Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › FREEING THE WORLD TO DEATH
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) FREEING THE WORLD TO DEATH (Read 135 times)
Tom Palven
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: FREEING THE WORLD TO DEATH
Reply #10 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 3:44am
Print Post  
stevea wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 10:20am:
Non-intervention  & non-aggression are valid libertarian issues.
The book author's wikipedia page & blog are ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Blum
https://williamblum.org/aer/read/149

Venezuela is a very corrupt narco-state and Cuba, has inserted 15,000 operative in Venezuela for the purpose of subverting the will of the ppl and to support the bogus recent election by the corrupt, dictatorial Maduro regime.

Is that sufficient cause to intervene  - eh' libertarians ?

It's undoubtedly sufficient for today's Bob Barr/Tea Party "libertarians."  These statist/collectivist/neocons want to collectively control the Mid-East, South America, Europe- the whole World.

It's not sufficient for the kind of old-fashioned anti-collectivist individualists of the early LP who endorsed non-intervention and the Non-Aggression Principle.

Preemptive war is initiation of force, the initiation of aggression, and a violation of the NAP pure and simple.

Huge, hot steaming mounds of statist/collectivist BS can't disguise that fact.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #11 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 7:28am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 3:44am:
It's undoubtedly sufficient for today's Bob Barr/Tea Party "libertarians."  These statist/collectivist/neocons want to collectively control the Mid-East, South America, Europe- the whole World.

It's not sufficient for the kind of old-fashioned anti-collectivist individualists of the early LP who endorsed non-intervention and the Non-Aggression Principle.

Preemptive war is initiation of force, the initiation of aggression, and a violation of the NAP pure and simple.

Huge, hot steaming mounds of statist/collectivist BS can't disguise that fact.

Bob Barr was a terrible candidate and yeah, he's a conservative, not a libertarian.  I didn't vote for him for that reason.  But it was really attention whoring, not his positions why they picked him

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 11:24am
Print Post  
stevea wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 10:20am:
Non-intervention  & non-aggression are valid libertarian issues.
The book author's wikipedia page & blog are ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Blum
https://williamblum.org/aer/read/149

Personally I find this a tiresome recitation of the obvious, like attempts to overthrow Castro, and loaded with shallow ideation - chapter titles like “What do the Imperial Mafia Want in Iraq?” or  “Hiroshima: Needless Slaughter, Useful Terror” - speak to a sort of 'hate USA first' attitude and paranoiac conspiracy theory ideation  that denies reality and ignores fact.  It ignores the causa belli in each case.

You've helping to provide justification for your country's wars before they're even started now!

Do you have a novel excuse or jusification for all 37+ wars that your country has started since WW2. Something that would justify the millions of people slaughtered in wars such as Veitnam and Korea? Did America FREE all those people from having to live?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › FREEING THE WORLD TO DEATH
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy