places. Let various local places make their own laws. Let the people who live in bordertowns decide about walls or border security. Ask the people who live in Laredo, El Paso, San Diego, Nogales, etc, and let them decide.
Mostly they've decided that they don't want powerful Mexican drug cartels or MS 13 in their communities but they know they don't have the resources to fight them.

Your ordinary drug cartel soldier has body armor and fully automatic weapons, your average American border rancher or towns person isn't allowed....

But that's one of the primary reasons to have a national government. To keep barbarians out of our country.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - May 29th, 2017 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 5:02pm:
Having said that, I would strongly advise "all" Americans to have lots of guns and have them ready for the burglar they are hoping for.
Nobody is hoping to have their house or garage or business broken into and robbed idiot.

Where I live, lots of people have guns and know how to use them. Potential burglars know this, so not many people around here get to have their wish to be  burglarized fulfilled.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - May 29th, 2017 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 5:07pm:
Nobody is hoping to have their house or garage or business broken into and robbed idiot.

Where I live, lots of people have guns and know how to use them. Potential burglars know this, so not many people around here get to have their wish to be  burglarized fulfilled.

i've heard it all before punk. You all know how to use your guns! And you're just itchin to get a chance!

Some of you will be statistics, the odds are for sure!

Burglars know how to deal with the situation too. They know that the house they are going to rob probably has some guns so they go in and kill the ones who are old enough to use them first. Those statistics ya know, they don't lie!

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - May 29th, 2017 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
You're very wise not to own guns. Statistically, you're more likely to get shot or have a loved one shot in a robbery if you bring a gun into the situation. The gungoons don't want to accept that truth because it spoils their charade. They probably think that they can have fun being a cowboy with a gun and it's worth losing a loved one over.

I don't own a gun, because I am bipolar and occasionally have a psychotic episode. Occasionally I am not myself. I cannot say what that other self who takes over might do with a loaded gun.

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - May 29th, 2017 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
Mostly they've decided that they don't want powerful Mexican drug cartels or MS 13 in their communities but they know they don't have the resources to fight them.

Your ordinary drug cartel soldier has body armor and fully automatic weapons, your average American border rancher or towns person isn't allowed....

But that's one of the primary reasons to have a national government. To keep barbarians out of our country.

I read that some border cities like Brownsville Texas were upset about the Trump wall, because it would hurt their economy, because the drug cartel is at Laredo, etc. Not all parts of the border have drug cartels, so the danger in Nova Laredo might not be in Brownsville. So we have to be more locally selective.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mexico-border-wall-proposal-deadline-brownsville-tex...

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - May 29th, 2017 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
I would strongly advise "all" Americans to have lots of guns and have them ready for the burglar they are hoping for.
You obviously haven't the slightest clue why Americans have maintained our right to keep and bear arms. Which is a good thing, actually.

We keep and bear arms to protect ourselves against Progressive tyrants who would strip us of the right to defend ourselves from people like the following disgraceful enemies of Liberty: 

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.” ― Adolf Hitler

“All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.”– Mao Tse Tung

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them [guns]... 'Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in,' I would have done it."   - Diane Feinstein

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Packin Heat!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy