Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Libertarianism Possible Without Democracy?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Libertarianism Possible Without Democracy? (Read 1097 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is Libertarianism Possible Without Democracy?
Reply #70 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sure, go ahead. I hope it meshes with Jeff's version. Jeff is onto something that I'm interested in hearing so I hope it's his and he doesn't steal yours.
There's  nothing to steal.  It's simply an observation of what occurs in nature.  Jeff is perfectly capable of observing what occurs in nature.  So are you.  You may choose to imagine things not found in nature, but that is your right, of course.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #71 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 12:33pm:
There's  nothing to steal.  It's simply an observation of what occurs in nature.  Jeff is perfectly capable of observing what occurs in nature.  So are you.  You may choose to imagine things not found in nature, but that is your right, of course.

You seemed to find some hope in my comments on 'The Selfish Gene'. I'm not sure if Jeff would find anything in common with that because he's a Christian and most likely wouldn't want to show any agreement with what Dawkins thinks.

But anyway, go ahead.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #72 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I read that as saying that democracy is essential.
The following is not an insult, Don.  My profession is in the special education arena and I have a question related to that. 

Have you ever been diagnosed with a specific learning disability in reading comprehension?  They may call it something else in Canada so ask someone to explain what a specific learning disability is, what reading comprehension is, and what it might be called in the Canadian system.

In Texas, we don't tell special education students about their disabilities until sometime after their thirteenth birthday so if you are younger than that, you might not be aware yet.

If you have that disability, I am well-versed in how to help you and the other posters compensate for it so that you can be fully included in our board discussions.  I'm sure that even those you have insulted will be glad to help once they know that it's something you can't help.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #73 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 12:43pm:
The following is not an insult, Don.  My profession is in the special education arena and I have a question related to that.

Have you ever been diagnosed with a specific learning disability in reading comprehension?  They may call it something else in Canada so ask someone to explain what a specific learning disability is, what reading comprehension is, and what it might be called in the Canadian system. [/quote]
No! I think what you are witnessing is a stubbornness on my part to force libertarians to accept that they have no answers, and then move on to finding answers. I'm not insulted in the least. 

Quote:
In Texas, we don't tell special education students about their disabilities until sometime after their thirteenth birthday so if you are younger than that, you might not be aware yet.

Still not insulted because I have complete confidence in myself and the solutions I propose. But that comment does cause me to lose hope in you. I regret that.

Quote:
If you have that disability, I am well-versed in how to help you and the other posters compensate for it so that you can be fully included in our board discussions.  I'm sure that even those you have insulted will be glad to help once they know that it's something you can't help.

I won't refuse professional help when it's free. I might learn something about myself. But I 'will' discern whether it's well-meaning pretty quickly.

And it would get your issue out of the way so we can get on with finding possible solutions to the questions.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Damn! Just when I think I'm going to get something for free, burnsred turns tail and gets pissed off. Hellllllooooooooo?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #75 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 1:14pm:
Damn! Just when I think I'm going to get something for free, burnsred turns tail and gets pissed off. Hellllllooooooooo?

Patience, Don_G.  Maybe burnsred had to attend to more important matters.   

When our kids became impatient, I would tell them "Good things come to those who wait."  Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #76 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:36pm:
Patience, Don_G.  Maybe burnsred had to attend to more important matters.   

When our kids became impatient, I would tell them "Good things come to those who wait."  Smiley

Try not to make your patronizing too obvious Chief.

Burnsred attempted the ultimate insult because he became frustrated, then he went away for that reason. Sometimes when people like him play all their cards at once they go away for good.

I invited him to bring on the good things you mention!

I think I'm not being just paranoid in thinking that there's a concerted effort afoot to have me banned from this board. I think that quite a few have even openly expressed that wish. How about you mr. libertarian?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #77 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:40pm:
Burnsred attempted the ultimate insult because he became frustrated, then he went away for that reason.
I don't think that's even close to why he hasn't bothered to reply...

Reply to what?

For red to reply, there would have to have been some rational to the point reply from you, and there never is.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #78 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:40pm:
I think I'm not being just paranoid in thinking that there's a concerted effort afoot to have me banned from this board. I think that quite a few have even openly expressed that wish. How about you mr. libertarian?

I completely understand your fear about "a concerted effort afoot to have you banned from this board". If there is one, I'm not aware of it.   Scout's honor.

Most of the people on this forum ARE libertarians, Don_G.  They are very keen about what libertarianism actually is. When you wag your finger at them and call them "pseudo-libertarians", it demonstrates at least one of these things (possibly both):

1) You don't fully understand what libertarianism is all about.

2) You're a troll.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #79 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 5:30pm:
I completely understand your fear about "a concerted effort afoot to have you banned from this board".
I vote to allow it to speak freely here, even if it is a troll... Trolls can be very useful, I think.

The lizard was a better foil, but dear Donat, though not as smart, is also useful and should post even more!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Libertarianism Possible Without Democracy?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy