Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Every Libertarian's Way of Forcing Wages Down and Corporate Profits UP
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Every Libertarian's Way of Forcing Wages Down and Corporate Profits UP (Read 605 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Every Libertarian's Way of Forcing Wages Down and Corporate Profits UP
Reply #10 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 11:46am:
The goal isn't to drive down wages, it's to drive up profits.  We gladly pay more when we get more.  Workers like everyone else get paid what they are worth.  You want more money?  Work harder
Work smarter, so that you can get more done with less effort and time expended. Help your company to prosper- Alternatively, if you  work for a nasty bunch of greedy shits, try to sabotage the company so you will be out of work.

Best yet, start your own business, so then you can be the greedy shit making a fortune without working! Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
I think that in the system of socially responsible capitalism,  every college graduate will be afforded both debt forgiveness and the award to them of their own profitable business, so they can be CEO's like they are entitled to be. Cheesy

Anything less would be unfair!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:15pm:
The gaps don't disappear but they do get smaller when controlled for experience, occupation, education, and actual hours worked.  The gap for women is especially small when comparing apples to apples, women earn approximately 96% of men. 

No, it's not 96% but even if it was it would warrant your objections to the practice.

One of the flaws in your logic is thinking that you can compare apples to apples. The reason why you can't is because the jobs women do are traditionally paying less.

That's libertarian thinking on a more elevated level for you. You've given me some indications that you will be able to understand. Maybe others would understand too but they won't admit it.

For example, if women were predominantly working in the mechanical and technical trades, they would be paid less. And if men were working in offices as secretaries, they would be paid more than those women in the trades. Give it some thought!

IP Logged

merkelstan

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 11:01pm:
AKA Right to Work Laws

There are even instances in the land of the gun where an employer can confiscate a workers' tips to make up a part of their wages.

This is an example of libertarian principles gone over the edge.

But do all libertarians agree with these examples of theft being allowed to happen. Or do some find some reason to rise above it.

The thing is libertarians, if you hate unions you have only one reason for it. You make less than your union counterpart. And you're intent on driving everybody else down to the level of the gutter with you. A falling tide grounds everybody's boat!

It's the American way that libertarians all express their scorn and derision over. They think they can have it both ways.

So all a poor country needs to do to become rich is mandate a high minimum wage?

"Obviously, the lack of any evidence just proves Russia is behind the lack of evidence." - AZJoe

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
So all a poor country needs to do to become rich is mandate a high minimum wage?

No. Maybe a minimum wage doesn't even have to be mandated if the society practices socially responsible capitalism.

This is where one of the jerks, either Jeff or kaz, says that everybody earns what he/she is worth. Baloney!

Greedy capitalism pays as little as possible with no intrest in the least on how much a person needs to live a reasonably secure life.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 2:03pm:
No. Maybe a minimum wage doesn't even have to be mandated if the society practices socially responsible capitalism.
There it is again, "socially responsible capitalism", the same system of political economy you claim to have explained to mind damaged ignorant me many, many times.

Except you haven't and you won't.

You are either ignorant or ashamed.

Either way, you will never, ever explain what you mean by "socially responsible capitalism".

To explain it clearly will identify you as a traitor to our Constitution. All it takes is three people to say "Yes, I heard her say that she was working to destroy our American system of government". Then you can be executed legally as a traitor.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 4:56pm:
There it is again, "socially responsible capitalism", the same system of political economy you claim to have explained to mind damaged ignorant me many, many times.

Except you haven't and you won't.

You are either ignorant or ashamed.

Either way, you will never, ever explain what you mean by "socially responsible capitalism".

To explain it clearly will identify you as a traitor to our Constitution. All it takes is three people to say "Yes, I heard her say that she was working to destroy our American system of government". Then you can be executed legally as a traitor.
I realize that was pretty harsh Don, but I would only be one of three attesting to the fact that we had heard you advocate for destroying Constitutional government in America... It sounded like plotting to me...

Of course you are safe if you are a French Canadian, maybe. I'm not really sure... That's a Canadian problem...

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #17 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 2:03pm:

This is where one of the jerks, either Jeff or kaz, says that everybody earns what he/she is worth. Baloney!

Greedy capitalism pays as little as possible with no intrest in the least on how much a person needs to live a reasonably secure life.

Everyone earns what they are worth for sure.  If you're overpaid, someone takes your job for less.  If you're underpaid, you quit and find a better job.

It's how capitalism works.  Workers are free to fire their employer and get a better job any time they want.  The hiring market is intensely competitive

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:19pm:
Everyone earns what they are worth for sure.
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry

Hot damn you're a naive fool...

Where does this magic shit happen?

North Korea or Iran or... Well of course, Cuba... Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:41pm:
It cracks me up how you keep insulting me while crying that you get it back.

Teacher, kaz is mean to me!

Teacher:  Why don't you stop insulting him then you little shit? ...

Hey Don, how many tissue boxes have you gone through since I joined the site?  You sure do cry a lot.

Here's a tip. If you want to keep dishing it out, learn to take it.  Or alternatively, buy more tissues, you big baby.

I've offered to stop insulting you if you stop insulting me.  You're the one who passed, girlie

I've already told you, no deal. I like it the way it is.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Every Libertarian's Way of Forcing Wages Down and Corporate Profits UP
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy