Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Framework for a New Libertarian Agenda
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Framework for a New Libertarian Agenda (Read 573 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Small Government Libertarian

Re: The Framework for a New Libertarian Agenda
Reply #30 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:10pm:
To be clear, I am a member of the Libertarian Party, but aside from the donations I give annually, I don't really have any stake in the Party.  Actually, I have a beef with the LNC for their piss-poor choice for Libertarian Presidential Nominee last November.    What a mess! 

I totally agree.  Gary Johnson is just awful.  He's not even really a libertarian.  Every time they ask him a question about libertarianism, he gets a deer in the headlights stare and looks like he's trying to figure out what his answer is supposed to be.

I mentioned that to my brother who is very much like me politically before Johnson was nominated (again).  He said he'd never seen that.  Then after the debate, he came back to me and said OK, I see it now ... LOL.

Yet I voted for him.  I stood in front of the voting booth and asked myself if there's any way I could vote for Trump.  The answer came back, no, and I voted for Gary.  I live in North Carolina, a swing State.  But even my disgust in Hillary couldn't get me to pull the lever for Trump.  I don't trust him and he's a pig.

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him - Groucho Marx

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way - Mark Twain

IP Logged

kaz

Reply #31 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:12pm:
What did Boortz say that the party didn't want to hear?

He supported the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

What I don't like about Boortz's view is that he just supports the wars.  I could understand if he said we are there and if we stay the troops need to defend themselves and the troops aren't leaving.   But he just supports the wars.

Two issues that I just know a lot of people who are very solid libertarians on that I disagree with are abortion and the war on terror.  I oppose both and don't see how government being involved in abortion or fighting the war on terror (at least as we fight it) are libertarian principles.  But since they are so strongly libertarian on everything else, I just have to see it as those are something libertarians can just disagree on

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him - Groucho Marx

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way - Mark Twain

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:30pm:
He supported the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

What I don't like about Boortz's view is that he just supports the wars.  I could understand if he said we are there and if we stay the troops need to defend themselves and the troops aren't leaving.   But he just supports the wars.

You support the troops being there and thereby support the wars too, just with some qualifications. I don't.

Two issues that I just know a lot of people who are very solid libertarians on that I disagree with are abortion and the war on terror.  I oppose both and don't see how government being involved in abortion or fighting the war on terror (at least as we fight it) are libertarian principles.  But since they are so strongly libertarian on everything else, I just have to see it as those are something libertarians can just disagree on [/quote]

Regardless of your preferences for the libertarian party, you are saying that it varies greatly. Libertarians disagreeing on some issues is my point I made with the Chief.

IP Logged

kaz

Reply #33 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:03pm:
You support the troops being there and thereby support the wars too, just with some qualifications. I don't.

You actually can't read, can you?  Or you just see what you want to see?  I have advocated across every thread that we leave, period. I support the troops, I do not support them being there.  I just said if they are there, they should be able to defend themselves.  I've repeatedly said it's the politicians who are f'd up, not the troops.

You have the mixed views.  You attack Republicans for what Democrats do, then when I ask, you say oh, you oppose Democrats doing it too.  Then you add that Democrats aren't as bad when of course they are.

Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:03pm:
Regardless of your preferences for the libertarian party, you are saying that it varies greatly. Libertarians disagreeing on some issues is my point I made with the Chief.

Good for you, Sport.  I never disagreed with that

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Forget it. My OP was just a quote from the communist party of Canada.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:28pm:
I hope you aren't surprised that libertarians don't much like communist ideas? Grin Grin

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:28pm:

I thought you had written that. 

Whenever you quote someone verbatim, you should make a reference to that person or agency. It could be something as simple as a hyphen followed by the persons (or agency's) name.

i.e. :     - Lew Rockwell        or      - Boston Globe    or    - Communist Party of Canada

Thanks!   Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 6:13pm:
I thought you had written that. 

Whenever you quote someone verbatim, you should make a reference to that person or agency. It could be something as simple as a hyphen followed by the persons (or agency's) name.

i.e. :     - Lew Rockwell        or      - Boston Globe    or    - Communist Party of Canada

Thanks!   Smiley

It wasn't verbatim so I didn't quote anybody. Check it out asshole.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:14pm:

Excellent. I've reduced you to name-calling.

You're regressing exactly as I had planned.

Thanks!   Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:14pm:

So you lied when you said "My OP was just a quote from the communist party of Canada."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Framework for a New Libertarian Agenda
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy