Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea (Read 2393 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Reply #10 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 8:09pm:
It sounds like diplomatic blather to me.

Is that not the job of the Secretary of State?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 8:33pm:
Is that not the job of the Secretary of State?
I hope not. When Hillary was SoS, her job was lying about everything everywhere that Obama was up to, by proxy anyway...

Diplomatic blather and lying aren't much, if any, different. If you think they are, you are certainly a tool. You can explain it all rationally if you feel capable. Cheesy It would be easier to just call me a 'drunkie' or something... Smiley

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
I don't see it as a willingness by the US to have peace talks with N.Korea. I see it as just another threat that young Kim doesn't respond to very well.

Russia, China, and N.Korea have the high road Chief. The US has a long track record of being the aggressor. As I've told you several times, over 37 wars of aggression since WW2 alone.

This differs from cold war times when the US could claim the high moral ground.

The UN General Assembly at least, is bought and paid for by the US. It's nothing but a hollow threat that the US will walk out of the UN. It's becoming increasingly likely that the US need to temper it's manners to prevent the other side from walking out now.

If the US strikes first, you call them the aggressor, but if someone else strikes first because they've been poked too much, you point to the poking.

You say Muslim violence against the West is justified, and perhaps you're right.

I'm only asking you to apply your own standards.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

stevea

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 6:27am
Print Post  
No - it says the US has a military contingency plan (well DUH).

NoKo want's to shakedown the US for billions in payments in exchange for agreeing to some non-proliferation/inspection program that they won't adhere to.
Review the 1990s missile issue, the 4 nation nuclear power program ....

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 9:30am
Print Post  
stevea wrote on Aug 6th, 2017 at 6:27am:
No - it says the US has a military contingency plan (well DUH).

NoKo want's to shakedown the US for billions in payments in exchange for agreeing to some non-proliferation/inspection program that they won't adhere to.
Review the 1990s missile issue, the 4 nation nuclear power program ....

I bet it works too. We'll send them money and food (again) and "young Kim" will stay in power...

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
The only thing N.Korea really wants is a non-aggression treaty with the US.

And in fact already has in effect because they have the protection of China.

The real issue doesn't even involve N.Korea in my opinion and I've stated that several times.

The equivalent is Israel.

China and Russia's goal is to stop US expansion of it's sphere of influence and power. The US goal is to continue to do so.

China and Russia have simply found their own Israel. Try to rise up to an understanding that makes a lot more sense than condemning young Kim.

The situation is stalemated but Trump likely doesn't have the mental ability to understand. His generals do!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Raytheon Boeing General Dynamics whoever etc. would be pleased if we and China together decided to wipe out North Korea's government and it's war making capabilities with lots and lots of cruise missiles and other cool modern instruments of destruction... Chinese ground attack pilots are probably salivating at the opportunity!

Why isn't this a good idea?

If we did that, we could avoid paying future tribute to "young Kim" and the people would stop being starved so we wouldn't need to send them food ever again! Smiley

It sounds like a win-win situation to me!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 6th, 2017 at 4:31pm:
Raytheon Boeing General Dynamics whoever etc. would be pleased if we and China together decided to wipe out North Korea's government and it's war making capabilities with lots and lots of cruise missiles and other cool modern instruments of destruction... Chinese ground attack pilots are probably salivating at the opportunity!

Why isn't this a good idea?

You mis-characterize NoKo as being a thorn in China's side.  They are not.   NoKo is a valued trade partner of China.  In fact, China is the largest supplier of NoKo's imported goods.

Diplomatic relations have become a bit strained recently because of tensions between the US and NoKo, but when push comes to shove, there's little doubt as to whom China will support in any hot war.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 6th, 2017 at 4:48pm:
You mis-chararacterize NoKo as being a thorn in China's side.  They are not.   NoKo is a valued trade partner of China.  In fact, China is the largest supplier of NoKo's imported goods.

Diplomatic relations have become a bit strained recently because of tensions between the US and NoKo, but when push comes to shove, there's little doubt as to whom China will support in any hot war.
So if North Korea nukes Seattle or Sacramento, China will be supportive? I find that hard to believe...

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 6th, 2017 at 4:50pm:
So if North Korea nukes Seattle or Sacramento, China will be supportive? I find that hard to believe...

I can't say.   But there's little doubt who China would support if the US tried a "preemptive" attack on NoKo.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy