Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Libertarians can Learn from Don_G
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What Libertarians can Learn from Don_G (Read 310 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: What Libertarians can Learn from Don_G
Reply #10 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:44am:
The basic classic liberal/libertarian concept is that Rights are inherent and possessed equally by all humans.

If you could give an example of 'clashing' rights, I'd be glad to try help you understand where (besides thinking that Rights are "granted") you are going wrong in your thinking.

I can't take you seriously enough to bother, but that could change if you want it to change.

I think that any rights or freedoms that I would say clash with your rights or the perceived rights of libertarians on this board, would be called non-rights by you. And besides, I've already named a few.

You've hit on my basic complaint about your brand of libertarianism though and that tells me you have an interest. Thank you.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 11:55am:
I think that any rights or freedoms that I would say clash with your rights or the perceived rights of libertarians on this board, would be called non-rights by you. And besides, I've already named a few.
I probably missed where you did that. Could you please name just two "rights that clash"? Thanks. It won't take any longer than to tell me again that you've already done it...

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 2:38pm:
I probably missed where you did that. Could you please name just two "rights that clash"? Thanks. It won't take any longer than to tell me again that you've already done it...

Sure, I'll do it again for you so you can say that what I think are rights are not rights to you. I've used the gun thing so you already know that one.

How about Rand Paul's libertarian right for a restaurant owner to exclude black people. That's a liberarian's imagined right that clashes with the right of a black person to go anywhere a white person can go.

The trouble with your kind of libertarian rights is that they are rights that are not rights to normal people. All legitimate rights are covered more or less by a rational society. People like you and Rand Paul have to dream up special rights for libertarians. (special people)

Your kind of libertarianism is the last bastion of hope for the angry white man!

That's you! As opposed to the Chief who wanders around in a fog.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 6:11pm:
How about Rand Paul's libertarian right for a restaurant owner to exclude black people.
It's not Paul's right, it's every property owners right to exclude people from his property. Even if all you own is a car, you can say, "stay out of my car" to anyone you want to.

Where you are mistaken is in believing that your color somehow gives you rights to my property...

That was the idea behind enslaving black Africans. White people and Arabs and other black Africans thought they had a right to enslave people because of their color, completely abrogate those people's property rights to themselves.

This is likely too subtle for you. Respond as you like.

Edit: Remember we are talking about property rights...
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2017 at 7:38pm by Jeff »  

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 6:26pm:
It's not Paul's right, it's every property owners right to exclude people from his property. Even if all you own is a car, you can say, "stay out of my car" to anyone you want to.

Where you are mistaken is in believing that your color somehow gives you rights to my property...

That was the idea behind enslaving black Africans. White people and Arabs and other black Africans thought they had a right to enslave people because of their color, completely abrogate those people's property rights to themselves.

This is likely to subtle for you. Respond as you like.

I'm passionate about this...

Is that the same as emotional?

I am currently on about twice my usual medication...

I suppose that opens me to ridicule rather than a rational reply to my questions? Embarrassed

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 6:26pm:

This is likely too subtle for you. Respond as you like.

Well Jeff No, we aren't talking about property rights. I gave you an example of human rights that you somehow confused with property rights. Doesn't your country's constituttion cover the basics on people's skin coulour not disqualifying them from whitey's rights? What about those fanding fouthers who weren't racists themselves?

Did my response please you?

You have to admit Jeff, libertarians like you really do see libertarianism as the last bastion of angry white men't rights!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 7:36pm:
I'm passionate about this...

Is that the same as emotional?

I am currently on about twice my usual medication...

I suppose that opens me to ridicule rather than a rational reply to my questions? Embarrassed

Not yet. What time did you take your narcotics? Have they kicked in yet? I've heard you a lot worse. You haven't even started the crap---- smac----!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:16pm:
Well Jeff No, we aren't talking about property rights.
Restaurant owners don't have property rights? Why not?

Please explain why not.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:25pm:
Restaurant owners don't have property rights? Why not?

Please explain why not.

It's simple. Restaurants aren't property, they are only places that people go to eat. Have you ever gone back to a restaurant that closes at 10 p.m. at 1 a.m? You won't find it. Every night at 11 the restaurant fairy runs around and picks up restaurants.

Never mind that now. How would you like a nice ice cream cone?
CHOCOLATE RIPPLE!!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:19pm:
Not yet. What time did you take your narcotics? Have they kicked in yet?
Sure. The regular dose kicked in long ago.

Even with the double dose, I'm rational enough to ask you why restaurant owners don't have property rights. Why shouldn't they???

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Libertarians can Learn from Don_G
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy