Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Every Libertarian's Way of Forcing Wages Down and Corporate Profits UP
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Every Libertarian's Way of Forcing Wages Down and Corporate Profits UP (Read 326 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Every Libertarian's Way of Forcing Wages Down and Corporate Profits UP
Jun 13th, 2017 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
AKA Right to Work Laws

There are even instances in the land of the gun where an employer can confiscate a workers' tips to make up a part of their wages.

This is an example of libertarian principles gone over the edge.

But do all libertarians agree with these examples of theft being allowed to happen. Or do some find some reason to rise above it.

The thing is libertarians, if you hate unions you have only one reason for it. You make less than your union counterpart. And you're intent on driving everybody else down to the level of the gutter with you. A falling tide grounds everybody's boat!

It's the American way that libertarians all express their scorn and derision over. They think they can have it both ways.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Every Libertarian's Way of Forcing Wages Down and Corporate Profits UP
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Libertarianism is based on the ideology that it doesn't matter whether a man is rich or poor - he has the same right to do as he wishes with his own things.

That means that if I don't want to be forced to take my one single dime and pay it all to the person who offers me a piece of candy for five cents (because that's just too low; it's not fair) then I can't complain about the rich man doing as he likes with his quadrillions of dimes.

If you do believe in that tit-for-tat - that these acts are equal in principle - you're a libertarian. If you don't believe that, you're not.

For my part I would like to see people treated equally.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 11:21pm:
Libertarianism is based on the ideology that it doesn't matter whether a man is rich or poor - he has the same right to do as he wishes with his own things.

+1

The Opposition wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 11:21pm:
For my part I would like to see people treated equally.

In the eyes of the Law, we should all be treated equally.

But as an employer, i don't want to be forced to treat everyone equally.  If there are 2 people applying for a position at my company, and they have identical credentials with the exception that one of them is a registered sex offender, I want the right to discriminate and hire the guy without a criminal record.   I don't want the government telling me I have to hire the sex offender because he is part of a special government program to fast-track criminals back into the work force.

The government has no business dictating hiring practices of a private company  ( UNLESS the private company is under government contract.)

IP Logged

kaz

Small Government Libertarian

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 11:01pm:
Every Libertarian's Way of Forcing Wages Down and Corporate Profits UP )

The goal isn't to drive down wages, it's to drive up profits.  We gladly pay more when we get more.  Workers like everyone else get paid what they are worth.  You want more money?  Work harder

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him - Groucho Marx

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way - Mark Twain

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 11:46am:
The goal isn't to drive down wages, it's to drive up profits.  We gladly pay more when we get more.  Workers like everyone else get paid what they are worth.  You want more money?  Work harder

You're obviously baiting me with that kind of extremist views but that's o.k. with me.

Maybe workers in your country get paid what they are worth?

Women and black people get paid less than men and white people so that makes them worth less according to you.

So it has to be an attempt at baiting because otherwise you could be seen as about as evil as Americans can get.

I don't think you are. I think you go to extremes to get attention. You serve a useful purpose!

IP Logged

kaz

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:09pm:
You're obviously baiting me with that kind of extremist views but that's o.k. with me.

Maybe workers in your country get paid what they are worth?

Women and black people get paid less than men and white people so that makes them worth less according to you.

So it has to be an attempt at baiting because otherwise you could be seen as about as evil as Americans can get.

I don't think you are. I think you go to extremes to get attention. You serve a useful purpose!

Both gaps disappear when you adjust wages for experience and education, sorry, Charlie.

And yes, it's "extremist" to think you control your own wages by taking the best job.  Only out of the mouth of Marxists ...

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him - Groucho Marx

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way - Mark Twain

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:12pm:
Both gaps disappear when you adjust wages for experience and education, sorry, Charlie.

No, they don't disappear. But at least now you are obviously talking to your political ideology so I know it's honest and not baiting.

With you, I'm just going to entertain your ideas as long as they are respectful and sensible. Otherwise, you don't get anymore attention from me.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
The gaps don't disappear but they do get smaller when controlled for experience, occupation, education, and actual hours worked.  The gap for women is especially small when comparing apples to apples, women earn approximately 96% of men.

IP Logged

kaz

Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:23pm:
No, they don't disappear. But at least now you are obviously talking to your political ideology so I know it's honest and not baiting.

With you, I'm just going to entertain your ideas as long as they are respectful and sensible. Otherwise, you don't get anymore attention from me.

It cracks me up how you keep insulting me while crying that you get it back.

Teacher, kaz is mean to me!

Teacher:  Why don't you stop insulting him then you little shit? ...

Hey Don, how many tissue boxes have you gone through since I joined the site?  You sure do cry a lot.

Here's a tip. If you want to keep dishing it out, learn to take it.  Or alternatively, buy more tissues, you big baby.

I've offered to stop insulting you if you stop insulting me.  You're the one who passed, girlie

IP Logged

kaz

Reply #9 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:15pm:
The gaps don't disappear but they do get smaller when controlled for experience, occupation, education, and actual hours worked.  The gap for women is especially small when comparing apples to apples, women earn approximately 96% of men. 

That would clearly be within the margin of error:

1)  Older men in the work force earn more than older women, but that's going away as the old retire and are replaced by the young

2)  Men historically have more education, though again that's disappearing and even reversing as more women are now getting degrees

3)  Women take more time off for children

4)  Men continue to get more higher paying science degrees

And with that, you think 4% accuracy is even measurable?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Every Libertarian's Way of Forcing Wages Down and Corporate Profits UP
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy