Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Consent of the Governed Important?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Consent of the Governed Important? (Read 1133 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is Consent of the Governed Important?
Reply #90 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 9:45am:
Jeff,

It seems Kaz and Don_G have brought you and I together.  I agree, kaz and I never established what we mean by left and right and as you say, they don't actually mean much.   

As I've noted, I know a few folks who think the Soviets were right wing.   When I tried to figure out why, its basically because they define the right as "things I don't like" or "meanies" or something of the sort.
Grin Grin I have to laugh to keep from crying. They are mostly ignorant people who have let ideology drive their thinking, and if the are of ripe revolutionary age, they can easily become what Louis Brandeis called "...men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." (That's from Olmstead v U.S. 277 U.S 479 (1928) if you have the time or inclination to read more of it.)

Edit: I got sidetracked: It's a very old Marxist tactic, part of their plan, to warp language to their benefit. If they can get ignorant people with compassion for their fellow humans to believe that anything other than left is evil, they win a lot of revolutionary age converts, willing to tear down America and Evil Capitalism and usher in nothing but Socially Fair Laws, so that the System can become Socially Fair...  Wow man, far out....

Have you noticed people starting to say "Only the Left is Fair, everybody else is... unfair! Cheesy

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #91 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 9:55am:
North Korea is an odd duck for sure. Its a communist monarchy.  By the standards of the French revolution(where the terms left and right came into politics) North Korea is both Left(commies) and Right(Monarchists). 

For others, I'm sure Jeff knows what a monarchy is.
A monarchy is a form of government in which a group, usually a family called the dynasty, embodies the country's national identity and one of its members, called the monarch, exercises a role of sovereignty. 
And very often owns the peasants who live or die at the Sovereign's pleasure, said pleasure often including the good looking virgin daughters of the peasants. Angry

It's simple for me because I have ended up with two pretty easy categories, barbarian and civilized.

(Note to others, if you don't know the difference between civilization and barbarism, you are not yet civilized. Barbarians are easy to recognize in most cases.)

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #92 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:58pm:
After saying something very clever, for which I commended you, don't just start jumping to conclusions on North Korea.

It's not anything like the US propaganda campaign makes it out to be.

You say our national government is using our tax dollars to try to make North Korea look good? Do you have proof of that?

If you want to know about North Koreans, ask South Koreans who have family in North Korea. It's exactly like talking to Cubans in America about Cuba. Cry

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #93 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:17pm:
So, please, enlighten us.  What sort of government is it?  Can you deny its a Monarchy?

Geez, the answer is that they are doing what it takes to create a communist system according to their best interpretation of Mao. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

He won't talk about it, especially as it's in the stage of a completely failed government needing badly to go to war, but incapable of waging war 'successfully' against any of their neighbors.

Communism will do that, make nations poor and weak. Cry

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #94 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 4:08pm:
You say our national government is using our tax dollars to try to make North Korea look good? Do you have proof of that?

No, I didn't say that and I didn't say it was to make N.Korea look bad either but I guess I could. Even though it's something a little different than just that.

First off I'll say that the US is demonizing N.Korea as it has all prospective victims. And then it just turns out that they never were the demons. It's proven by the US track record that the US is the evil demon.

It naturally leads one to believe that it's not true about Kim either.

Some truths can't be ignored or argued by you. This is one of them. And another is that your country is all fu-ked up, according to your own citizens. And mine's not!

A suggestion for you would be to find some valid criticism of Canada to change the subject.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #95 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:17pm:
So, please, enlighten us.  What sort of government is it?  Can you deny its a Monarchy?

So you're implying that Democrats believe that child molestation is moral?  That doesn't sound very moral to me

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #96 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:42pm:
First off I'll say that the US is demonizing N.Korea...
All those nuke tests and missile tests and promises to nuke America and take over South Korea are just made up propaganda? Cheesy

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #97 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 8:08am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:46pm:
That doesn't sound very moral to me
It's not. There is nothing at all moral about having a system of political economy (no matter what you call it) that entails rulers and ruled.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #98 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 8:10am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:42pm:
And another is that your country is all fu-ked up, according to your own citizens. And mine's not!

Are you saying French Canadians aren't citizens?

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #99 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 9:45am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:46pm:
So you're implying that Democrats believe that child molestation is moral?  That doesn't sound very moral to me

At least that's funny.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Consent of the Governed Important?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy