Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Stop Inventing Fictional Threats From Russia!
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Stop Inventing Fictional Threats From Russia! (Read 353 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Stop Inventing Fictional Threats From Russia!
May 30th, 2017 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/news/390225-putin-russia-fictional-threats/

Are we all now to the point at which we can agree that this is the problem? Isn't it obvious?

It's really hard to believe that over 60% of Americans believe that Russia is their enemy.

IP Logged

merkelstan

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Stop Inventing Fictional Threats From Russia!
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2017 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
A lot of them still watch TV.

Of course it's not about threats, it's about lack of submission.

"Obviously, the lack of any evidence just proves Russia is behind the lack of evidence." - AZJoe

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2017 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 11:43pm:
A lot of them still watch TV.

Of course it's not about threats, it's about lack of submission.

Good for you! That's about as right as it gets.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - May 31st, 2017 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 10:36pm:
https://www.rt.com/news/390225-putin-russia-fictional-threats/

Are we all now to the point at which we can agree that this is the problem? Isn't it obvious?

It's really hard to believe that over 60% of Americans believe that Russia is their enemy.
You're batting 1000, I haven't agreed with you about anything yet.

Nuclear armed nation states with lots of military and a one Party government that doesn't think individual rights exist are a potential threat to other people's liberty.

What's amazing is that there are so many Americans who don't see that.

IP Logged

merkelstan

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - May 31st, 2017 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 3:54pm:
You're batting 1000, I haven't agreed with you about anything yet.

Nuclear armed nation states with lots of military and a one Party government that doesn't think individual rights exist are a potential threat to other people's liberty.

What's amazing is that there are so many Americans who don't see that.

It's amazing how many Americans don't see that that describes the USA.

"Obviously, the lack of any evidence just proves Russia is behind the lack of evidence." - AZJoe

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - May 31st, 2017 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 4:28pm:

Because it doesn't. Trump does not have nearly the power that Putin has. Quite a lot of people in our various governments (especially our state governments) still believe in a multiparty free political economyand the rule of law. So do most (many? Cry) Of our courts.

That is much different than Putin's Russia. So far anyway.

There are a lot of people in our government who lie government like Putin's and want to make the U.S. look like Russia, but they haven't taken over yet.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - May 31st, 2017 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 4:28pm:

You're right, and it's not Russians who are starting wars of aggression throughout the world. Although Russia was forced into allowing the Crimea to become a part of Russia but only with the people's choice.

Over 37 US wars of aggression since WW2 alone.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - May 31st, 2017 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 4:45pm:
Is there a link to that list? What's your source?

IP Logged

kunstler
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - May 31st, 2017 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 4:45pm:
You're right, and it's not Russians who are starting wars of aggression throughout the world. Although Russia was forced into allowing the Crimea to become a part of Russia but only with the people's choice.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/08/thomas-dilorenzo/yankee-empire/

Keep in mind I am not a "south will rise again" person. I merely see the south as at least made guilty. To lose is sometimes to see the truth. To win and then never see your own guilt. That is definitely the northern mentality. No wonder we can't stop having wars. So many Americans see themselves as innocent.

IP Logged

merkelstan

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 6:10am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 4:41pm:
Because it doesn't. Trump does not have nearly the power that Putin has. Quite a lot of people in our various governments (especially our state governments) still believe in a multiparty free political economyand the rule of law. So do most (many? Cry) Of our courts.

That is much different than Putin's Russia. So far anyway.

There are a lot of people in our government who lie government like Putin's and want to make the U.S. look like Russia, but they haven't taken over yet.

While you have made some points that are true, this thread is about Russian "threats" and international politics, not comparative levels of individual liberty or the respective court systems etc. 

Given the steady drumbeat of accusations against Russia over the past 8 months with - with no evidence presented what-so-ever - I'd like to take a moment to reflect on some of the things I don't see Putin's Russian Federation do.

I don't see Putin's Russia interfering with foreign elections.

I don't see Putin's Russia interfering with foreign elections - not in the USA, not in Azerbaijan, not anywhere. I'm not claiming it's impossible that they have, but if the rabidly anti-Russia media with their Deep State friends can't dig-up any evidence to splash on the nightly news... it's a good bet there isn't any.

I don't see Putin's Russia accusing foreign countries of manufacturing WMDs with fabicated evidence.

I don't see Putin's Russia explicitly threatening to nuke other countries with "All options are on the table." rhetoric.

I don't see Putin's Russia imposing blockades and economic sanctions which kill hundreds of thousands of children.

I don't see Putin's Russia fielding a globe-spanning fleet of 19 aircraft carriers (11 super carriers) and support ships capable of engaging multiple countries at once.

I don't see Putin's Russia occupying 63 foreign countries with 700-800 military bases and installations holding a quarter of a million military personell.

I don't see Putin's Russia installing anti-ballistic missile systems into countries bordering the US which are intended to facilitate a nuclear first-strike.

I don't see Putin's Russia engineering coup d'etats in countries neighboring the US - or anywhere else, for that matter.

I don't see Putin's Russia arming terrorists and jihadis in other countries with a billion dollars of weaponry yearly.

I don't see Putin's Russia spraying foreign nations with hundreds of tons of atomized depleted uranium (nuclear waste with a half-life of billions of years), cursing generations of babies with horrific birth defects.

I don't see Putin's Russia murdering carelessly targeted individuals (with over 80% collateral damage) in defenseless countries via drone strikes.

I don't see Putin's Russia orchestrating false-flag sarin nerve gas attacks in other countries and blaming it on their government.

I don't see Putin's Russia explicitly making a policy of allowing torture of prisoners of war and abducted foreign nationals.

I don't see Putin's Russia using their army to defend thousands of acres of foreign opium fields, supporting brutal drug lords and international narco-terrorism while running airlifts to import the drugs into their own country.

I don't see Putin's Russia tapping the internet backbones and phone networks to scoop-up most of the planet's transmissions.

I don't see Putin's Russia forcing electronics manufacturers to implement hardware and software backdoors in computers and televisions and network switches.

And lastly, I don't see Putin's Russia starting wars.

In summary: Calling Putin's Russia out for lack of internal freedoms is a diversionary tactic from the topic at-hand.  Their military budget is absolutely puny compared to that of the USA and Putin's affronts, intimidation, threats and assaults on other sovereign nations are so miniscule compared to those of the USA that only a completely brainwashed, duped, jingoistic flag-waver would ever think of comparing the two.

Matthew 7:3-5
“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2017 at 5:02pm by merkelstan »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Stop Inventing Fictional Threats From Russia!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy