Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The First US State to Adopt Basic Income
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The First US State to Adopt Basic Income (Read 346 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The First US State to Adopt Basic Income
Reply #10 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:41pm:
That's the benefit of federalism.  We shall see what can possible go wrong in Hawaii and maybe a few other states. 

So, there is a real possibility that automation will essentially end work.  If we can have robot trucks and cars what can't be have robots doing?  If that comes to pass, what will libertarians propose as an alternative to having a bunch of starving people with nothing but time on their hands?

Well said but I don't think you are going to get anybody attempting to carry on a rational discussion on this board. I'll try.

libertarians likely have no answers because what they refer to as the welfare state is likely the only answer. But let's see what they're made of and if they can come up with something.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:41pm:
That's the benefit of federalism.  We shall see what can possible go wrong in Hawaii and maybe a few other states. 

So, there is a real possibility that automation will essentially end work.  If we can have robot trucks and cars what can't be have robots doing?  If that comes to pass, what will libertarians propose as an alternative to having a bunch of starving people with nothing but time on their hands?

That burden doesn't fall on libertarians.  It falls on the builders of the robots.  If everyone is unemployed because they were displaced by a robot, then nobody has any money to buy their robots.

The robot builders just painted themselves into a corner.

Anyways there's always the arts.  Any art;  sculpture, painting, music, writing, etc...Robots suck at it!!

Some robot drawings sold for millions of dollars.  Not because they were good (they were awful), but because they were the "first".

Robots are terrible when it comes to creativity.  Creativity simply cant be programmed.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:55pm:
That burden doesn't fall on libertarians.  It falls on the builders of the robots.  If everyone is unemployed because they were displaced by a robot, then nobody has any money to buy their robots.

The robot builders just painted themselves into a corner.

Anyways there's always the arts.  Any art;  sculpture, painting, music, writing, etc...Robots suck at it!!

Some robot drawings sold for millions of dollars.  Not because they were good (they were awful), but because they were the "first".

Robots are terrible when it comes to creativity.  Creativity simply cant be programmed.

You're totally lost and without any real direction. You're promoting the arts and that's just promotion of the nanny state.

I've far overestimated your ability to promote anything rational. I won't be taking you seriously anymore, I'll just continue to make my point on the various topic being brought up on this board.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:59pm:
You're totally lost and without any real direction. You're promoting the arts and that's just promotion of the nanny state.

LOL.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:06pm:

You don't understand that do you. The nanny state, as you libertarians put it, invent work. There's a lead for you so you can show what you're made of.

Nothing!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:38pm:
You don't understand that do you. The nanny state, as you libertarians put it, invent work. There's a lead for you so you can show what you're made of.

Nothing!

That's not even close to what nanny state means. You are throwing around terms that you don't understand the meaning of.

Libertarians regard Nanny state as being overprotective and interfering with personal choice. Overly intrusive government which burdens the people with ridiculous regulations and restrictions. 

In California, all carbine rifles must be equipped with a special recessed clip-release button that requires a tool to operate!

This is the stupid shit that comes from a nanny state.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
UBI is less coercive than the current nanny state. Sure, you still have the State taking some folks money and giving it to others but with UBI, you don't have the nanny bureacrats telling anyone what do for or with the money.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 3:19pm:
That's not even close to what nanny state means. You are throwing around terms that you don't understand the meaning of.

Libertarians regard Nanny state as being overprotective and interfering with personal choice. Overly intrusive government which burdens the people with ridiculous regulations and restrictions. 

In California, all carbine rifles must be equipped with a special recessed clip-release button that requires a tool to operate!

This is the stupid shit that comes from a nanny state.

Yes, I agree with your description of the 'nanny' state. But a part of it is in creating work. I can find you some references to that but I can't trust that you're willing to take part in a rational and decent conversation yet.

Do you want to try to help improve this forum? If so then you're going to get my cooperation on doing that. Even though it's almost irredeemable right now. Kaz is pretending to know something about anything? The Opposition is  off the wall. Jeff pending?

I don't see much hope with the current crop but I always keep coming back to you.

Can you just start to disagree with me in a respectful way and see if that gets you anywhere?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 3:32pm:
Do you want to try to help improve this forum? If so then you're going to get my cooperation on doing that.

I especially like this forum because there are no silly rules infringing on Free Speech. All Most of the other forums I vistit have a list of stupid rules governing the course of discussion and the decorum.   I find this forum refreshing in comparison. 

Even though [this forum is] almost irredeemable right now. Kaz is pretending to know something about anything? The Opposition is  off the wall. Jeff pending?

Irredeemable.  How many people do you suppose would agree with this term?  I'd wager none.  I challenge you to find another member of this forum to characterize it as irredeemable.

I don't see much hope with the current crop but I always keep coming back to you.

Can you just start to disagree with me in a respectful way and see if that gets you anywhere?

The "current crop" has been here for years. You're the FNG here.  You've saddled yourself with the impossible task of convincing thousands of Libertarians that their ideas are dumb and can never work.  And you seem surprised when nobody agrees with you.  (well, Bobk71 agrees with you on some things)

And then you foist Marxist ideologies on us.  Of course people will push back.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:59am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The First US State to Adopt Basic Income
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy