Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Sane Progressive
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Sane Progressive (Read 554 times)
Tom Palven
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Sane Progressive
Reply #30 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 7:35am:
My first thought, when I read the title of your post was that it was an oxymoron, that 'sane' and 'progressive' couldn't be used together...

Some reflection on the issue, thinking about long time friends and family members who think of themselves as 'progressives' but seem to be sane and rational people (most of them anyway) made me realize that it's mostly in the field of political economy that 'progressives' are insane. Not completely limited to that field, because the idea that using government power to make people/society/the world  "better" is insane also... I conclude that sane people who are misinformed and/or ill-informed can have insane ideas.

Why blather on for three pages about a link you haven't watched instead of just watching the video?

It's a fantastic video and you'd probably agree with it.

Lusignan apparently does an incredible amount of research and then lays it out for you, demolishing the case against Trump.

She may generalize, but doesn't lie or misrepresent, and if you think you've caught her in a specific lie please point it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqETSUDFAao

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 1:05pm:
Why blather on for three pages about a link you haven't watched instead of just watching the video?

It's a fantastic video and you'd probably agree with it.

Lusignan apparently does an incredible amount of research and then lays it out for you, demolishing the case against Trump.

She may generalize, but doesn't lie or misrepresent, and if you think you've caught her in a specific lie please point it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqETSUDFAao
Mostly because I think the "case against Trump" is a sideshow and I'm not really interested.

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 1:14pm:
Mostly because I think the "case against Trump" is a sideshow and I'm not really interested.

I know, I know.

The main show is "Let's annihilate Koreans!"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 4:28pm:
I know, I know.

No, that's a side issue too, unless the idiot really does nuke a city somewhere.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 5:08am:
When someone like David Duke supports a Republican, the Fake News are all over it.  When a racist supports a Democrat, they don't report it. That's how they manipulate people like Ahhell.  He's sitting there thinking every time he hears a racist endorse a party, it's the Republicans.  Of course he does, that's by design.

I know that. And did you know what racism means in modern day? If you want equal rights, as a white person, that's basically Hitler.

If you come out against Affirmative Action, you're worse than the Nazis. Racism's meaning has changed. References provided upon request.

Racists in modern day (meaning those who want equal rights and protections for whites) vote Republican. There are also racists who recognise the disproportionate danger of certain groups.

As far as people who would hate an individual based on the colour of their skin, I don't even think that &^%*ing exists anymore.

kaz wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 5:08am:
Did you know that the American Communist party hasn't run a candidate since I think it was the 90s.  They just endorse the Democrat in every election?

You probably didn't know that because the Fake News media doesn't report it for obvious reasons

I would assume they would.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #35 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 4:03am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 11:10pm:
I know that. And did you know what racism means in modern day? If you want equal rights, as a white person, that's basically Hitler.

If you come out against Affirmative Action, you're worse than the Nazis. Racism's meaning has changed. References provided upon request.

Racists in modern day (meaning those who want equal rights and protections for whites) vote Republican. There are also racists who recognise the disproportionate danger of certain groups.

As far as people who would hate an individual based on the colour of their skin, I don't even think that &^%*ing exists anymore.

Here's something I don't say to you a lot.  I agree!

Shocked

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #36 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 4:04am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 4:28pm:
I know, I know.

Moonbat

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 11:42am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 11:10pm:

And so you expose yourself as one of the racists too!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #38 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Aug 11th, 2017 at 11:42am:
And so you expose yourself as one of the racists too!

From the Klan's grand wizard himself, the only one in Canada.  Actually the only Klans member in Kanada.  Keeping your neighborhood safe from darkies, eh Archie Bunker?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Duck and cover.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint