Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Progress toward Peace- US's biggest fear.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Progress toward Peace- US's biggest fear. (Read 1173 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Progress toward Peace- US's biggest fear.
Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/news/399414-syria-refugees-return-home/

This must surely solidify the roadblock the US has run up against. Syria is out of reach and that's likely a forecast of Iran's future safety from US aggression. Iran is honouring the nuclear deal!

As a side note, the blame can be placed on Obama for his cooperation with Putin which gave Russia the greenlight to move into Syria and assert itself working for peace.

Look now to US support of Saudi and opening of the Eastern front from which to threaten Iran. Also look to more robust cooperations between Iran and Russia.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Progress toward Peace- US's biggest fear.
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:58pm:
As a side note, the blame can be placed on Obama for his cooperation with Putin which gave Russia the greenlight to move into Syria and assert itself working for peace.
I can buy that you honestly believe the US is evil and deliberately causing wars but I really have a hard time believing that you actually think Russian and Putin are a force for good and working to establish peace in the world as their primary goal.  Comments like this make think that really are just a troll. 

I suppose supporting the Assad government can be seen as working for peace, peace in the Roman sense, peace through conquest and oppression.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:21pm:
I can buy that you honestly believe the US is evil and deliberately causing wars but I really have a hard time believing that you actually think Russian and Putin are a force for good and working to establish peace in the world as their primary goal.  Comments like this make think that really are just a troll. 

You can believe this dumbass. The US has started over 37 wars of aggression since WW2 alone.

Quote:
I suppose supporting the Assad government can be seen as working for peace, peace in the Roman sense, peace through conquest and oppression.

The Syrian people overwhelmingly support Assad as their duly elected government. Deal with that and stop wasting my time with the troll bullshit. Not to say that I won't be just that if it pleases your fantasies.

As an aside, every reasonably intelligent person understands that Russia doesn't give a rat's ass about Assad. Russia cares about Syria's existence and Russia's ongoing prominence in Syria. The US can't have Syria. fu-king period! Full stop!

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:41pm:
The Syrian people overwhelmingly support Assad as their duly elected government.

So again, I understand how you could believe the rest of that, its at least debatable, but this nonsense about assad's overwhelming support and election is well, crazy.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:41pm:
The Syrian people overwhelmingly support Assad as their duly elected government

Smiley

The Syrian people are primarily Sunni, and you think they "duly elected" a Shiite government?  Just when I think I can't think you're any more clueless than you are, you prove me wrong, you are!  And you don't just push the line a little, you blow it out of the park!

No wonder you didn't understand when I explained how the Sunni Shiite dynamic drives middle east politics.

My Gawd, that's just unbelievable.

Don:  You see, the Sunnis in Syrian elected Shiites.  That's what you Americans don't understand ...

Cheesy

What a wasteland you are ...

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:51pm:
So again, I understand how you could believe the rest of that, its at least debatable, but this nonsense about assad's overwhelming support and election is well, crazy.

Elections in Syria like most of the world have nothing to do with political ideology.  They are tribal.  No way Assad would win an election.  He's Shiite, the population is primarily Sunni.  He wouldn't have a chance.  Doesn't matter what his politics are

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:21pm:

He doesn't just support Russians.  He supports North Korea, China, Cuba and Venezuela as freedom fighters.  Seeing a pattern?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:58pm:
https://www.rt.com/news/399414-syria-refugees-return-home/

This must surely solidify the roadblock the US has run up against. Syria is out of reach and that's likely a forecast of Iran's future safety from US aggression. Iran is honouring the nuclear deal!

Look now to US support of Saudi and opening of the Eastern front from which to threaten Iran. Also look to more robust cooperations between Iran and Russia.

As screwed up and anti-freedom as Russia is, at least in Syria unlike the United States they are actually fighting against ISIS whereas we keep fighting for them.  Of course Russia is doing it for selfish reasons.  Their huge naval base, blocking the proposed gulf to Europe pipeline, protecting Iran from getting involved.  Still, they're on the right side at least

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 1:51pm:

Saying something is crazy doesn't make it crazy. You've been challenged again!

You need to stand up and debate the issue the way I do. I don't say something that I can't back up.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jan/17/syrians-support-assad-west...

All the problems in Syria were fomented by US meddling in Syria. This is common to all the problems in the ME currently. The Iraq war experience exposed that and yet most of the American people are willing to ignore the slaughter of over a million people due to US lies and false pretenses.

There is a small awakening in your country and that's even evident on this forum with the antiwar stance of some, staying true to their libertarian ideals. But not you! Why is that?

Are you a Democratic Party supporter? Why this illogical hate for Russia you are voicing so loudly now? Aren't you with the majority on this board who think that it's all a big fabrication against Russia/Putin.

Choose your side and then show some evidence to support your notion that Assad's government isn't the people's choice.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #9 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:20pm:
You need to stand up and debate the issue the way I do. I don't say something that I can't back up

Smiley Smiley Smiley

OMG, the race pig speaks again, and it's hilarious!  Your self perception.  Wow.  Promise me you'll never leave the site, wow, now that's funny

Don_G wrote on Aug 12th, 2017 at 2:20pm:
Choose your side and then show some evidence to support your notion that Assad's government isn't the people's choice.

If you knew ANYTHING about Islam and the Middle East, you'd know that hell would freeze over LONG before the Sunni population would support any Shiite President.  You just would.

Your ignorance on the world is completely profound

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Progress toward Peace- US's biggest fear.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy