Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Packin Heat!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Packin Heat! (Read 600 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Packin Heat!
Reply #30 - May 30th, 2017 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 7:31pm:
This is probably the best position for you to have.

Its not fair for Americans to expect foreigners to fully understand the limitations on government which are outlined in the US Constitution. That's our burden, not yours.

Consider us an oddity and leave it at that.  Smiley

As I said, if you ask for more attention then I will oblige you, on my own terms though.

If understanding that your country is suffering from the massacre of your children due to dogma that could be so easily changed, I would suggest that the rest of the world if far ahead of your understanding.

They are your country's children who are being slaughtered, not my country's children. The only thing that could possibly make you become a compassionate human being is if it becomes your own loved ones who become the victims of your guns.

That has never failed to do the trick! Why do you think it has to get to that to change attitudes?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - May 30th, 2017 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 7:46pm:
They are your country's children who are being slaughtered, not my country's children. The only thing that could possibly make you become a compassionate human being is if it becomes your own loved ones who become the victims of your guns.

That has never failed to do the trick! Why do you think it has to get to that to change attitudes?

I honestly don't think that attitudes need changing.  Americans have had the same Natural Right to keep and bear arms for 240 years now.  That right cannot be taken away. 

You should understand that the 2nd Amendment does NOT give Rights to anybody.  It only serves to ensure the government does not pass Laws that INFRINGE on that right.

If you still don't understand, don't feel bad. Many people go their entire lifetime without understanding what Natural Rights are.  Don't be one of them!   Wink

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - May 30th, 2017 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 11:45am:
The NRA is pushing a law that would force all 50 states to allow anyone to carry loaded, concealed guns in public, with no background checks or training.

What a great idea! What American gungoon won't be pissing his pants in glee over this idea.

And so the question is, what age limit should be applied when this law passes? I would personally make it age 6. The child will be capable of packing the weight and will have fingers developed enough to fit a handgun and pull the trigger. And could possibly protect children who are under 6.

You know, it's easy to sound smart when you advocate whatever the smartest fad is. No one really cares that it's empty and entirely arbitrary.

Me and my beloved just watched the new Harry Potter universe flick, Fantastic Beasts. In it, the New Salem people who want to get rid of magic users are portrayed (as the bad guys always are) as the flippin' devil incarnate.

My response was, "Yeah, because wizards totally aren't dangerous as all ^%$% to muggles."

Because banning guns is cool, since guns let you kill someone with the flick of a finger. Doesn't apply to the people who want to ban magic. That's decidedly uncool!

It just goes to show, fantasy or reality, the principles don't matter, just the narrative. Right and wrong aren't based on principles; they're just whatever the narrative wants them to be.

So when safety > rights is in, you pick safety. And when rights > safety, you pick rights for that issue. Salad bar morality builds you a pile of delicious greens anyone would be jealous of. You get to eat the best - the most popular items - off every cart. Of course your salad looks better than mine.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - May 30th, 2017 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 10:07pm:
You know, it's easy to sound smart when you advocate whatever the smartest fad is. No one really cares that it's empty and entirely arbitrary.

Me and my beloved just watched the new Harry Potter universe flick, Fantastic Beasts. In it, the New Salem people who want to get rid of magic users are portrayed (as the bad guys always are) as the flippin' devil incarnate.

My response was, "Yeah, because wizards totally aren't dangerous as all ^%$% to muggles."

Because banning guns is cool, since guns let you kill someone with the flick of a finger. Doesn't apply to the people who want to ban magic. That's decidedly uncool!

It just goes to show, fantasy or reality, the principles don't matter, just the narrative. Right and wrong aren't based on principles; they're just whatever the narrative wants them to be.

So when safety > rights is in, you pick safety. And when rights > safety, you pick rights for that issue. Salad bar morality builds you a pile of delicious greens anyone would be jealous of. You get to eat the best - the most popular items - off every cart. Of course your salad looks better than mine.

How would you like a nice big ice cream cone? What flavour would you like? How about chocolate?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - May 31st, 2017 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 7:46pm:
If understanding that your country is suffering from the massacre of your children due to dogma that could be so easily changed...

Many, many Americans are aware of the damage 'progressive' government has done (and is currently making worse) in our big cities, but it's not in fact easy to get a 'progressive' to give up on his dogma.

'Progressives' hold beliefs that are far more like a religion than a rational system of political economy, which makes 'progressive' dogma as dear to them as religious dogma is to any follower of a conventional religion.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - May 31st, 2017 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 7:37am:
Many, many Americans are aware of the damage 'progressive' government has done (and is currently making worse) in our big cities,......

Yeah, that's what I've been saying.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - May 31st, 2017 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 12:51pm:
Yeah, that's what I've been saying.
No, you've been saying that classical liberal ideas of the legitimacy of self defense are killing Canadian children. If that is true at all anywhere in Canada, it will be in Canada's large 'progressive' cities where everyone by law is supposed to not have guns.

The problem, if there is one, is that Canadian criminals are paying to have guns smuggled into Canada.

Then there was your total nonsense about "machine guns leaking into Canada" from the U.S.

You have never said or implied that the problem you are talking about is a 'progressive' creation. No, you blame inanimate objects that are very useful tools, and fun too.

Edit: If you have evidence of fully automatic weapons "leaking" into Canada, it must be that they are being stolen and sold by someone in our military, which means they are stealing things I have to pay for. Angry So please give your evidence to someone with the proper authority to stop U.S. Military personnel from stealing and selling "machine guns". Thanks.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - May 31st, 2017 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
www.machinegunsleakingintoCanadafromtheU.S.com

www.jeff'sfullyautomaticgunsleakingintoCanada.com

If you place a gun on a table the gun won't shoot you
But the table might.
Table control is overdue in the US.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - May 31st, 2017 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 4:58pm:

I picture a small group of quad .50 cal. Brownings, bellying through the woods and across the border into Saskatchewan...

Ok wait, I mis-read that. Sorry. It was "leaking" not sneaking... Embarrassed

So, I picture a high pressure pipeline form the U.S. to Canada, filled with machine guns for the use of the Canadian Army, and the pipeline springs a leak, spewing a atream of AR-16s across southern Manitoba... Cry

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - May 31st, 2017 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 11:45am:
The NRA is pushing a law that would force all 50 states to allow anyone to carry loaded, concealed guns in public, with no background checks or training.

What a great idea! What American gungoon won't be pissing his pants in glee over this idea.

And so the question is, what age limit should be applied when this law passes? I would personally make it age 6. The child will be capable of packing the weight and will have fingers developed enough to fit a handgun and pull the trigger. And could possibly protect children who are under 6.
How about a link to the proposed bill so that I know its not just something in your imagination?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Packin Heat!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy