Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea (Read 1276 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Aug 5th, 2017 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
http://www.newsweek.com/us-north-korea-war-mcmaster-646942

Not quite what it say but sabre rattling of the worst kind anyway.

It's likely that the US knows very well that N.Korea doesn't have the capability of getting a nuke through to the US. And the US also knows that  even if they did develop the capabiity, they would never use it.

Nuclear weapons are for defensive threats only!

But it would be interesting to speculate on the fact that the US knows that if N.Korea, their proxy is attacked, then China could hide behind N.Korea to launch one of theirs at the US. That would only come about if the US attacks N.Korea, nukes or not.

How do you folks read this one? To begin with, I think the headline puts too much into what McMaster actually said.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
The UN will go along... maybe they can get China to attack in concert with civilized nations that aren't looking forward to nuclear wars?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
The UN Security Council sanctions against NoKo is probably more symbolic than practical, but it sends a message that the US is willing to have peace talks with NoKo and that the US is not interested in a regime change.

I hope they buy it.  Undecided

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 5:29pm:
The UN Security Council sanctions against NoKo is probably more symbolic than practical, but it sends a message that the US is willing to have peace talks with NoKo and that the US is not interested in a regime change.

Well, I hope the UN enlists China and decides to neutralize the possibility of North Korea or Iran nuking anybody.

The best outcome would be to reunite Koreans under a civilized government. Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 5:29pm:

I don't see it as a willingness by the US to have peace talks with N.Korea. I see it as just another threat that young Kim doesn't respond to very well.

Russia, China, and N.Korea have the high road Chief. The US has a long track record of being the aggressor. As I've told you several times, over 37 wars of aggression since WW2 alone.

This differs from cold war times when the US could claim the high moral ground.

The UN General Assembly at least, is bought and paid for by the US. It's nothing but a hollow threat that the US will walk out of the UN. It's becoming increasingly likely that the US need to temper it's manners to prevent the other side from walking out now.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 6:26pm:
Well, I hope the UN enlists China and decides to neutralize the possibility of North Korea or Iran nuking anybody.

China has already done all that they are going to do, I'm afraid.  They stopped importing NoKo coal last month as a gesture of goodwill to the US, but Trump gave 'em the finger anyway.

We'll just have to hope that China doesn't sell NoKo any nukes for payload to their new ICBM.  Can you imagine how awkward it would be if Noko fired a missile at the US, and it was found to have a Chinese-made warhead?

Jeff wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 6:26pm:
The best outcome would be to reunite Koreans under a civilized government. Smiley

Right. Why hasn't the UN suggested this?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 6:57pm:
China has already done all that they are going to do, I'm afraid.
China doesn't want to join in with the civilized nations of the world in UN actions to prevent nuclear war?

Are you saying China is some uncivilized rogue barbarian nation?

Is that possible?

OK, as long as Communists control China, it's likely to be an uncivilized rogue barbarian nation. A stain on the long history of China. Angry

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 6:57pm:
Right. Why hasn't the UN suggested this?
Russia and China would veto it. Russia and China don't have civilized governments. Almost nobody does these days. Cry Maybe nobody at all anywhere... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry)

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
I don't see it as a willingness by the US to have peace talks with N.Korea.

But in the article you linked,  SoS Tillerson says:

"We would like to sit and have a dialog with them [NoKo] about the future that will give them the security they seek and the future economic prosperity for North Korea and that will then promote economic prosperity throughout N.E. Asia."

That sure sounds like willingness to me.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 7:33pm:
But in the article you linked,  SoS Tillerson says:

"We would like to sit and have a dialog with them [NoKo] about the future that will give them the security they seek and the future economic prosperity for North Korea and that will then promote economic prosperity throughout N.E. Asia."

That sure sounds like willingness to me.
It sounds like diplomatic blather to me.

North Korea will never be prosperous as long as the Communist Party is in charge. Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy