Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Libertarianism Possible Without Democracy?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Libertarianism Possible Without Democracy? (Read 779 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is Libertarianism Possible Without Democracy?
Reply #80 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 5:30pm:
I completely understand your fear about "a concerted effort afoot to have you banned from this board". If there is one, I'm not aware of it.   Scout's honor.

Most of the people on this forum ARE libertarians, Don_G.  They are very keen about what libertarianism actually is. When you wag your finger at them and call them "pseudo-libertarians", it demonstrates at least one of these things (possibly both):

1) You don't fully understand what libertarianism is all about.

2) You're a troll.

I understand and believe a proper form of libertarianism is possible, even for a large country.

You are a social misfit just like stevea but to a lesser degree and you are trying to promote the impossible.

Don't worry, you're learning and even demonstrate that between your fits of anger.

IP Logged

burnsred
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #81 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
No! I think what you are witnessing is a stubbornness on my part to force libertarians to accept that they have no answers, and then move on to finding answers.
My question was about your reading comprehension because I never said anything close to "democracy is essential" so I was wondering if there may be a cause other than deliberately twisting my words to make them say what you wish I had said instead of what I said.

I'm sorry if you experienced anxiety while I was gone.  Wow, were you just sitting their the whole time hitting the refresh button? 

It's my college-aged sons birthday (yesterday, actually) and I joined him and some of his friends for Tex-Mex, something Canada will likely never have unless they reform their exclusionary immigration policies.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #82 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 6:30pm:
My question was about your reading comprehension because I never said anything close to "democracy is essential" so I was wondering if there may be a cause other than deliberately twisting my words to make them say what you wish I had said instead of what I said.

You're the professional and you volunteered some free councelling. When does it start.

Quote:
I'm sorry if you experienced anxiety while I was gone.  Wow, were you just sitting their the whole time hitting the refresh button? 

How I answer that is probably not as important as what answer you want to hear.

Quote:
It's my college-aged sons birthday (yesterday, actually) and I joined him and some of his friends for Tex-Mex,....

Quote:
something Canada will likely never have unless they reform their exclusionary immigration policies.

We eat Mexican food and quite enjoy it. My wife and I lived in Mexico for a year on our boat. We don't refer to real Mexican food as Texmex but I think I know what it is. Isn't it the fast food you would get in Taco Bell?

Anyway, I think we are a little past the socializing with each other. After your insults/non-insults we're now into you helping me professionally. I suffer mental anxiety just waiting for it to begin.

burnsred, if you don't mind me saying, and it's not an insult, I think that nearly all the pseudo-libertarians on this site are social misfits. It's impossible to miss with Jeff and stevea, it's the most likely diagnosis for the Chief, and your comments that I'm beginning to preceive as rudeness are causing me to lean that way with you. What do you think.

As for Oppo, case closed.
Ahhell is my best hope for being able to hold one's feet to the fire. And he's pretty clever!
Kaz, you should have been here!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #83 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 6:26pm:
I understand and believe a proper form of libertarianism is possible, even for a large country.

If this were true, why isn't there even one on the planet? Hmmm? I'll bet your idea of a "proper form of libertarianism" invoves a Big government, excessive taxation, excessive spending/debt and and a Nanny State.

These things are the baggage that comes with any large democracy.  There's no escaping it.

IP Logged

burnsred
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #84 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You're the professional and you volunteered some free councelling. When does it start.
The service I offered has already started.  It wasn't "councelling" but rather help with your disability in reading comprehension.  I do that through what are called "accommodations" under U.S. law.  If you haven't noticed that I've been using simplified language and have emphasized the main points that is actually a good thing.  It's better to work with people with disabilities in ways that don't constantly remind them that they have disabilities which would shake their confidence.

I'll PM you a link with some graphic organizers for  you to download.  They can be very helpful in decoding what a reading selection is telling you so you can distinguish the writer's intent from what you expected or hoped the writer would say.

I'll also be PM'ing the other posters here with some tips to help you better understand their posts.

Quote:
We eat Mexican food and quite enjoy it. My wife and I lived in Mexico for a year on our boat. We don't refer to real Mexican food as Texmex but I think I know what it is. Isn't it the fast food you would get in Taco Bell?
No.  Oh, wow.  You really need to spend some time here.

Quote:
Anyway, I think we are a little past the socializing with each other. After your insults/non-insults we're now into you helping me professionally. I suffer mental anxiety just waiting for it to begin.

burnsred, if you don't mind me saying, and it's not an insult, I think that nearly all the pseudo-libertarians on this site are social misfits. It's impossible to miss with Jeff and stevea, it's the most likely diagnosis for the Chief, and your comments that I'm beginning to preceive as rudeness are causing me to lean that way with you. What do you think.
I think my work is cut out for me.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #85 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 6:56pm:
If this were true, why isn't there even one on the planet? Hmmm? I'll bet your idea of a "proper form of libertarianism" invoves a Big government, excessive taxation, excessive spending/debt and and a Nanny State.

These things are the baggage that comes with any large democracy.  There's no escaping it.

It's because you pseudo-libertarians aren't able to accept my realities of the agenda. When you do this forum could lead the charge!

I think it's unlikely because you don't seek anything of the kind. You are social misfits like stevea who are just angry at the f---ed up mess your country is in and so you turn to the only alternative that has at least a small gathering of support. I'm trying to turn it into something real for you.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #86 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 6:48pm:
I think that nearly all the pseudo-libertarians on this site are social misfits. It's impossible to miss with Jeff and stevea, it's the most likely diagnosis for the Chief, and your comments that I'm beginning to preceive as rudeness are causing me to lean that way with you.

This, Dr. Don, is precisely what I was talking about in my earlier post.  All the delusional, sanctimonious b.s. that you spew.

You can't possibly think anyone takes you seriously, could you?  Keep it up, though,  It's very entertaining. 
Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #87 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:09pm:
This, Dr. Don, is precisely what I was talking about in my earlier post.  All the delusional, sanctimonious b.s. that you spew.

You can't possibly think anyone takes you seriously, could you?  Keep it up, though,  It's very entertaining. 
Smiley

Oh yes, they take me serious and you telegraph that in your every post. Moreso than the others except Jeff when he's not drunk. Speaking of drunk, I think burnsred has tipped a few tonight too.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #88 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 8:10am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 11:10pm:
Oh yes, they take me serious and you telegraph that in your every post. Moreso than the others except Jeff when he's not drunk. Speaking of drunk, I think burnsred has tipped a few tonight too.
I take you seriously only to the extent that your delusional and confused proposals and assertions are based on the dangerous ideas of people you don't understand and probably can't.

To me, you are like a toddler who has picked up a half full gallon can of gasoline and is carrying it toward a campfire... That is, you are dangerous to yourself and others, but you don't know enough about anything to make it worth trying to engage you in an adult conversation.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #89 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 8:10am:
I take you seriously only to the extent that your delusional and confused proposals and assertions are based on the dangerous ideas of people you don't understand and probably can't.

To me, you are like a toddler who has picked up a half full gallon can of gasoline and is carrying it toward a campfire... That is, you are dangerous to yourself and others, but you don't know enough about anything to make it worth trying to engage you in an adult conversation.

I'll try to do better. Jeff, I think the answer to your question on why no libertarian government exists on the planet, is because no libertarians have promoted a sane libertarian government which could be supported by enough people.

In my opinion, the big sticking point is the issue of rights for a few libertarians, exclusive of the rights of others. We don't need to talk about it again though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Libertarianism Possible Without Democracy?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy