Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea (Read 1280 times)
Morris

Libertarian's Forum

Re: US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Reply #160 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 11:55am:
...This is all about China asserting itself in it's sphere of influence and telling the US to stop meddling in the region. You could think of it as somewhat the same as the way the US uses Israel in the ME.

China certainly wants the US to stop meddling in the region. WRT the analogy, neither US backed South Korea nor US backed Israel are in the US’s region of the world, so South Korea is the US’s Israel of Asia.

IP Logged

kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Reply #161 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Morris wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:07pm:
China certainly wants the US to stop meddling in the region. WRT the analogy, neither US backed South Korea nor Israel are in the US’s region of the world, so South Korea is the US’s Israel of Asia.

The nuclear standoff between the whack job Kim and the US is not in China's interest.  They're clearly losing control over the Pyongyang nut job.  They liked it when NoKo irritated us.  But this is clearly a loss of control.  And they can't stop us at this point from taking him out if anything happens.  No way they wanted the situation to go to this sort of extreme

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #162 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Morris wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:07pm:
China certainly wants the US to stop meddling in the region. WRT the analogy, neither US backed South Korea nor US backed Israel are in the US’s region of the world, so South Korea is the US’s Israel of Asia.

Very sensible Morris. The facts as they exist are going to expose the real truth. There will be no US war against N.Korea and everyone who has considered the possible outcome is firmly convinced of that now.

The only real topic for conversation is to come to terms with discovering the motives of all the players in the game. We coult begin with contemplating what makes the US so interested.

I just can't buy the notion that the US feels threatened by N.Korea. See antiwar.com for their take on that. Saner minds even doubt that N.Korea has nuclear or missile capability.

Why do people buy into the propaganda that N.Korea isn't just interested in their own survival? It seems too obvious!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #163 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Posted at antiwar.com
A libertarian site by their own admission.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-north-korea-missiles-nuclear-scientists-649702

The lies and the facade of a threat must be kept alive. This kind of evidence does harm but doesn't reach the American people. Antiwar.com is libertarian, not antiwar.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #164 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:41pm:
Posted at antiwar.com
A libertarian site by their own admission.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-north-korea-missiles-nuclear-scientists-649702

The lies and the facade of a threat must be kept alive. This kind of evidence does harm but doesn't reach the American people. Antiwar.com is libertarian, not antiwar.

It doesn't really matter what anyone claims.  Trump isn't going to attack North Korea unless they initiate the hostilities.  So if they really can't, then we're good

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #165 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:47pm:
It doesn't really matter what anyone claims.  Trump isn't going to attack North Korea unless they initiate the hostilities.  So if they really can't, then we're good

If NoKo lobs 4 Hwasong-12 missiles into international waters 14 miles off the coast of Guam, will that be seen as a hostility?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #166 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:57pm:
If NoKo lobs 4 Hwasong-12 missiles into international waters 14 miles off the coast of Guam, will that be seen as a hostility?

I'll give you the correct answer later Chief. Play with the pig for amusement until I have time.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #167 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 3:05pm
Print Post  

If the missiles are not armed and they land in international waters, then we're not going to invade.

We really can't invade unless North Korea actually attacks us or our allies.  Millions will die even if we are able to shut down every nuke before we could take out all their artillery shooting at Seoul.

What's scary about Kim is that he really wants to actually attack someone and he's surrounded by yes men who tell him he's literally a God who doesn't go to the bathroom.  Comparing his level of crazy to China or Russia is absurd.  He's not a system which wants power, he's one crazy guy.

I'm sure the military is ready to take out every weapon possible as fast as possible in case he follows through on his threats.  And that's all we can do.  We can't preemptively strike when that many people will die, no doubt.

The left think that somehow by escalating their accusations against Trump that is somehow Trump becoming more crazy.  The left are morons

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #168 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 3:10pm
Print Post  

Chief, you see how it works now? Even pigs can be coerced into being rational when it's a competition to be recognized!  Roll Eyes

I'll get back to you with the right answer later.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #169 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 3:05pm:
If the missiles are not armed and they land in international waters, then we're not going to invade.

I sincerly hope you're right.  I'm not convinced our President will make the distinction.  He's painted himself into a hazardous corner with all the rhetoric of this past week. 

If NoKo sends over missiles to Guam, it will force Trump to respond in kind - Or walk the rhetoric back - which seems next to impossible for both of these bombastic leaders.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy