Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › This Forum...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) This Forum... (Read 657 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: This Forum...
Reply #10 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:56am:
That has nothing to do with your proclaimed motive for starting this thread. It's taking aim at me for what I've been doing on this board when in fact I've contributed to this board growing since I've been commenting here.

There doesn't seem to be any interest shown by the administrator to clean up the bad behaviour so It will likely continue. This is most likely the reason why it hasn't become a popular board for people who are truly interested in political discussion.

An interesting argument.  So the thread is directed at you because you came here and insulted everyone, and you chastise the moderator for allowing you to do it ...

Roll Eyes

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:49am:
There are some posters with some libertarian views.  You and the Oppressed among them.  Then there are those with no libertarian views I've ever seen, such as Dissident Right and Don

You pretend to be an authority on who is a "real" Libertarian and who is not.  You aren't.   Libertarians come in many different shapes and sizes.

If someone believes in civil liberties, non-interventionism, laissez-faire capitalism and the abolition of the welfare state, free markets,  he/she is Libertarian. Simple as that.

We don't need your "blessing".

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:08pm:
An interesting argument.  So the thread is directed at you because you came here and insulted everyone, and you chastise the moderator for allowing you to do it ...

No, the thread wasn't directed at me. Chief's next post was and that betrayed his intent in part. Too bad he didn't stay on track.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:10pm:
You pretend to be an authority on who is a "real" Libertarian and who is not.  You aren't.   Libertarians come in many different shapes and sizes.

If someone believes in civil liberties, non-interventionism, laissez-faire capitalism and the abolition of the welfare state, free markets,  he/she is Libertarian. Simple as that.

libertarians aren't unanimous on the abolition of the welfare state. Sorry to have to go off topic with you but you aren't showing any effort to keep this thread on topic.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:12pm:
libertarians aren't unanimous on the abolition of the welfare state.

Show me ONE Libertarian who is an advocate for the welfare state.

JUST. ONE.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:14pm:
Show me ONE Libertarian who is an advocate for the welfare state.

JUST. ONE.

Maybe on another thread that can be started on that topic.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #16 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:30pm
Print Post  

Tissue?

That's funny, you think you can post whatever you want and not have your views criticized.  Where did you get that stupid idea?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #17 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:18pm:
Maybe on another thread that can be started on that topic.

Run away ... run away ... Your typical response when you're nailed as SkyChief just did to you.  Why would an authoritarian leftist even try to argue you know shit about libertarian?    You're a hoot

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #18 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:10pm:

No, the thread wasn't directed at me. Chief's next post was and that betrayed his intent in part. Too bad he didn't stay on track.

This isn't Chief's thread ...

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #19 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
If someone believes in civil liberties, non-interventionism, laissez-faire capitalism and the abolition of the welfare state, free markets,  he/she is Libertarian

1)  OK, so you're writing "Libertarian" for "libertarian" on purpose, I get that now.  But since you're choosing to use the English language incorrectly, be prepared to confuse people

2)  Certainly the person you described has libertarian leanings.  But the definition you gave still left a lot of room for big government programs and regulations that are decidedly not libertarian.  For example, many say what you did yet still support Social Security, Medicare, unemployment taxes, the war on drugs, the war on terror and other military intervention, our ludicrous tort system and even things like single payer.

3)  I totally agree with your point here and in other posts on the welfare state, that is clearly contradictory to libertarian values

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › This Forum...
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy