Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Leftists are domestic terrorists
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Leftists are domestic terrorists (Read 821 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Leftists are domestic terrorists
Reply #10 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 9:19pm:
Dude, you're endorsing it. You're not an American and I see no halo on you either. You're not doing it yourself and there's a difference, but from your posts I can't help but think you don't think it's wrong.

It was just a quick answer to the idiot. I should have also said that Rightist Americans are terrorists too.

Wasn't it a sort of silly assertion anyway to say that leftists are terrorists? And you, the genius, bought into it?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 10:30pm:
It was just a quick answer to the idiot. I should have also said that Rightist Americans are terrorists too.

Wasn't it a sort of silly assertion anyway to say that leftists are terrorists? And you, the genius, bought into it?

I never said I did buy into it, though I have noticed that the Left is much more violent than the Right. Typically we accept hyperbole from our compatriots as fair play and call our enemies idiots for being objectively wrong when they engage in it. Note that I do not do this.

Yes, everyone from any group has the potential to be a terrorist. Some are less likely, some are more. Because individualism should reign, that's irrelevant, isn't it?

Also, Dissident isn't an idiot.

You know, I think it's something to be grateful for that there are people with different opinions. For every opinion I meet that's different than mine, I am grateful. Hate if you like but I feel the wise man engages adversaries in debate, if only to use these convenient scratching posts to cut away the chaff of our own arguments.

So try it. Engage the enemy. Don't run from them.

This is discourse. You're not going to die.

So there's nothing to lose. The people who think differently than you can surprise you.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 11:29pm:
I never said I did buy into it, though I have noticed that the Left is much more violent than the Right.

We don't need to go any further than that before you substantiate that statement.

Quote:

I didn't suggest he/she was an idiot.

Quote:
So try it. Engage the enemy. Don't run from them.

This is discourse. You're not going to die.

So there's nothing to lose. The people who think differently than you can surprise you.

I'm not running from anything! Pay attention! Hit me with your best and you'll get a full response. Only don't try playing the stupid mind games with me because I know you are no genius. you've consistently run from any hard questions. I won't do that, I'll just be honest and say I don't know if that's the case.

But most of all get over the patriotism that's making you so contrary all the time. Your shit country isn't worth defending right now and mine is. Too bad!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 11:46pm:
We don't need to go any further than that before you substantiate that statement.

You want to play? Let's play. Video or photo evidence. I give you two. You give me one. I give you two. You give me one.

If you have the last laugh, I lose.

Don_G wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 11:46pm:
I didn't suggest he/she was an idiot.

Then you suggested Kaz was an idiot. I doubt this as well.

Also, insulting counts as running, because you are avoiding the argument.

Nothing I am doing is mind games. I'm actually being completely honest, and the only reason my brilliant mind exists is so that I can challenge people. Whenever someone's "this-that-good-bad" wall is actually broken down, even for a second, I have served my purpose.

So consider that the positions you think are idiotic might not be. Consider that it might be equally okay for every race to engage in cohesiveness and self-preservation. Don't accept it (because it's not right), just consider it and see where it takes you.

kaz wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 10:29pm:
Of course it is, at least for Don.  He says smaller government is racist.

This is only because he hasn't got the best version of the argument because he hasn't accepted yet that I'm smarter than god and adopted it.

If I'm going to go watching handegg, I don't want to see Browns versus Lions; I want to see Patriots versus Packers. And you two have enough adrenaline to make that happen. I can provide the best passes, tackles, and interceptions.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:12am:

Nothing I am doing is mind games. I'm actually being completely honest, and the only reason my brilliant mind exists is so that I can challenge people. Whenever someone's "this-that-good-bad" wall is actually broken down, even for a second, I have served my purpose. [/quote]

It's just mind games to me because it's nearly all nonsensical babbling. I'm sure you think you are being completely honest and so that's the reason why I doubt you have anything special in intelligence.

For instance, it's not even interesting to me to start arguing the point of whether the right or left in the US is more violent. I can't even define who is what side yet.

If you want to try to point out that somebody is fighting violently for some specific leftist ideology then you may convince me.

Right not, I'll just point out that the teabaggers are rightists and they are quite often violent. They're also closely associated with neo-nazis and they are unarguably violent.

However, like I said, I could be convinced to agree with you. You would have to apply yourself though because I'm not going to read paragraphs on football, etc.

edit: It's worth mentioning to you that your videos don't tell me which Trump political stand they're fighting over. It's as likely to be leftist as it is rightist. And I'm not going to spend time watching them to find out. I probably wouldn't find out?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Alright, I've caved to your challenge and watched a third of the second one. I saw Mexican flags so I'm going to assume it had something to do with immigration. And so that makes my point on whether or not supporting/not supporting immigration is leftist/rightist?

The satisfying thing about the video until I got bored with it was seeing how bad the violence in the US has become. These American wankers are really mad. Where are the guns when they would have been useful?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
I would like video or photo evidence of racist violence within the last decade or so. It's now socially acceptable to punch Nazis but it is not socially acceptable for them to punch back, so they don't. Anti-racists are the violent ones now.

They're all humans and naturally disgustingly violent, but the West has reached a point of restraining the violence of the bad guys.

And I'll address your point about which stance is being attacked because it deserves it. You're right that the left and right in America are both mixed. Unfortunately you underestimate the stupidity of Americans. They're attacking Trump because they're the blue team and he's red. None of those attackers could make that distinction, so it's not fair to pick it apart and claim the violence is perhaps against Trump's left-leaning positions.

So in that way you could say that it has very little to do with the left or right, except that the attackers do almost always identify with the left. It's not too terribly meaningful, but when we say leftists in America, we mean the blue guys - what they identify as. Not each of their political spectrum tests' results.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 1:07pm:
I would like video or photo evidence of racist violence within the last decade or so. It's now socially acceptable to punch Nazis but it is not socially acceptable for them to punch back, so they don't. Anti-racists are the violent ones now.

They're all humans and naturally disgustingly violent, but the West has reached a point of restraining the violence of the bad guys.

And I'll address your point about which stance is being attacked because it deserves it. You're right that the left and right in America are both mixed. Unfortunately you underestimate the stupidity of Americans. They're attacking Trump because they're the blue team and he's red. None of those attackers could make that distinction, so it's not fair to pick it apart and claim the violence is perhaps against Trump's left-leaning positions.

So in that way you could say that it has very little to do with the left or right, except that the attackers do almost always identify with the left. It's not too terribly meaningful, but when we say leftists in America, we mean the blue guys - what they identify as. Not each of their political spectrum tests' results.

I know what colour is supposed to represent the left. None of that addresses an answer to my question. Think!

What do your videos show the fights being about? What leftist ideology or rightist ideology. It seems to be about immigration and so which side is leftist on that issue?

I don't think you can define any left or right in your country. You've more or less just admitted that haven't you?

I'm losing patience with you, make it quick and make it good.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 6:58pm:
Classical liberals and libertarians are on opposite ends of the political spectrum. Why should I bother even talking to somebody who doesn't understand that?

And I was just about to admit you had me on this one!

I was going to say, "You're technically correct - the best kind of correct. You got me on this one. What I really ought to have said is that I've noticed that people who identify as leftists are more violent."

But you don't have a handle on this either. Classical liberals and modern libertarians have almost everything in common. Personal freedoms. Property rights. The State being non-interventionist.

You keep telling people they don't understand but you can only counter with arguments like, "Why should I bother?" or "You're boring me." You don't actually explain why you're right.

You take the high position but you haven't earned it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 7:05am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 11:29pm:

What would you call him? A lying genius? (He lies every time he posts by means of the red flag at the bottom right of of each of his posts that says "I'm a liar.")

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Leftists are domestic terrorists
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy