Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Freedom of Speech
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Freedom of Speech (Read 5156 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Freedom of Speech
Reply #240 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 10:06am:
If you have something to say on the subject, go ahead, unless I've raised a point you can't address... Grin

I only wanted to ask you (and Sky, too) if your response would be the same if the case was the same, but the person was passing out untrue pamphlets on the adorable little slime eels the guy filling in his land extincted.

The eels don't even exist, the pamphlets just claim they do. They also claim there was some research into whether these slime eels could cure some types of cancer.

Again, if it's just going to degrade into you telling me to kill myself I'll pass. I want a discussion, and I don't think you do.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #241 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 7:02am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 11:01pm:
I only wanted to ask you (and Sky, too) if your response would be the same if the case was the same, but the person was passing out untrue pamphlets...
Yes. What are you suggesting, that anyone who wants to disseminate any information must have it cleared by government "Truth Panels" first?

Seriously, when it comes to political/government issues, who can decide "truth"?

I claim the FIJA information that was being handed out is true based on the history of juries beginning with their creation in England. So probably does the man who was handing them out.

If you have an alternate theory of why juries were created and why we continued them in the U.S., you are free to propose it. Even though it will be untrue, you have a right to your opinions and beliefs and a right to try to convince others that your ideas are correct.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #242 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:54am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 11:01pm:
I only wanted to ask you (and Sky, too) if your response would be the same if the case was the same, but the person was passing out untrue pamphlets on the adorable little slime eels the guy filling in his land extincted.

I stand by my last statement:

SkyChief wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 11:14am:
It may all be malarkey, but ultimately, it's up to the reader of the info to determine the credibility of the originator of the material.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #243 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:54am:
I stand by my last statement:

At this point, it seems probable to me that the lizard has no faith in it's own judgement, or maybe no judgement at all, so that it would feel comforted by knowing that the government would prevent anyone from ever lying to it, which would prove it has no judgement, or at the least, very, very bad judgement. Shocked

There's probably an official APA label for that sort of mental disorder... Grin

Red should know about it.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #244 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 4:51pm:
At this point, it seems probable to me that the lizard has no faith in it's own judgement, or maybe no judgement at all, so that it would feel comforted by knowing that the government would prevent anyone from ever lying to it, which would prove it has no judgement, or at the least, very, very bad judgement. Shocked

There's probably an official APA label for that sort of mental disorder... Grin

Red should know about it.

This is the reason I have no interest in talking to you. I wanted to have a discussion. You didn't.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #245 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 5:07pm:
This is the reason I have no interest in talking to you. I wanted to have a discussion. You didn't.
If you want to lay out some arguments that the government should prevent everyone from ever lying to anyone ever, go ahead. (Edit: Slime eels aren't germane to the discussion, please leave them out.)

Tell us something about how it would work too, thanks.

Will there be a bureaucratic Department of Truth?

I get testy when you bore me by asking leading questions that you won't answer, and also when you can't argue against what you suggest is bad.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #246 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 9:45am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Freedom of Speech
Libertarian's Forum