Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea (Read 3173 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Reply #170 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 3:18pm:
I sincerly hope you're right.  I'm not convinced our President will make the distinction.  He's painted himself into a hazardous corner with all the rhetoric of this past week. 

If NoKo sends over missiles to Guam, it will force Trump to respond in kind - Or walk the rhetoric back - which seems next to impossible for both of these bombastic leaders.

Yeah, it's worked so well having career politicians using diplomatic speech, they made so much progress.  Go through history and let's have a rendition of all the times you think passive speech to tyrants was effective.

What is fun with the left is how the question isn't the weight of the evidence, it's the weight of the accusation.  Trump's a talker and I don't agree with everything he's done, such as the missile attack on Syria.  But despite six months of continual accusations, he hasn't done the rash actions the left claim he will.

I'm not calling you left, I'm just saying don't buy their crap.  When Trump starts doing those things, then I'll believe it. Accusations are cheap and the left has been wrong about everything they ever said about Trump

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #171 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 3:18pm:
I sincerly hope you're right.  I'm not convinced our President will make the distinction.  He's painted himself into a hazardous corner with all the rhetoric of this past week. 

If NoKo sends over missiles to Guam, it will force Trump to respond in kind - Or walk the rhetoric back - which seems next to impossible for both of these bombastic leaders.

Chief, nobody seems to consider that the US is directly threatening N.Korea with their war games in cahoots with S.Korea on N.Korea's doorstep. Maybe it's time for a little realistic thinking on the matter.

Whatever China decides will be the best move by N.Korea, will be their show of strength. I'm willing to bet that N.Korea will be directed to do that in close relationship to the US sabre rattling.

Why not? The chips are all in China's pile now and the main thing is that the world is aware of how the demands of both sides have been laid down:

China will not tolerate a US preemptive attack on N. Korea.
China will not tolerate a N.Korea preemptive attack on the US or S. Korea.
The US will not tolerate a N. Korean attack on S. Korea or US interests.

It's stalemated and Trump is being kept under control. If he acts up the powers that be in the US will either jail him or find a bullet for him.

Come on back to reality Chief. YOu used to claim you were antiwar. Now you're miffed at me for keeping the facts up front and you're making a fu-king ass of yourself.

Is your intention to join Jeff and the pig on this board or do you want to be taken more seriously?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #172 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 6:44pm:
Come on back to reality Chief. YOu used to claim you were antiwar. Now you're miffed at me for keeping the facts up front and you're making a fu-king ass of yourself.

If you can't figure out I'm anti-war, any further discussion with you is pointless.  You're delusional and highly emotional. More than half of what you write is bullshit and/or outright lies.  Its nearly impossible to have a meaningful discussion with a person like you because when someone presents an opposing view to yours, you fling ad hominem attacks and call names.  You need to grow up.  Seriously.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #173 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 7:49pm:
If you can't figure out I'm anti-war, any further discussion with you is pointless.  You're delusional and highly emotional. More than half of what you write is bullshit and/or outright lies.  Its nearly impossible to have a meaningful discussion with a person like you because when someone presents an opposing view to yours, you fling ad hominem attacks and call names.  You need to grow up.  Seriously.

Seriously American? Seriously all this is my problem. All the condemnation we hear of your government by you Americans? All the hate we see displayed in the US south? All the killing of black people? All the violence throughout the world by US military nazi-like evil bastards? All me and my fault?

Start accepting your blame and maybe start thanking me for trying to set you straight.

Then maybe start to challeng me on anything that you think is my bullshit. You know, so you can own me again! LOL

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #174 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
BREAKING

Young Kim may stand down with the planned missile test to deliver four Hwasong-12 missiles into coastal waters off Guam.

Which is wise, because the US would respond with "Fire and Fury" - even if Guam was not directly hit by these missiles.

Kim Jong-un said he will watch the actions of the US before deciding whether to launch missiles towards Guam.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/08/north-korea-leader-briefed-guam-missile-te...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #175 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 15th, 2017 at 8:02pm:
BREAKING

Young Kim may stand down with the planned missile test to deliver four Hwasong-12 missiles into coastal waters off Guam.

Which is wise, because the US would respond with "Fire and Fury" - even if Guam was not directly hit by these missiles.

Kim Jong-un said he will watch the actions of the US before deciding whether to launch missiles towards Guam.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/08/north-korea-leader-briefed-guam-missile-te...
Nikita pounding his shoe on the podium at the UN was better theater and more believable. Just capture "young Kim" and put him in with the other crazies like John Hinckley and "Mad Dog" Mahon... or just kill him and his cronies. Is this another case of our political masters telling the people who have offered to protect us to "stand down"?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #176 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 15th, 2017 at 8:02pm:
BREAKING

China has advised young Kim on how far to push the US. If the US continues to threaten N. Korea then Kim will likely send a few missiles over so the people of Guam can see them.

Pay attention to my predictions on N.Korea and Kim, I haven't been wrong yet!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #177 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 15th, 2017 at 8:19pm:
Nikita pounding his shoe on the podium at the UN was better theater and more believable. Just capture "young Kim" and put him in with the other crazies like John Hinckley and "Mad Dog" Mahon... or just kill him and his cronies. Is this another case of our political masters telling the people who have offered to protect us to "stand down"?

The US is not permitted to touch Kim or his country. You know that Mr. Hyde but your pride is causing you to talk silly bravado again.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #178 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Aug 15th, 2017 at 8:55pm:
China has advised young Kim on how far to push the US. If the US continues to threaten N. Korea then Kim will likely send a few missiles over so the people of Guam can see them.

Young Kim wont be sending those missiles to Guam.  That would be the end of NoKo and Young Kim.

Reverse the chess-board.  How should North Korea respond if the US were to send ICBMs over there to splash down 15 miles off the NoKo coast?  They would immediately retaliate to the US aggression, and they would be justified in doing so. ( At least in the eyes of China.)

Young Kim may be crazy, but he's not stupid.  He will desperately try to maintain his regime. He will desperately try to keep China and Russia in his back pocket.  One false move by Kim, and he could lose it all. China and Russia will drop him like a hot potato if he initiates military aggression.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #179 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 12:13am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 15th, 2017 at 10:47pm:
Young Kim wont be sending those missiles to Guam.  That would be the end of NoKo and Young Kim.

Reverse the chess-board.  How should North Korea respond if the US were to send ICBMs over there to splash down 15 miles off the NoKo coast?  They would immediately retaliate to the US aggression, and they would be justified in doing so. ( At least in the eyes of China.)

Young Kim may be crazy, but he's not stupid.  He will desperately try to maintain his regime. He will desperately try to keep China and Russia in his back pocket.  One false move by Kim, and he could lose it all. China and Russia will drop him like a hot potato if he initiates military aggression.

No Chief, N.Korea wouldn't retaliate. You have to understand the other side of this too.

Americans are just not willing to think this issue through.

China is in the driver's seat and will be telling N.Korea what to do. If the US attempted to scare N.Korea with some close missile shots then China will use the opportunity to get in some of it's military advances it's working toward. That could be a blockade of US ships near it's newly created islands.

Besides MAD, we are now at a point of public appearances in the eyes of the world being most important.

Young Kim isn't crazy or stupid. Forget that idea. And China is not going to allow the end of N.Korea's regime. No more than the US is going to allow the end of S.Korea's regime.

However, the US is now coming closer to being in danger of a reunification of the Koreas. China will facilitate it when the need is more urgent and it will be done peacefully, with much US sword rattling. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › US Prepared to Start Preventive War Against N.Korea
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy