Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What, if any, Taxes are Acceptable in a Libertarian System?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What, if any, Taxes are Acceptable in a Libertarian System? (Read 367 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: What, if any, Taxes are Acceptable in a Libertarian System?
Reply #10 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 3:01pm:
Not right now, I'm in Liberland talking to the green people.

I must say though, that the people we see in Liberland are pretty clever in camoflaging themselves to look like trees!

Whaaatttttttaaaaaaaaaa!
You expect to be taken seriously by anyone?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 3:01pm:
I must say though, that the people we see in Liberland are pretty clever in camoflaging themselves to look like trees!

Those aren't camoflaged people. They are trees. Liberland is still an undeveloped plot of land between Serbia and Croatia.  There is no infrastructure as of yet.  But the Liberland government structure is well established.

The Cabinet has been chosen and the Constitution has been written.  Not surprisingly, it closely resembles the US Constitution in content and form.  I like Liberland's Constitution because it prohibits Taxes. there were other things that were appealing, but its been a long since I read it so I forgot what they were.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:12pm:
Those aren't camoflaged people. They are trees. Liberland is still an undeveloped plot of land between Serbia and Croatia.  There is no infrastructure as of yet.  But the Liberland government structure is well established.

The Cabinet has been chosen and the Constitution has been written.  Not surprisingly, it closely resembles the US Constitution in content and form.  I like Liberland's Constitution because it prohibits Taxes. there were other things that were appealing, but its been a long since I read it so I forgot what they were.

Who is getting taxed in Liberland, the trees?
It's obvious that Liberland is in your head.

I'll include the Libers now when I list all the sky fairies. LOL

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:46pm:

The organized government of Liberland is most likely surviving on the contributions of credulous people who are imagining it will eventually become a real country.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 8:06pm:
The organized government of Liberland is most likely surviving on the contributions of credulous people who are imagining it will eventually become a real country.

You must mean the contributions of water and nitrogen fertilizer. Those are their only two needs and with them they can go on to rise to new heights, perhaps never witnessed before!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 6:46pm:

No, dummy. I already told you THERE ARE NO TAXES. This includes the trees.

Why pretend to be this dense?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 11:04pm:
No, dummy. I already told you THERE ARE NO TAXES. This includes the trees.

Why pretend to be this dense?

You don't tax trees by making them pay money you fool. You tax them by denying them fertilizer and water.

https://www.theverge.com/2015/4/21/8457239/liberland-the-worlds-newest-country-v...

Quote:
Liberland pretty clearly doesn't pass the basic sovereignty test. It can't stop the Croatian Border Patrol (or any other paramilitary force) from doing whatever they want on its territory. So if it is a country, it's a failed state that's being occupied by a foreign nation.

It's a failed state even before it had more than just trees. This is highly unfair to perfectly socially responsible trees.

Oh wait, did that tree move? why yes, it did! No wait, it's just the Chief in his green tree costume! It would have worked but his guns flashed in the sun.

IP Logged

stevea

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:38am
Print Post  
This very topic has been beaten to death on this forum, yet Don_G has to create his dozen threads a day, and can't be bothered to READ any response in detail, nor to read any serious libertarian sources.

I smell a troll.

The question of taxes (if any) devolves into the question of what is the legitimate role of government (if any).   Troll_G should be familiar with Hobbes,Locke,and perhaps Kant if he is a "real libertarian", and that would frame the issue (not resolve it).

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
stevea wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:38am:
This very topic has been beaten to death on this forum, yet Don_G has to create his dozen threads a day, and can't be bothered to READ any response in detail, nor to read any serious libertarian sources.

I smell a troll.

The question of taxes (if any) devolves into the question of what is the legitimate role of government (if any).   Troll_G should be familiar with Hobbes,Locke,and perhaps Kant if he is a "real libertarian", and that would frame the issue (not resolve it).
That frames the issue well steve, but I'm afraid the Donat can't see it.
He's mired in Marx's imaginary metaphysics and trying to apply it to imaginary humans.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
stevea wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:38am:

I smell a troll.

People like you always resort to the 'troll' charge in order to have differing opinions censored. All of the extremists who pretend to be libertarians have given it a try already. The Chief, Jeff, Kaz before he got frustrated, and especially you. When it repeatedly doesn't work for you, you should move on and try to deal with me in a more effective way. Now wipe the foam off your face and try!

But I like to take a topic seriously and so with this one I'll challenge the pseudo-libertarians' notion of their limited view of the role of government. Shall we get started steve?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What, if any, Taxes are Acceptable in a Libertarian System?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy