Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Framework for a New Libertarian Agenda
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Framework for a New Libertarian Agenda (Read 871 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: The Framework for a New Libertarian Agenda
Reply #20 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:06am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:01am:
You aren't a Libertarian either.  I'm not really obsessed with it. Do you even know what the word obsessed means?

I have an interest in Libertarian ideas. Just as you do.   An interest is not an obsession. 

Then why do you talk about the Libertarian Party all the time?

As for me, no, I'm not really that interested in the Libertarian Party and I have repeatedly said I'm not a member, so you have no insight.  I also rarely talk about the party.  You continually talk about the Libertarian Party while you don't support most libertarian values. 

I am strongly libertarian.  Why are you so obsessed with the party if you don't support the values they are based on?  It makes no sense to me.  The whole concept of being in a party is that you are stating an intention to support them even when they are wrong, or at least no different.  I'm an American and a libertarian, being in a party provides more conflict than support for that.

I'm just a small "l" libertarian.  My views are overwhelmingly for small government libertarianism, but I don't particularly care for the Libertarian or any other party.  Though I do often vote for the Libertarian Party as the other parties are terrible

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #21 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:33am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:01am:
You aren't a Libertarian either

Re-reading, I said you're not a libertarian and you said you're not a Libertarian (sic) either.

Are you a native English speaker?  You are aware that "Libertarian" is a member of the party and "libertarian" is just someone who believes in the ideology, no?  Did we have this conversation before?  Look, I don't jump on typos, but there is a fundamental difference writing a typo and not knowing how to write the English language and changing what you say because of it.

So if you meant to say I'm not a libertarian, you're full of shit, my views are overwhelmingly libertarian.  Back up your crap

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:33am:
Re-reading, I said you're not a libertarian and you said you're not a Libertarian (sic) either.

Are you a native English speaker?  You are aware that "Libertarian" is a member of the party and "libertarian" is just someone who believes in the ideology, no?  Did we have this conversation before?  Look, I don't jump on typos, but there is a fundamental difference writing a typo and not knowing how to write the English language and changing what you say because of it.

So if you meant to say I'm not a libertarian, you're full of shit, my views are overwhelmingly libertarian.  Back up your crap

I am a member of the Libertarian Party.  Ergo, I must be a libertarian. Is this your point?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:25pm:
I am a member of the Libertarian Party.  Ergo, I must be a libertarian. Is this your point?

And you seem to be representative of the Libertarian party with your exclusionist attitude. Political parties that are intent on succeeding don't allow that. They accept the views of others, bring them into the folds of the party, and then attempt to modify thier views if it's really necessary.

It's usually not necessary because all political parties have a right and a left wing.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #24 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:25pm:

Um ... no ...  Long time poster, first time reader?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #25 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:38pm:
And you seem to be representative of the Libertarian party with your exclusionist attitude. Political parties that are intent on succeeding don't allow that. They accept the views of others, bring them into the folds of the party, and then attempt to modify thier views if it's really necessary.

It's usually not necessary because all political parties have a right and a left wing.

Now that's funny.  The elitist mentality is the only thing you authoritarian leftists have in common with the Libertarian Party

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:47pm:
Now that's funny.  The elitist mentality is the only thing you authoritarian leftists have in common with the Libertarian Party

You have no stake in the Libertarian party and likely no interest either. The Chief does and so that's why I'm trying to find some common ground with him. The message is pretty clear and is true for any political party.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #27 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:55pm:
You have no stake in the Libertarian party and likely no interest either. The Chief does and so that's why I'm trying to find some common ground with him. The message is pretty clear and is true for any political party.

I just pointed out that the first thing you did to connect with him was to criticize the only thing you have in common with libertarians.  Leftists and the Libertarian Party are elitists.  The Libertarian Party has all their stupid litmus/purity tests.  A few.

1)  National ID / illegal immigration.  They are against the ID because they are for illegal immigration, and if you aren't (according to them), you fail the purity test

2)  War on Terror - I'm against the war on terror in that we need to fight it better.  We should follow the Constitution and be defensive rather than offensive.  If individuals want to go fight the war as Americans joined the British Military before we entered WWII, fine.  But the government should be protecting us.

However, Libertarian Party elitists go beyond that and don't process reality not recognizing the threat or wanting us to deal with it.  It's a messed up world with no easy answers.  Libertarian Party denial of the threat is no good answer.  Libertarians I respect have a more active agenda for terror than I do.  I'm willing to at least engage in the discussion.

On the other hand, the party is not.  Neal Boorz has done more for the growth of the party than anyone, yet he got attacked for speaking at the convention in the purity test.  The party overwhelmingly covers their ears when they hear things they don't like, like you do

The Party as the elitists they are don't like polling more than 1-2%.  When they do, they get more radical to turn off more people to protect their status as the elitists they are

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:55pm:

To be clear, I am a member of the Libertarian Party, but aside from the donations I give annually, I don't really have any stake in the Party.  Actually, I have a beef with the LNC for their piss-poor choice for Libertarian Presidential Nominee last November.    What a mess! 

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
What did Boortz say that the party didn't want to hear?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Framework for a New Libertarian Agenda
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy