Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Anarchists are only a theoretical model
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Anarchists are only a theoretical model (Read 1933 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Anarchists are only a theoretical model
Reply #50 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:10am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 7:36pm:
Sure, for people who have them.
In civilized societies, even delusional  individuals who image that rights don't apply to them are afforded rights and liberty and opportunities just like those of us who know we have rights.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:14am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 7:45pm:
The fact that you libertarians preach equality but you have so many rights no one could possibly imagine that your 16-tonne pile of them can possibly exist without some people not having that.
It's called individual liberty. It's a fundamental of classic liberal political economic thought. You are free to do anything and everything, provided that what you do does not harm others or deny their equal right to individual liberty.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:22am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 9:49pm:
So evil people shouldn't have rights. Gotcha.

People who actually commit evil acts, like murder, should certainly lose their rights.

Evil minded lizard brained individuals like you who don't actually kill people (even though you would like to) retain the free exercise of their rights.

That's what you do all the time, freely exercise the rights you claim you don't have.

Every time you post on this forum, you freely exercise your right to free speech. OK, except when you threaten to kill people by tossing them out of helicopters or shooting them in the ear with a .22, then you are committing assault, which you have no right to do...

I know this is too hard for you... If only you hadn't wasted a potentially good brain. Cry

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:22am:
People who actually commit evil acts, like murder, should certainly lose their rights.

Evil minded lizard brained individuals like you who don't actually kill people (even though you would like to) retain the free exercise of their rights.

You just said you're fine with me not having rights.

That's what you do all the time, freely exercise the rights you claim you don't have.

Every time you post on this forum, you freely exercise your right to free speech.

You're the one who doesn't understand a milligram of this nonsense. Being on someone else's property - the owner of this forum - is not a right, it's a privilege. The forum owner has the right to ban at any time for any reason. That means I don't have a right to be here any more than you have a right to be in other peoples' houses.

OK, except when you threaten to kill people by tossing them out of helicopters or shooting them in the ear with a .22, then you are committing assault, which you have no right to do...

First of all, that wasn't me; that was Norwegian. Second of all, libertarians will find ways to cause the same exact amount of harm (like constantly telling people to kill themselves) without stepping over that line.

I know this is too hard for you... If only you hadn't wasted a potentially good brain. Cry

Too hard for me when you demonstrate you know jack shit about rights at every turn. Suuuure.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:10am:
In civilized societies, even delusionalĀ  individuals who image that rights don't apply to them are afforded rights and liberty and opportunities just like those of us who know we have rights.

By whom?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 8:43am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 9:49pm:
You just said you're fine with me not having rights.

I'm a libertarian. If you want to claim you don't have rights, I believe you have every right to say that...

But it must be obvious to you that "mine" is an assertion of a right to property.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 8:45am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 9:59pm:
By whom?
The moderator/owner of this forum is affording you the right to speak here... Roll Eyes

OK, maybe just the privilege... but you can start your own forum if the owners of every existing forum ban you. Smiley

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 8:43am:
I'm a libertarian. If you want to claim you don't have rights, I believe you have every right to say that...

You're also fine with me not having any rights; not just with me asserting I don't. If I implied someone else didn't have rights you'd blow up and scream at me for advocating tyranny.

It just proves my point that libertarians are for rights... for libertarians.

Jeff wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 8:43am:
But it must be obvious to you that "mine" is an assertion of a right to property.... Roll Eyes

No, it's not. It's merely a distinction I apply to things I am currently in possession of. As anyone might say, "That nest is the blue bird's nest," to indicate possession, not property rights to that possession.

"Which bird's nest is that?"

"The blue one's."

It's perfectly correct without any implication of property rights.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 7:34am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 10:21pm:
You're also fine with me not having any rights; not just with me asserting I don't. If I implied someone else didn't have rights you'd blow up and scream at me for advocating tyranny.

It just proves my point that libertarians are for rights... for libertarians.

If you choose to never exercise your right to speak freely, that is your choice, and I defend your right to remain silent or speak, as you choose.

If you make a claim that others do not have the right to speak freely (or to choose to remain silent) then yes, I will say your intentions are tyrannical.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #59 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 7:36am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 10:21pm:
No, it's not.
Yes it is. Your statement that "I don't want people to steal my stuff" is a clear assertion of property rights.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Anarchists are only a theoretical model
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy