Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian Alert: Russia Warns US Not to Strike Syrian Govt Forces
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Libertarian Alert: Russia Warns US Not to Strike Syrian Govt Forces (Read 214 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian Alert: Russia Warns US Not to Strike Syrian Govt Forces
Jun 12th, 2017 at 11:38am
Print Post  
All libertarians should be paying close attention to this situation now. The US is intent on gaining complete control over Syria and has to meet Russia head-on in order to achieve that goal. Nothing has changed since Gen. Wesley Clark blew the whistle on the PNAC agenda for the ME.

Will libertarians be vocal in voicing their opposition to US plans for Syria? This was posted at antiwar.com and that's likely all that will be heard from those libertarians.

Russia Warns US Not to Strike Syrian Govt Forces
http://news.antiwar.com/2017/06/11/russian-fm-warns-us-not-to-strike-syrian-pro-...

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Re: Libertarian Alert: Russia Warns US Not to Strike Syrian Govt Forces
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 12th, 2017 at 11:38am:
Will libertarians be vocal in voicing their opposition to US plans for Syria?

Everything we are doing in Syria is ridiculous.  We shouldn't be there at all, and even then we are fighting on the wrong side, we're fighting on the side of ISIS who wants to topple the government.

Stupidity in action, and it's both parties as is usually the case

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 12th, 2017 at 11:45am:
Everything we are doing in Syria is ridiculous.  We shouldn't be there at all, and even then we are fighting on the wrong side, we're fighting on the side of ISIS who wants to topple the government.

Stupidity in action, and it's both parties as is usually the case

How strange! You can get this right even though your entire political ideology is opposed to doing the right thing. You don't understand that supporting the right in your country is as prowar as supporting the Democrats.

Both are rotten to the core, only the libertarians aren't capable in the least of challeninging either.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 12th, 2017 at 12:15pm:
Both [parties] are rotten to the core, only the libertarians aren't capable in the least of challeninging either.

Right, but only because of our numbers,  not our ideologies. 

You seem amazed that Libertarians oppose Military Interventionism.  It's one of our core principles!  Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 9:09am:
Right, but only because of our numbers,  not our ideologies. 

You seem amazed that Libertarians oppose Military Interventionism.  It's one of our core principles!  Smiley

You're usually good for a sensible reply and I commend you for that. No, I'm not amazed at all that those who profess to be libertarian are opposed to military intervention. I've never claimed that. What I have claimed is that they don't stick with it with any sincerity. They're Americans and they will always be talked into justifying aggression in other countries on some suggestion that it's defense, or terrorism.

I'm afraid that you're going to have to think in terms of numbers.

A more leftist ideology is legitimately in opposition to war. While the right always imagine that there is something to gain with wars in foreign countries, the left's ideology isn't motivated in that way. That's the reason why the R party has always been known as the war party.

The politics of your country are severely skewed right now. Trump brought in a lot of confusion with his false promises to the ordinary people which he had no intention of keeping. He was made president by the left obviously and the R party grudgingly went along for the ride.

We can talk about it if you have any ideas on how we can pursue the issues. We can even talk about how libertarians fit into the whole mess your country is in now.

Note: Make no mistake in thinking that the D party has been faithful to a more leftist agenda. Your country doesn't know anything left of center.

IP Logged

merkelstan

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Trolls will troll.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian Alert: Russia Warns US Not to Strike Syrian Govt Forces
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy